Page 4 of 4

Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:19 am
by Generz
Frosty_SPL wrote:
quazar311 wrote:... pressing on the rear output on the tranny.
Thats something i DO NOT want to do.
wait wat??!?!?

Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:14 pm
by ChadMK4
I doubt it is the driveshaft because that would require you to be moving. But you're saying that this is happening while you're sitting still. So that throws out the DS possibility. I wonder if your starter housing may be to close to the fly? Or maybe it could be the TB like others are saying. The TB on the last two CC's that I've had made some noises, but I never felt any out of place vibrations or grinds.
I think the one that Rhoad had on his 14 was really loud.

GL.

Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:14 pm
by Frosty_SPL
Yes, it only makes noise when Im sitting still with the clutch engaged. I can feel the whine around my feet. When I let off a bit, it goes away but comes back after a sec.

Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:33 pm
by Kronus
This started with a new clutch installed correct?

Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:31 pm
by Frosty_SPL
Yes, I talked to scott at rip garage, he said the 2 piece TB can make noise if they are installed perfectly, and I can get an OEM TB that is one piece and it will fix the noise.

Another thing, The car stumbles sometimes when Im pulling away from a stop. It also has a flat spot in the powerband. Could this be a dirty MAF?

Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:39 am
by icantdrift
Frosty_SPL wrote: Another thing, The car stumbles sometimes when Im pulling away from a stop. It also has a flat spot in the powerband. Could this be a dirty MAF?

could be, could very likely be plugs/wires/cap if it hasn't had a tune up in a while.

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:11 pm
by Frosty_SPL
so i just put the plugs, cap, rotor, wires on the other night and it runs worse. It almost dies when I pull from a stop and has a couple flatspots in the powerband. High RPM seems to be ok though.

Could it be a dirty maf or clogged fuel filter?

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:26 pm
by Greg
change the fuel filter, who knows when it's been changed.

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:29 pm
by Cankles
make sure the timing is right

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:58 pm
by shawn shawn
I had bad plug wires make weird things happen before.

Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:44 am
by ChadMK4
StLCankles wrote:make sure the timing is right
Image

Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:55 pm
by Pittsy
StLCankles wrote:make sure the timing is right

Image