Well...I've done it now....

Post any and all car-related pictures here.

Moderators: charlie, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

Post Reply
User avatar
Pittsy
Rock Smoke
Posts: 3698
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:35 pm
Location: Location: Location

Re: Well...I've done it now....

Post by Pittsy »

Just a thought, Tony, but you might be able to sell the shell you have now for enough $$ to get Austin's hookup towed home. $300 bucks for another clean shell w/ motor, trans, bigger brakes, and LSD is kind of hard to pass up, don't you think? If it really is just the clutch, and the guy has one to sell with the car, you could be up and running in MUCH less time, for MUCH less $$$.

Just my 2 cents.



"Too poor for the DM RBO Elite, but they let me tag along anyway."
John Lennon wrote:I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me.
User avatar
Generz
Eet Bacon
Posts: 7970
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:11 am
Location: XOXO GossipGene
Contact:

Re: Well...I've done it now....

Post by Generz »

Tony.. I'm gonna have to go with Austin and Wes on this one.

You'll be drifting a lot sooner and you will actually be able to slide with us.

Start saving money now.. and sell that shell for $400 bucks!
Image
User avatar
P.Haire
Trunk Junk
Posts: 14403
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:13 pm
Location: ZOO
Contact:

Re: Well...I've done it now....

Post by P.Haire »

i paid 200 bucks for a gxl diff. turbo II ones are like 400.
Image
please believe
User avatar
Lightning
OK Finally Past the Hazing
Posts: 1942
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:53 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: Well...I've done it now....

Post by Lightning »

I'll give it some thought. I just can't take the time off from work like that though...
unhinged......no, not really.
User avatar
Generz
Eet Bacon
Posts: 7970
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:11 am
Location: XOXO GossipGene
Contact:

Re: Well...I've done it now....

Post by Generz »

Lightning wrote:I'll give it some thought. I just can't take the time off from work like that though...
Cannonball it.. I've done ATL to Orlando and back in one night.
Image
User avatar
Greg
Muscle Milk
Posts: 11575
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:05 pm
Location: Seventh Circle Inner Ring.
Contact:

Re: Well...I've done it now....

Post by Greg »

[html]<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LbIajaSH4dg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/html]
Bikes, Meat, Drama, Meat, Gossip, Meat, Metal, Meat, Buttsex, Meat, Family and some Drifting.
User avatar
Pittsy
Rock Smoke
Posts: 3698
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:35 pm
Location: Location: Location

Re: Well...I've done it now....

Post by Pittsy »

Generz wrote:
Lightning wrote:I'll give it some thought. I just can't take the time off from work like that though...
Image



"Too poor for the DM RBO Elite, but they let me tag along anyway."
John Lennon wrote:I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me.
User avatar
Lightning
OK Finally Past the Hazing
Posts: 1942
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:53 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: Well...I've done it now....

Post by Lightning »

I've been hunting parts since I got the car. I found a couple T2 diffs for about $200-$250, and the axles for $100...and 5-lug parts for $200...eh. I still dunno.

if I got the GXL I'd have to drop money for a plane ticket, $100 at the DMV to switch the title and tag over, plus fuel to get down to Tampa....and time off from work to go to the DMV.

that's why I'm so hesitant on doing it. It comes out to be the same money invested.
unhinged......no, not really.
User avatar
Pittsy
Rock Smoke
Posts: 3698
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:35 pm
Location: Location: Location

Re: Well...I've done it now....

Post by Pittsy »

Lightning wrote: It comes out to be the same money invested.

For a more complete end result...



"Too poor for the DM RBO Elite, but they let me tag along anyway."
John Lennon wrote:I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me.
User avatar
Lightning
OK Finally Past the Hazing
Posts: 1942
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:53 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: Well...I've done it now....

Post by Lightning »

well...I'd be going V8 either way. So the end result is wether I have a running rotary about a month from now, or a running V8 in three.
unhinged......no, not really.
User avatar
Pittsy
Rock Smoke
Posts: 3698
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:35 pm
Location: Location: Location

Re: Well...I've done it now....

Post by Pittsy »

Image










































:heartbeat: ya, Tony.



"Too poor for the DM RBO Elite, but they let me tag along anyway."
John Lennon wrote:I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me.
User avatar
Lightning
OK Finally Past the Hazing
Posts: 1942
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:53 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: Well...I've done it now....

Post by Lightning »

Pittsy wrote:[img]





:heartbeat: ya, Tony.
lol, I know.


at least I'm looking at things feasibly and doing the math this time, vs when I did the M-'s
unhinged......no, not really.
User avatar
jsquared
Taco Bar Extraordinaire
Posts: 4302
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 5:48 pm

Re: Well...I've done it now....

Post by jsquared »

I just wanted to come in here and say:


Aluminum door handles FTW. FC's are amazing.
siccccckkkkkkkk
User avatar
HATERDAN
Purple Drank
Posts: 2106
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:25 am
Location: in your sister
Contact:

Re: Well...I've done it now....

Post by HATERDAN »

this thing is never going to drift. I know a dude up here who HAD to go RB and HAD to have RHD and HAD to have a rollcage

3 years/30000bucks later he's almost finished his s14.5 full caged 1000hp RB

now he's got so much money into it he's afraid to drive it.

oh the best part. he bought it as a running coilover having SR swapped zenki s14



tony I like you but let me explain something to you and please understand this is because I care:


YOU ARE A FUCKING IDIOT. JUST GET THE CAR RUNNING AND WHILE YOU ARE HAVING FUN WITH IT AS A MOSTLY STOCK CAR YOU CAN SAVE UP FOR A REAL BUILD. THE MORE TIME YOU WASTE BUYING PARTS AND MAKING IT V8 IS JUST MORE TIME YOU AREN'T DRIVING. STOP BEING SUCH A COCKSUCKING "I NEED THIS TO DRIFT" FANBOI.


here's what you need to drift since you aren't ever going to be in FD:

a car that runs
you in the drivers seat

that's it


stop being an asshole.
-dan
User avatar
PmartyX
Purple Drank
Posts: 2531
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:03 pm
Location: CALI FINALLY!
Contact:

Re: Well...I've done it now....

Post by PmartyX »

Lightning wrote:I've been hunting parts since I got the car. I found a couple T2 diffs for about $200-$250, and the axles for $100...and 5-lug parts for $200...eh. I still dunno.

if I got the GXL I'd have to drop money for a plane ticket, $100 at the DMV to switch the title and tag over, plus fuel to get down to Tampa....and time off from work to go to the DMV.

that's why I'm so hesitant on doing it. It comes out to be the same money invested.

You have 30 days to register it. You can drive it without a plate. Just get insurance.
I am very safety driver!!!!!!!!!

Image

"if you see team rowdy in anyone's sig, just don't even read the post. From my experience anything they've said to me was assholish and most of what i read is the same."
Post Reply