Page 1 of 4

JGTC / D1GP - December 18-19th 2004: California Speedway

Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:54 pm
by andysapp
Image

Rawk, fxxxcking RAWK!

With only 30 days and counting... it's time to get things organized and planned for this year's most anticipated motorsports weekend! December 18-19th @ California Speedway in Fontana, California: JGTC will run on the 18th, and D1 Japan vs. D1 USA is on the 19th.

Weekend passes for the event are on sale for $50 (Both events!) HERE!

I will see what I can do about accuiring media passes for both events. I would venture to say that due to the size and stature of the event, I won't be able to get many... probably two. I would also assume there will be strict strict licensing issues regarding whatever media is taken (mainly... video).

This event WILL sell out for sure, so by planning now, we can assure we don't get left outside the gate listening (although... that would be effing badass too!).

I know Hooman and I are going... I know Mike is as well. I remember Chris Aaron had expressed interest as well. Who else is going? Let's get the ball rolling. The sooner we all make our reservations (airline/hotel), the cheaper it will be.

OMFG, I can't wait. It's going to be radder than rad!
:D

More info available at: http://www.jgtcusa.net

Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:59 pm
by CodyW
i really want to go but i need to figure out exactly how much this will cost and if i can afford it or not.

Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:03 am
by andysapp
I hear ya... just a wild guess on my part, but say $50 for the weekend pass, $300 for the round trip flight (shot in the dark), $300 for the hotel split at least three ways, and $200 for a rental car (also split at least three ways)... you'd be looking around $500-530 just to cover the trip expense. Food, beverage, souvenirs, etc. would push you over that. If more people go, the cost would drop. I was only splitting the costs three ways, because I'm sure there are at least three of us going out there.

Hooman is looking into the airline costs. I'll let you know what we come up with! I hope you can make it, man... I can see you going picture crazy out there!

Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:10 am
by CodyW
damn...that's a lot of money, but it would be a freaking amazing opportunity. if there's anyway i can do it without going completely broke, i'm definately down though.

Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:01 am
by Rhoad Racing
wow.....that's a hefty price tag! But I'm sure it would be worth it. So we can break this down between two or three more people, I would love to go. But as it stands, $500 is way outside my budget.
*i need a new job*

Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:19 pm
by andysapp
I checked last night on flight info, and Northwest Airlines has round-trip tickets for $249. I have some frequent flyer mileage with Delta I'm looking into using. I don't know if I have enough, though.

There are 24 days until the event. We'll find the best plane fare 21 days in advance... so the deadline for good deals is closing in! AHHHHH!

On a positve note - it looks like I can get media passes for all of us, which will waive the $50 entry for the weekend! I'm still working on it - so don't quote me on that just yet!

Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:37 pm
by CodyW
ooh, that would be good :)

Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:23 pm
by Rhoad Racing
right on! that sounds much better!

Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:05 pm
by darkducati
I'm still very interested. But I need a timeline. When are we planning on departing? Returning? I am going to have a hard time parting with the cash, but the GReddy exhaust will have to wait. I am not positive I can go yet but it looks good right now. And props to the wife for letting me waste so much money! LOL My wife rocks!

Posted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:42 am
by CodyW
i'm pretty sure the plan is to leave that friday (dec 17) and return the monday after the even (dec 20). i'm not sure about anything else right now (hotel, car rental, etc) but mr andysapp can probably fill us in with all of that info fairly soon.

Posted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:11 am
by andysapp
darkducati wrote:I'm still very interested. But I need a timeline. When are we planning on departing? Returning? I am going to have a hard time parting with the cash, but the GReddy exhaust will have to wait. I am not positive I can go yet but it looks good right now. And props to the wife for letting me waste so much money! LOL My wife rocks!
Rawk, Chris! That would be way waaaay rad! Your wife does rock!
It's going to be an awesome weekend!

Posted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:14 am
by andysapp
I just made my plane reservation a moment ago:

Northwest Airlines Flight #817 - December 17th:
--
Depart from Atlanta: 1:15pm
Arrive in Memphis: 1:45pm

Depart from Memphis: 2:45pm
Arrive at LAX: 4:48pm

My return flight is as follows:

Northwest Airlines Flight #302 - Monday, December 20th:
--
Depart from LAX: 6:50am
Arrive in Minneapolis/St. Paul: 12:24pm

Depart from Minneapolis/St. Paul: 1:17pm
Arrive in Atlanta: 4:45pm

The round-trip ticket cost $220 with $52 in taxes, totaling $272. Not as bad as I originally thought! I bought the ticket directly from http://www.nwa.com (Northwest Airlines... not Nuccas With Attitudes), so I didn't have to pay any booking fees or anything. I had checked on Orbitz, Travelocity, etc... and they had the same price listed before tax and booking fees - so snagging the reservation from Northwest is definitely the way to go!

Posted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:51 am
by CodyW
alright, i went ahead and bought mine this morning as well. i also got our seats next to each other for the MEM-LAX and MSP-ATL flights so we can make fun of russians and stuff like that.

i'm freaking excited, this trip is gonna rock!!!

Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:23 am
by darkducati
I'm in! Buying my ticket today.

Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:36 am
by CodyW
awewsome! mike got his last night too so we'll be rollin' deep!