Upgrade!

Post any and all car-related pictures here.

Moderators: charlie, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

PmartyX
Purple Drank

Re: Upgrade!

Post by PmartyX »

collink wrote:I guess the fact that I want to do something more unique isn't a good enough argument?

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere we go again.... :roll:
I am very safety driver!!!!!!!!!

"if you see team rowdy in anyone's sig, just don't even read the post. From my experience anything they've said to me was assholish and most of what i read is the same."
collink
OK Finally Past the Hazing

Post by collink »

quazar311 wrote:
collink wrote:I guess the fact that I want to do something more unique isn't a good enough argument?
how is it unique?

it's been done before...
I said "more unique". More unique than a M42 TI...
Last edited by collink on Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jsquared
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by jsquared »

Just do what you want, mang. Dont listen to these newbs.
siccccckkkkkkkk
charlie
Eet Bacon

Post by charlie »

there's no such thing as "more unique"
[html]<object data="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" style="outline:none;" width="512" height="44" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"><param value="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" name="movie"/><param value="always" name="AllowScriptAccess"/><param value="opaque" name="wmode"/><param value="noscale" name="scale"/><param value="tl" name="salign"/></object><BR>
[/html]K-TO-THE-MOTHERFUCKIN-OI! OI! OI!
P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Post by P.Haire »

charlie, you kill me dude. awesome.
please believe
bradt
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by bradt »

+1 for the E36. You won't look back.
Personae non Gratae.
kalifornia087
Rock Smoke

Post by kalifornia087 »

Ya man, you may think that it's being unique, but really, you would be way better off for drifting if you just put that thing back together and sell it to get a factory M3. The ///M that I drifted for like a year and a half was pretty tossed together and it ripped.
go fast or die
Cankles
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Cankles »

youll spend more trying to swap the car then if you had just bought a m3. trust me im doing a na to turbo swap and still havent finished it yet because of wiring and thats something that came factory.
Generz
Eet Bacon

Post by Generz »

XP
collink

Post by collink »

Pulled the head tonight. Head gasket was completely fine. Obviously, I couldn't check compression with the head off, but cupping my hand over the cylinders produced both vacuum and pressure (not that I'm suggesting that this is a means of gauging compression...just noting that the rings seem to be doing their job still). There were also no chips in either the pistons or the valves that I could see. At this point, I have no idea what's wrong with it. My only guess is a bent valve...

Any suggestions?
Last edited by collink on Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cankles
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Cankles »

oh shush eugene lol. im sending over to someone to get it done finally. if it dosent work, just dumping the engine and getting a 1j
mikespeed95
Get Some

Post by mikespeed95 »

"hey why did you rear end GRENADE like a mike peters ls1?"
"because its a 318, im unique!"

"why did xxx break and you cant use e36 parts, you have an e36??"

"why is silly stuff breaking in your drivetrain/chassis"

"you spent how much and why?!"

wanna be unique/cool? get past the skill level of working on a bmw without torx sockets (HF doesnt count, craftsman isnt much better) and do something actually different. build a z3 with a 2j.

ooooooooooooooooooooor

do something cool and unique to drifting, order a euro m3. prolly cost the same as the mix match youll end up with, and youll save a lotta time. the time is money (t=m) equation is always true so just do that.

not trying to be mean but this thread could easily go down facepalm avenue, and thats just no fun at all.
FooSchnickens
Rock Smoke

Post by FooSchnickens »

Where's that helmet...

Ah, here it is.

f00tography
In our minds. In our reality. In our world we are QUEEN DUCHESS TEAPOT HABERDASHERY!! RULER OF ALL!! PARTY OF ONE!!!
fooschnicks: totally oawesome
fooschnicks: whatever that means
gregthore: oaseome
gregthore: without me it's just oaweso
gregthore: Eugene has a meagan muff
Generz
Eet Bacon

Post by Generz »

collink wrote:Pulled the head tonight. Head gasket was completely fine. Obviously, I couldn't check compression with the head off, but cupping my hand over the cylinders produced both vacuum and pressure (not that I'm suggesting that this is a means of gauging compression...just noting that the rings seem to be doing their job still). There were also no chips in either the pistons or the valves that I could see. At this point, I have no idea what's wrong with it. My only guess is a bent valve...

Any suggestions?
5 psi will suck your hand in... so that's not a measure.

You said you had oil/coolant mix.. figure out what caused that FOERST. Take a closer look at the headgasket.. any nicks/chips can cause a headgasket failure.

You can look to see if you have a bent valve. Was your timing off before you took the head off?

Did you over-rev the motor?
collink

Post by collink »

quazar311 wrote:5 psi will suck your hand in... so that's not a measure.
Only reason I mentioned this is because the mechanic at the BMW shop I sent it to said one of my cylinders had literally ZERO compression.
quazar311 wrote:You said you had oil/coolant mix.. figure out what caused that FOERST. Take a closer look at the headgasket.. any nicks/chips can cause a headgasket failure.
After doing some more research, I'm not so sure it was oil/cooland mixed. It was like a really dark green color, and it smelled TERRIBLE, but there was no coolant in the oil last night, and I never saw like creamy, latte looking substance like I've seen in so many instances in my research online. Does it still sound like an oil/coolant mixture?
quazar311 wrote:You can look to see if you have a bent valve. Was your timing off before you took the head off?
Upper timing chain was on time when I pulled it. Haven't pulled the lower timing cover to check that it's on time.
quazar311 wrote:Did you over-rev the motor?
It hasn't been over-revved since I've owned it, no. I can't speak for previous owners. I mean someone put a Dinan TB on it, so it's probably that someone beat on it at some point.