iPhone4

General automotive discussion. If you can read and write... this is the place.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, andysapp, CodyW

ChadMK4
Purple Drank

iPhone4

Post by ChadMK4 »

Ok, i know a couple of people got the new 4. Gimme some feed back. How is it?

I want one BAAAADDDDDDD!!!!
Treefish
Purple Drank

Re: iPhone4

Post by Treefish »

I personally think its awesome.

I upgraded from just the 3G, which was finally falling apart after two and a half years. Speedwise, it's a less of a jump from the 3Gs because that phone was almost as fast as this one, but coming from a regular 3G, it's great.

- Feels more solid. Having glass on the front and back has given it a little extra weight which feels nice. Also the silver trim (also the antenna) around the side is nice.

- The silent mode button and all the buttons on the side and top are sturdier and have a better feel.

- Screen res is gorgeous. Super crisp and fluid.

- Upgraded camera is really nice, as is the LED flash, takes really nice pictures and processes them fast too.

- Built in speaker is louder and clearer.

- Used the Facetime thing with Lieze and Andy. Video over the wi-fi was really nice and apparently the recording they made with it was good too. Lieze says it takes pretty nice video too.

I think that's primarily it for the phone specific stuff. I may be leaving out some. But the operating system advancements are the same as a 3Gs, with the multi-tasking and whatnot.

All in all, it looks, feels, and performs like a quality bit of kit.
jsquared
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by jsquared »

I messed with my friends yesterday and would like to echo Alex's post. Everything he said is spot on, plus the overall dimensions are a little smaller (especially the width, its noticeably more ipod-like).

It also has some good additions in the new firmware but those also may be included for regular 3G/S also. Ability to set backgrounds on your home screen, auto-complete in google, etc. My friend said he had a few issues with one of his docking devices (I think one that is connected to his surround sound) but two others he has worked fine and charged/played music.
siccccckkkkkkkk
charlie
Eet Bacon

Post by charlie »

Tmob has earned my allegiance with their customer service over the years and I love Android to death but the fact that I'm still (relatively) in the smart phone stoneage has me strongly considering jumping ship. Not to mention I think I'm the only one in this whole fucking building that wasn't parading around showing one off yesterday.

iPhone 4 is sexy.
[html]<object data="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" style="outline:none;" width="512" height="44" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"><param value="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" name="movie"/><param value="always" name="AllowScriptAccess"/><param value="opaque" name="wmode"/><param value="noscale" name="scale"/><param value="tl" name="salign"/></object><BR>
[/html]K-TO-THE-MOTHERFUCKIN-OI! OI! OI!
ChadMK4
Purple Drank

Post by ChadMK4 »

Yea I don't want to be a fanboi but I need a new phone and it would be nice to have a newer iPhone with more storage. My current has only 8G and I think at least 16G would be plenty. 32G would be baller but 16G would be fine.

Plus, the new iPhone gives me wood.
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

I kinda wish I didn't get my 3GS in Jan., stuck waiting til next June for my upgrade :( (unless I pay an extra $200).
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Although I am a big Apple fan, I don't feel like I'm fast to jump on the fanboy b-wagon. I will say this though - I am loving this thing. I wouldn't even have got one if Lieze didn't convince me otherwise. I wasn't really excited about it... more like 'cool... a new phone' until I turned it on - then I was like WHOOOOOOOOAAAAH.
ChadMK4
Purple Drank

Post by ChadMK4 »

I've already called the store to see what time they open on Tuesday so I can be there to get mine FOERST thing in the morning.
HATERDAN
Purple Drank

Post by HATERDAN »

ChadMK4 wrote:BAAAA

ugh the iphone
-dan
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Don't hate.
<3
FooSchnickens
Rock Smoke

Post by FooSchnickens »

Got to fiddle with one last night and it is pretty slick. It's nice seeing apple finally add features to IOS that people have been begging for for years (that come standard on 'droid :P) and the overall design feels both new and familiar at the same time. Watched a few minutes of Ninja Assassin on it and fell in love with the screen. If it weren't for at&t having a chokehold on iphone sales I'd consider getting one, and there's no chance I'll switch from t-mo any time soon after seeing how shitty my roommate's service is around here, and how much more his bill is than mine.
f00tography
In our minds. In our reality. In our world we are QUEEN DUCHESS TEAPOT HABERDASHERY!! RULER OF ALL!! PARTY OF ONE!!!
fooschnicks: totally oawesome
fooschnicks: whatever that means
gregthore: oaseome
gregthore: without me it's just oaweso
gregthore: Eugene has a meagan muff
ChadMK4
Purple Drank

Post by ChadMK4 »

charlie
Eet Bacon

Post by charlie »

chad you don't have a blackberry by chance, do you?
[html]<object data="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" style="outline:none;" width="512" height="44" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"><param value="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" name="movie"/><param value="always" name="AllowScriptAccess"/><param value="opaque" name="wmode"/><param value="noscale" name="scale"/><param value="tl" name="salign"/></object><BR>
[/html]K-TO-THE-MOTHERFUCKIN-OI! OI! OI!
FooSchnickens
Rock Smoke

Post by FooSchnickens »

Wow, I just read about the antenna debacle. Seriously, who designs an antenna that goes on the outside where a hefty percentage of users are going to hold it?

f00tography
In our minds. In our reality. In our world we are QUEEN DUCHESS TEAPOT HABERDASHERY!! RULER OF ALL!! PARTY OF ONE!!!
fooschnicks: totally oawesome
fooschnicks: whatever that means
gregthore: oaseome
gregthore: without me it's just oaweso
gregthore: Eugene has a meagan muff
ChadMK4
Purple Drank

Post by ChadMK4 »

charlie wrote:chad you don't have a blackberry by chance, do you?
I had a pearl when they came out years ago for a short while and then went back to the MDA for the functionality of it.