Conrads 240 build ( lots of pics right away )

Post any and all car-related pictures here.

Moderators: charlie, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

AndrewC
Fresh Meat

Re: Conrads 240 build ( lots of pics right away )

Post by AndrewC »

badass build! wish i had time to do tubs in the near future.
froggi
kOOpA
Rock Smoke

Post by kOOpA »

this shit better be runnin soon! tooooo many events goin on!
P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Post by P.Haire »

tubs seems like a waste of time for such boring wheels and ride height. looks like you are trying for some zilvia cool points with all of these random parts.
please believe
Zach
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Zach »

P.Haire wrote:tubs seems like a waste of time for such boring wheels and ride height. looks like you are trying for some zilvia cool points with all of these random parts.
oh snap!
conrad_s13.5
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by conrad_s13.5 »

P.Haire wrote:tubs seems like a waste of time for such boring wheels and ride height. looks like you are trying for some zilvia cool points with all of these random parts.
lol...oh boy.

I was rubbin already with my 17x9's up front, and I plan to run the same 17x10 +12's that I have in the rear, all around this year.
exhaust is the only thing that kept me at that ride height, but thats gettin fixed too
:D
.....so flame on i guess.
:slayer2:
(OΞO/- -\OΞO)
cONtRol FReAkS <--- CLicK it!
P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Post by P.Haire »

keep on justifying and buying random parts. the new hotness for this season is powered by max rear subframe risers. i think the late season trend will be helmet hooks.
IF you really wanna go bold this season. you can buy knock off instant gentleman from chaser and all the powered by max stuff and be one of the FOERST lux drift cars in the country.

17x10s on the front of an s13 is stupid. UNLESSSSSSSSSSS you're doing it purely because YOU enjoy the style of those 5zigen wheels. it would be cheaper to buy some of the new xxrs though.
please believe
conrad_s13.5
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by conrad_s13.5 »

aint really justifying,. just letting you in on my thought process so you at least know i have thought these things out...lol
got most my shit for function not for 'ballerstretchedslammedgroupbuy' bullshit. (s.tance subframe bushing btw)
...same for random part (?) ive thought out everything thing ive got so far man, so,.. whats u mean?

..and yeah i do like the 5zigens to basically sum that up. I'd rub bad with anything more then a 225 tho, and understeer would catch up to me,. so,...it'd be nice to fit a bigger tire, and get some more grip this year.

fill me in on your knowledge, or what your thinking or where i steered ya wrong,...lol
im down to get school'd
(OΞO/- -\OΞO)
Hert
Clam Salesman

Post by Hert »

Out of curiousity.....what were the wheels rubbing on? Aside from the wiring harness?

Not bashing or flaming. But that ride height plus tubs is overkill unless you planned on running a HUGE tire up front....Are you Road Racing or Drifting?

I didn't start rubbing till I lowered my front another inch, im on 17x9 +0(after spacers) with a 215/45 up front.
Picture for reference, I only just started rubbing the fender, so I'm gonna roll it some more and if that doesn't work then i'll just throw my 20mm overs on. http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs608.snc ... 6502_n.jpg
conrad_s13.5
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by conrad_s13.5 »

no biggy man!
dnt let the pic sum up my set up for ya,...lol

thats after bringing coils up a bit to comp for the rubbing and new exhaust. Did all that so i can go low again,..shit, maybe lower.
i would hit the brake line bracket one way, and part of the stock tubs another. Im happy with the turn out, you say overkill, I say free space....lol

wanna get alot more grip up front then last season, so if thats a 10 with a 235 + im happy
(OΞO/- -\OΞO)
ChadMK4
Purple Drank

Post by ChadMK4 »

Patrick, quit hating on people because they're building something that you want.

Hert
Clam Salesman

Post by Hert »

conrad_s13.5 wrote:no biggy man!
dnt let the pic sum up my set up for ya,...lol

thats after bringing coils up a bit to comp for the rubbing and new exhaust. Did all that so i can go low again,..shit, maybe lower.
i would hit the brake line bracket one way, and part of the stock tubs another. Im happy with the turn out, you say overkill, I say free space....lol

wanna get alot more grip up front then last season, so if thats a 10 with a 235 + im happy
Haha more power to you man. I planned on tubing so I can run bigger wheels at lower, but I think im gonna settle with a hammer, spacers and overfenders. If I was capable of building tubs myself, i'd probably do it.
conrad_s13.5
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by conrad_s13.5 »

yeah,.. i had a bad case of the " shit, while here, I might as well's " this winter!....lol
(OΞO/- -\OΞO)
n2hifi
Fresh Meat

Post by n2hifi »

conrad_s13.5 wrote:yeah,.. i had a bad case of the " shit, while here, I might as well's " this winter!....lol
i feel you conrad ... only reason why i didnt do tubs was main because im never going to be baller enough to run 10"+ in the front ... and if by chance i ever do ill just go overfenders like i want to

love the car, now we just need to get hem running
Zigerus
Clam Salesman

Post by Zigerus »

How did you fix your fuel leak issue btw?
Control Freaks!~ http://www.cfdrift.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Throttle fixes everything. Love is kissing your rear bumper into a snowbank at 40 mph and not leaving a scratch. If hookers carried active differentials in their purses and knew how to use 'em, I wouldn't be married. Left-foot braking fixes everything the throttle doesn't fix, including impotence and poor self-esteem. Banging off a rev limiter while looking out a car's side window and slamming into a steering stop will cure cancer. If the car isn't moving around under power, you are a small, testicle-free squirrel. The handbrake fixes everything left-foot braking doesn't fix, including philosophical issues with most major religions and the heartbreakingly impossible question of what you should have for dinner*.
P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Post by P.Haire »

235 millimeters = 9.2519685 inches so you don't really need a 10 inch wide wheel. then again you say you are doing it because you like the style which i can support.

HOWEVER, it does sound like you are going for the "BALLERSTRETCHEDSLAMMED" cause you keep talking about lowering your car and you are going to be stretching a 235 on a 10.

"subframe bushings" are counterproductive because it raises the chassis off of the subframe. tubs usually don't give you more room where the wheels actually rub. for example most aggressive alignments for an s chassis will have you hitting the firewall before you hit the wheel tub.

i personally would never run anything bigger than a 225 on the front of an s13 because of how out of place a bigger tire looks on normal fenders. i would never put s15 fenders on an s13. maybe you can get away with running a bigger tire with s15 fenders.

your gauges are in a bad place.

ALL OF THESE THINGS WILL BE FORGOTTEN THE MOMENT YOU POST PICS OF YOU ACTUALLY DRIFTING.
please believe