BucketOfWin

Post any and all car-related pictures here.

Moderators: charlie, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

BandyDesign
Ripe Meat

BucketOfWin

Post by BandyDesign »

So, I'm new to the blogging world, but I'm not new to buying rad domains.

This one has been sitting... so I made stickers.

:)

Then I realized that people would want to know what its all about.... so I made a blog.

I just hit up a rad meet in NC at Eurowise, organized by Wrong Fitment Crew.
Here are some select shots:

Now check out the rest at my blog and pimp it out please :D

http://www.BucketOfWin.com
revel
Eet Bacon

Re: BucketOfWin

Post by revel »

hydraulic jacking system=so hot
Car(e)less Stranger
Stale Meat

Post by Car(e)less Stranger »

Nice design on the blog there... and awesome shots, where's the thumbs up! smiley?
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

Nice shots! Site is looking good so far too!
BandyDesign
Ripe Meat

Post by BandyDesign »

Thanks guys! I just threw on a template and kinda hacked at it awhile. I believe its got some potential!
charlie
Eet Bacon

Post by charlie »

BucketOfWin

That's how the logo reads. You might want to rethink that. Personally I'm no fan of outline type like that but if you must, you should at least consider reversing the weights so that "Bucket" and "Win" are heavier. Not to mention, you've already got the web 2'ish bucket graphic, so why not treat the type in a similar way with waaaay less emphasis on the word "of" (which shouldn't be capitalized anyway). Two pennies.
[html]<object data="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" style="outline:none;" width="512" height="44" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"><param value="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" name="movie"/><param value="always" name="AllowScriptAccess"/><param value="opaque" name="wmode"/><param value="noscale" name="scale"/><param value="tl" name="salign"/></object><BR>
[/html]K-TO-THE-MOTHERFUCKIN-OI! OI! OI!
BandyDesign
Ripe Meat

Post by BandyDesign »

charlie wrote:BucketOfWin

That's how the logo reads. You might want to rethink that. Personally I'm no fan of outline type like that but if you must, you should at least consider reversing the weights so that "Bucket" and "Win" are heavier. Not to mention, you've already got the web 2'ish bucket graphic, so why not treat the type in a similar way with waaaay less emphasis on the word "of" (which shouldn't be capitalized anyway). Two pennies.
Thats a good point. I was trying to keep the words separate without using spaces, thats why I capitalized each word. The color change should be enough tho. The outline was mainly to make it pop from the background. I didn't think it was enough to just be bold.

Ok, well the next go around, I could use your advice before I go to print. Thanks for the critique!
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

I was thinking the same thing about the logo. Also, I couldn't believe that dude with that butter S2K has HOBO on the back of his car.
I'm telling you... that typeface is making a comeback. Gross.

I like the URL a lot man! It is going to be a rad site!!!
:D
Cankles
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Cankles »

BandyDesign wrote:

Thats a good point. I was trying to keep the words separate without using spaces, thats why I capitalized each word. The color change should be enough tho. The outline was mainly to make it pop from the background. I didn't think it was enough to just be bold.

Ok, well the next go around, I could use your advice before I go to print. Thanks for the critique!
i understand the programmer thing of no spaces and capitals starting to words but i agree with charlie. of shouldnt be capitalized and honestly a little break between the words isnt bad. helps the idiots like me in the world digest it better. also the things in the buckets are kind of lost to me if they really have meaning, if not oh well. id try getting rid of them and keeping the lip of the bucket tilted backwards a bit more to not revel what the bucket holds and try a golden glow, ya know like the glow from the briefcase in pulp fiction, that kind of idea to let each person determine what win is in their mind and attract them a bit more. then again im not a designer or a marketing major or blessed with a fully fucntional brain but i do have an opinion and wanted to share. good pics!!!
Dr. Marlow
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Dr. Marlow »

a blag with bandydesign pictures?
sign me up
You've got the wrong answer
BandyDesign
Ripe Meat

Post by BandyDesign »

Cankles wrote:
BandyDesign wrote:

i understand the programmer thing of no spaces and capitals starting to words but i agree with charlie. of shouldnt be capitalized and honestly a little break between the words isnt bad. helps the idiots like me in the world digest it better. also the things in the buckets are kind of lost to me if they really have meaning, if not oh well. id try getting rid of them and keeping the lip of the bucket tilted backwards a bit more to not revel what the bucket holds and try a golden glow, ya know like the glow from the briefcase in pulp fiction, that kind of idea to let each person determine what win is in their mind and attract them a bit more. then again im not a designer or a marketing major or blessed with a fully fucntional brain but i do have an opinion and wanted to share. good pics!!!
Well I'm no designer... just wish I were. The objects in the bucket are supposed to look like pictures. Like Polaroids with the white border. I will definitely need help when I redo the design for the next round of stickers.
marlow<12 wrote:a blag with bandydesign pictures?
sign me up
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
BandyDesign
Ripe Meat

Post by BandyDesign »

andysapp wrote:I was thinking the same thing about the logo. Also, I couldn't believe that dude with that butter S2K has HOBO on the back of his car.
I'm telling you... that typeface is making a comeback. Gross.

I like the URL a lot man! It is going to be a rad site!!!
:D
haha yeah I threw up a lil when I saw that font.

and thank you kindly sir ;) <3

Oh! and...
95 unique visits. Not too shabby for day 1! :)
shawn shawn
Hollasaurus Rex

Post by shawn shawn »

That lexus is cool sans hood.
ImageImage

_team rowdy_