No more LS13's, 72 Camaro and Rotary Brat Lemon.

Post any and all car-related pictures here.

Moderators: charlie, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

andysapp
I need to go outside

Re: LS1 240sx...take 2.

Post by andysapp »

DEFINITELY NO.

Those Foose wheels will look like MURDER on that car Mike!
So dick!
Dr. Marlow
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Dr. Marlow »

baller wheels
You've got the wrong answer
mikespeed95
Get Some

Post by mikespeed95 »

down_shift wrote:
kalifornia087 wrote:I'll wash it FOERST lol
no.
haha that burban is dick.

what sucks, is this sitting in my shop and i sooo want to dive in, but brokehand. gonna try to move s13 racecar project tomorow and remove the lemons scrap pile, move camaro to back, start removing trim and stuff, need to sandblast whole car to figure out what is/isnt salvegable.
mikespeed95
Get Some

Post by mikespeed95 »

I did a little write-up on another site of the events that lead to the Camaro, thought I'd post here too.

About 3 weeks ago I broke my hand, can't write, cut my food, tie my shoes or drive my daily driver, a 6-speed Cummins Dodge. So I bought an 84 Maxima Station wagon guy was asking 1500 for originally, but had updated with new ads on CL coming down progressively. I called him, told him a lowball offer but reiterated I had a truck/trailer, and got it, and used it to get around for a while.

One night browsing good ole craigslist I came across this ad:

Now my hand is in a cast but I can do some things now including drive my truck, called the guy about the Camaro and listed the Maxima for sale. Had 5-6 people interested in the Maxima but a guy from the Texas A&M Sports car club wanted it to drive around and throw a v8 in later, came and got it that night. Took the truck/trailer to Dallas to pick up the Camaro with Maxima cash.

Picked up my friend Patrick Duffy for what should've been an easy pick up and go, but no. On the way up the seller informs me it has two flats. I ask if he has an air compressor, he informs me he doesn't. I'm about 2 hours from home thinking to myself how convenient it woulda been to put my 4 gallon Ingersoll compressor in my truck, but that would just be too easy. Luckily I text Duffy and he has one, so no big deal. We arrive and pull the car outside with my truck so we can put some air in the tire to get it on my open trailer, its a rustbucket as I was aware, but the roof/rearwindow/a-pillars seem solid, which was all I really wanted.

Heres a pic I took right after we got it outside, with Duffy waiting on the compressor to get the passenger side tire.

We later learned the drivers side wouldn't hold air at all, and in a super tight suburbia neighborhood we had to get creative with asking neighbors if we could use their driveways, and blocked off the street for about 20 minutes trying to load. Was quite a headache, but I finally had my dream Camaro I've always wanted to build. Also I'm really glad Duffy tagged along because without him I'm sure that would've been a nightmare without him there to help, a broken hand and the guy I got the car from, lol.

Went to go eat with my buddy Aaron once I realized I wouldnt be back home by the time I wanted, then drove home. Weather was crappy, got an energy drink and got home, backed the trailer into the shop and passed out one happy camper.

After 5 years of looking, and never really seeing anything less than 3k, I had a rusted-to-hell 1972 Chevrolet Camaro.

blink182house
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by blink182house »

congratulations!
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

So awesome! Can't wait to see this thing come together.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Hella stoked for you bud!
mobceo
Stale Meat

Post by mobceo »

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
SLAM Racing......do you have what it takes??
mikespeed95
Get Some

Post by mikespeed95 »

well my cast is off. been doing some construction at the shop with friends help, and i couldn't have done anything without their help.

since i now have a minifridge, and will probably be spending mucho time up there after xdc vegas, bought some stuff.

built a 8x12 2nd floor in the shop, moving all the shelves/spare parts/camaro parts upstairs, and all the tools to underneath the deck, so that all left in the shop outside the 8x12 area will be 3 rolling toolcarts at whatever vehicle they are working on, the maroon 240/ls1 project in the back, the camaro next to it, the brat slid in the back corner, and two work areas right in front of the door. pretty excited about the new layout, should be pretty awesome once i get it all organized next week. after that will hopefully be able to take in some customer work thats been on hold since hand broke, and get to work on getting ls1 240 / camaro going.

scratching the windsor 240 project, it was near free but i dont have the time or genuine desire to do it unless a friend wants it for lemons, so that'll be gone soon too. i'm trying to find someone to talk into building up a foxbody though, i've always wanted to really play with one and trying to convince a couple people to get one so they can put my windsor in it and go have fun. time will tell, but ready to get back to work on this stuff.
mikespeed95
Get Some

Post by mikespeed95 »

Little updatez;

So last event out we broke our muffler tubing lemons-spec driveshaft in half. Derrick fabbed up another one and I got it put in last night.

Quality stuff. Fired it up to make sure the transmission and everything still worked, and also got all the bugs outta the shop. Twas awesome.

Also got to work on the family's farm truck that sat for 6 years my cousin is turning into a tow vehicle for his toys. I would'nt be doing my patriotic duty if I didn't post this awesome-mobile. 12v Cummins, has been sitting at the farm for 6+ years. Runs like a champ.

'Merica.

Also an event popped up that so far has 3k in prizes. I'll probably get stomped on because I'll be in the brat but it should be pretty awesome, and it'll be my 1st competition in almost three years.

MAP= http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 7&t=h&z=16" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It'll be located out at Mineral Wells Airpark on the huge pavement area at the end of Columbia Street[/url] and is only $5 to watch!.

If you have any more questions about coming to watch, check out , http://www.fabricatedmotorsports.com/In ... _2010.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or if you wanna drive you can find anything out you wanna know at FabricatedMotorsports.com or you can email AaronLosey@mac.com

This'll be a pretty awesome event to check out and have some fun.

I got some more updates I'll post soon.
mikespeed95
Get Some

Re: No more LS13's, 72 Camaro and Rotary Brat Lemon.

Post by mikespeed95 »

Got to have a little fun today at the shop, my cuzzzz picked up a blower for his Plum Crazy SRT-8 Charger, and we started installing it.

Was a used kit with no instructions, and I'm not gonna lie, I was trying to figure out the oddball design on the "Crank pulley adapter" and need to get a different bolt for it, and we also needed to get some other little tiny things, and I didn't feel like doing all the wiring tonight, so we didn't get it done, but it was a pretty fun/cool project we got to start on late tonight.

Pulled it in around 4'oclock to get started, waited on it to cool off a little bit, and we got some food and stuff, and farted around, and got a decent bit done. Since its not a racecar we had to spend like an hour taking all the silly factory clips off and a bunch of jib-jab, but made a dent in it pretty well. All we have left is the wiring and intercooler stuffs after we get a new crank bolt.

Start

Blower off

When we left:

Can't wait to finish this, and my cousin is super excited as he's been saving up for this for a while. It's not a Magnuson but its still pretty cool, we got it used from a shop called Fastlane in Houston, Magnuson is still working on CARB legal stuff and this popped up now, so my cousin jumped on it. Pretty cool kit although the company went outta business. Should throw down about 530rwhp when done, with A/C, 4 seats, should be a cool cruiser. He already has the KW coilovers and other mopar stuff, pretty cool car. Gotta get the DriveShaftShop axles next so we can take it to the drag strip, but its nice workin on something cool at the shop.

Also got the Brat running again. Woowoo.
down_shift
Muscle Milk

Re: No more LS13's, 72 Camaro and Rotary Brat Lemo

Post by down_shift »

saw the brat got a post on speedhunters. cool.
::::: understeer is definitely a crime - Colin McRae
Dr. Marlow
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Dr. Marlow »

mmm hemi
You've got the wrong answer
mikespeed95
Get Some

Post by mikespeed95 »

Dr. Marlow wrote:mmm hemi
'Merica.
Lightning
OK Finally Past the Hazing

Post by Lightning »

mikespeed95 wrote:
Dr. Marlow wrote:mmm hemi
'Merica.
hell yeah! :teethslay:

I'm happy they brought Plum Crazy back for the paint catalog.

definately nice the Brat made Speedhunters too.
unhinged......no, not really.