No more LS13's, 72 Camaro and Rotary Brat Lemon.

Post any and all car-related pictures here.

Moderators: charlie, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

down_shift
Muscle Milk

Re: No more LS13's, 72 Camaro and Rotary Brat Lemon.

Post by down_shift »

mikespeed95 wrote:Went to Woodlands with my friend Garrett, wound up doing this
Attachments
mp_wab_spill.jpg
mp_wab_spill.jpg (112.24 KiB) Viewed 4326 times
::::: understeer is definitely a crime - Colin McRae
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

LOLOL!
struka
Slippery When Westicles

Post by struka »

thats pretty dick...lolz
mikespeed95
Get Some

Post by mikespeed95 »

Dude that looks more legit than the picture BP put out!!!

hahahaahahahaha

Thats seriously the funniest thing I've seen on the internet today. Better than the new Peopleofwalmart.com app released for the Iphone today.
mranlet wrote:Isn't everyone in Teha$ like that?
Hey.

Some of the people in prison don't have their own office, but they do have busses.
mranlet
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by mranlet »

down_shift wrote:
mikespeed95 wrote:Went to Woodlands with my friend Garrett, wound up doing this
Whoa!
Southeast Reginoal Director of Full Auto, BTTS and STFU&D
down_shift
Muscle Milk

Post by down_shift »

:waits for panda to make goatsee chop:
::::: understeer is definitely a crime - Colin McRae
mikespeed95
Get Some

Post by mikespeed95 »

I'd fly right into that hole
AFSil80
Clam Salesman

Post by AFSil80 »

I wish I had photoshop skills because I have a great idea.
- Peter -- '66 Pontiac Le Mans - '93 LX 5.0 --
mranlet
Imitation Crab Meat

poop

Post by mranlet »

magic wand noncontinuous 30 tolerance
Attachments
Mikespeed flying bluescreen.jpg
Mikespeed flying bluescreen.jpg (79.37 KiB) Viewed 4261 times
Southeast Reginoal Director of Full Auto, BTTS and STFU&D
AE111
Ripe Meat

Re: LS1 240sx...take 2.

Post by AE111 »

Black Guy wrote:We just bought an LS1 at the shop and now i'm trying to get Ken to buy a magnacharger. KEEP THE DREAM ALIVE!!!!!!!!!! PS if you have any tips and tricks for cheap whiney supercharger kits let me know.

R.I.P. MikeMad360sPetersMobile
Aisin AMR300 runs the equivalent of 150 bucks here in Indo. AMR500 like 50 bucks more. Do they whine? Oh hells yeah. Imagine a Roots blower with a 25.000 RPM ceiling, which is essentially what they are...
mikespeed95
Get Some

Post by mikespeed95 »

So the sandblasting guys are dumb. So dumb so so so dumb.

"$275 blast whole care down to bare metal and prime" WHAT A DEAL!! Yeah too good to be true. Didn't even blast the car, idiots then gave me pictures of car before priming with paint on it, then the guy who did it admitted he didn't even blast it, he just primed it. Taking them to court, I'm not paying for work that wasn't done, especially after their employee admits he didn't blast the thing. Ugh. "I dusted it and primed it" Thats not quite whole car down to bare metal....luckily had a lot of friends tag along for pickup/dropoff, and we got the agreement on video, guy admitting he "had his guy blast hte whole car down to bare metal" then the guy who did it telling us " I didn't even blast it, I just primed it like my boss said to". Dumb rednecks. Things like accountability and ethics just don't mean anything anymore. Its totally a dick move but on principle alone I'm just gonna rape these guys in court and make them pay for my gas money/annoyance as well. What sucks even more is I see crap like this happen and people just take it and don't stand up for themselves. Guys had the audacity to tell me "Well we deal with people locally and treat them right, and we've been here a long time, so just deal with it, you ain't leavin till you pay I don't care what we did/didn't do and what my employee told ya". Made the mistake of telling this guy I used to be from out of town, so I guess he thinks he's just gonna fall back on the locals. Too bad I have a nerve that is easily stricken by people who think they are above everyone else and the rules of life don't equally affect them, and the courthouse has a room just for this. Officer and J.P. I spoke with ironically restore old cars, and when i showed them the pictures both of them stared in disbelief and were like "I cant beleive they were dumb enough to give you these, the car is still yellow in these pictures".

Like it was so bad, the sound deadening that i could pull off with my hand, I was just too lazy to remove since they were about to blast the car, was just primered over. I was able to reach down while talking to the guy with one finger and knock it off, and see nasty yellowish stuff underneath it, while the guy proceeded to tell me "Yeah thats is down to bare metal". Just wow.

In other news, I bought a sandblaster and am back to not trusting anyone to touch my car except people I've known for a long time, like myself, although Derrick will be helping with a lot of the fabwork, and I'll probably try to ask some other people to do some things that I can't do as well. Its just tough trying to stay motivated becuase there is a lot to do, although I'm mostly done with all the boring stuff like welding holes shut/blockoff plates/firewalls etc etc. Its important stuff, but man its kinda boring and when you're done with it its not anything where your like "WHOA THAT IS COOL!!"

Anyways.

So I've been watching and building the following:

[html]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hMtZfW2z9dw?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hMtZfW2z9dw?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/html]

Pulled the good old 240 project I just can't get rid of in, and started doing all the safety stuff. Some pics of progress on making front clip, sealin off firewall, lowering floorboard/removing hump with hammer/patch panels and simple safe and functional fuel cell mount, minus straps that I havent made yet.

kalifornia087
Rock Smoke

Post by kalifornia087 »

Sucks to hear about the camaro man, that is such bullshit!

Glad to hear you got some stuff done cant wait to see this thing come together
go fast or die
mikespeed95
Get Some

Post by mikespeed95 »

Not much new to report, been working on a bunch of other crap.

But other crap yeilds income, which yeilds this

Odered it today. Win.
mikespeed95
Get Some

Post by mikespeed95 »

So with Fabricatedmotorsports.com 's announcement of a Tejas series, I worked on the s13 some today. Looked at the FC shell I had, and decided I realllllly loved my old coupe, even though I feel LS1 240's are now more played out than AIDS in an African tribe, and to just build one simliar to my old one, but done half way proper.

One of my biggest complaints was I didn't fit in the car, and didn't wanna do a bunch of crazy work to a car I won't fit in.

Today thanks to Derrick's plasma cutter, I solved that problem.

Then I subsequently ran out of sheetmetal, and called it a night from making a new oddly notched floorboard. The notches fit the bottom of my seat perfectly, and freed up about 4'' of headroom. With the seat where it will rest I can sit there, look up out the sunroof, even TURN AROUND and not hit the cage with a helmet.

It is win.
mikespeed95
Get Some

Post by mikespeed95 »

Sew, a needle pulling thread, been pretty eventful last couple days, here are highlights and some pics.

- Finished notching the floorboards on the s13. I can now turn my head all the way around, look every direction, move as much as possible and still fit my hand between the helmet and cage. It is awesome. I tried to make it more asthetically smooth but then decided that it is a racecar, and I don't care. Interior is done until cage is installed, which is awesome.

- Started redoing my S13 dash, had one that was cracked really bad, so i removed all the fake leather stuff, and added America's favorite material for quality body work, BONDO on it, sanded most of it off today and it filled in 99% of the stuff, so I'm gonna plaster some more on and then sand that off and it should be ready for a super professional spray paint job, because this car is only getting the best.

- Needed to buy some trailer locks, stumbled upon this recently opened trailer place in town near my house, and noticed they had jeep style trailer fenders...20 bux later I had the beginnings of our DTM aero/fender flares for the brat.

- Car topped out at 140 today, so I went to Harry's Speed Shop and got some NOS.

- Helper springs (Airbags) for the truck came in today, so need to throw those on.

- Got my Ingersoll 231c PATRIOT EDITION in couple days ago, its heavy, and solid metal the way America should be.

- Got a new sound system from my friend Jonathan, so now I can listen to loud music with quality

- Got the trailer mostly de-stickered

- Unloaded the FC I picked up and now have three spare engines for the Brat, and two spare transmissions.

- Got a sandblaster, its awesome, and makes a huge mess.

I think thats about it. Been working on random cars a lot so had some money to spend which was nice, although I'd rather be at school this semester.

Here are some random pics of crap I've done in the last week:

Still need a LOT of trimming/fitment and have to build some stuff for them and cut the back off, but this is this basic idea.

Dash how I left it last night, now its all flat again, hopefully one more bondo plastering will do the trick.

In all of its hammered to hell before being replaced or neglected glory: