Page 6 of 11

Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:43 am
by icantdrift
andysapp wrote:Maaaan... I liked the idea that it wasn't that bad.
I'm hella bummed right now.

I don't like seeing pictures of my friends car in pieces on the floor.
:(

Let me know if you need any help turning wrenches or blaring metal.
considering the circumstances, this wasn't that bad. i'll have it at least rolling again in a few days then i'll figure out my plan of action for straightening the frame. i'll let you know when it's time to start swinging the sledge.

Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:02 am
by marcos
Erin,

You know Im right down the street from you, so if you need anything.. So far in parts that I can think of that would be maybe of use is I still have some stock metal fenders for a pop-up headlight car. Perfect condition and in black.. Oh and with some fresh two-tone GTE stickers.... Lmk...

I dont have endlinks, but I think I have one just slightly tweaked cusco tc-rod.. Did you bend one or two?

Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:00 am
by icantdrift
marcos wrote:Erin,

You know Im right down the street from you, so if you need anything.. So far in parts that I can think of that would be maybe of use is I still have some stock metal fenders for a pop-up headlight car. Perfect condition and in black.. Oh and with some fresh two-tone GTE stickers.... Lmk...

I dont have endlinks, but I think I have one just slightly tweaked cusco tc-rod.. Did you bend one or two?
only the left is bent

Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:59 am
by GTEAST
Erin, don't forget Sep BMW event.

Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:48 am
by shawn shawn
Doesn't the guy across from tiger racing straighten frames?

Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:50 am
by Cankles
man erin. hella sucks. you need anything that i might be able to do let me know.

Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:36 pm
by Dr. Marlow
nooooooooo!
u better put straight pipes on the next v8

Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:59 pm
by icantdrift
GTEAST wrote:Erin, don't forget Sep BMW event.
i haven't forgotten. control arm is fixed, tension rods on the way. just need an endlink for the swaybar then i'll put the front back together completely and start yanking the frame.

Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:18 pm
by revel
glad its coming back together. hope the frame does your bidding.

Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:26 pm
by icantdrift
revel wrote:glad its coming back together. hope the frame does your bidding.
i will photograph the awesomeness that is frame straightening the DIY way. it will do my bidding or i will ditch this shell to start on a new one.

Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:43 pm
by kalifornia087
Dang man sorry to hear it got ze frame.

Ya know I'm only 15 minutes away, if you need an extra had for anything just holler!

Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:47 pm
by Generz
tony's black car... tree/come-a-long/straps/driving car

mucho better than it was.. not perfect but still...

Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:24 pm
by bighuyner
quazar311 wrote:tony's black car... tree/come-a-long/straps/driving car

mucho better than it was.. not perfect but still...
I was gonna suggest this. Must be an asian thing.

Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:41 pm
by Generz
bighuyner wrote:
quazar311 wrote:tony's black car... tree/come-a-long/straps/driving car

mucho better than it was.. not perfect but still...
I was gonna suggest this. Must be an asian thing.
tony is asian.

Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:42 pm
by struka
he is the real asian