HIN/NOPI $3000 GYMKHANA & OPEN SESSION DRIFTING AT

Competing in an event? Do you enjoy meat? Let everyone know about it here!

Moderators: charlie, andysapp, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

down_shift
Muscle Milk

Re: HIN/NOPI $3000 GYMKHANA & OPEN SESSION DRIFTING AT

Post by down_shift »

now this is a thread.
::::: understeer is definitely a crime - Colin McRae
Cankles
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Cankles »

fuck carrots. thats right you heard me. fuck em
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

mikespeed95 wrote:This is seriously about as shady as when I found out Batlground was paid per driver for the 2006 demos, and didn't share any of that with the drivers they were paid to bring.
Let me tell you how this infuriates the fuck out of me. I spent a lot of money out of my own pocket to do those demos.

Let me also tell you what I am totally fed up with: Drifting and all of it's fairy-tale hustler motherfucking shady piece of shit fucks ruining the ever-living-hell out of the thing in life I love the most - DRIFTING.
mikespeed95
Get Some

Post by mikespeed95 »

Sorry for bringing it up, this just really literally blew my mind.

That guy in the video asking where the money goes and watching Mark be absolutely frozen and dumbfounded just sums it all up, and in conjunction with the convo with Aaron at my shop last night just made my head explode, all over the keyboard.

But yes, shady people like NOPI, and the BS associated with them, and the crap Batlground pulled, was gay. I've really been frustrated with all that kinda crap lately , especially since I'm now sharing a shop with Derrick, and I have to see what Ameen/Amir at 786 are doing to him, and the crap they have pulled with the whole Houston community, and I just get fed up with it after a while.
HATERDAN
Purple Drank

Post by HATERDAN »

i agree with something mike wrote

/world

as for tony that makes me sad dude the whole point here was to let everyone know that other people are getting screwed and to stop letting them do that by making the events fail. you are doing exactly what the people up here did

"well it's cheap track time i can't pass it up"

yes it is cheap but to what end? we really should stick together and be like "hey every year they fuck someone over I'm gonna skip this event and go somewhere else" I don't know about you but if I showed up won and then they were like "hey that 3 grand you were supposed to win we forgot it" and they packed up and left you wouldn't be like "oh its cool I had some fun track time and even if 3000 bucks is owed to me I don't care because I enjoyed my time with them."
-dan
PmartyX
Purple Drank

Post by PmartyX »

I registered as well. And the $3000 became $1000 yesterday. They must not have lots of registrants.

http://hinnopi.com/index.php?vn=GYM01" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am very safety driver!!!!!!!!!

"if you see team rowdy in anyone's sig, just don't even read the post. From my experience anything they've said to me was assholish and most of what i read is the same."
charlie
Eet Bacon

Post by charlie »

Does anyone know a lawyer that would be into it? Seems like class-action to me. There's no way this is legal.
[html]<object data="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" style="outline:none;" width="512" height="44" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"><param value="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" name="movie"/><param value="always" name="AllowScriptAccess"/><param value="opaque" name="wmode"/><param value="noscale" name="scale"/><param value="tl" name="salign"/></object><BR>
[/html]K-TO-THE-MOTHERFUCKIN-OI! OI! OI!
mikespeed95
Get Some

Post by mikespeed95 »

HATERDAN wrote: yes it is cheap but to what end? we really should stick together and be like "hey every year they fuck someone over I'm gonna skip this event and go somewhere else" I don't know about you but if I showed up won and then they were like "hey that 3 grand you were supposed to win we forgot it" and they packed up and left you wouldn't be like "oh its cool I had some fun track time and even if 3000 bucks is owed to me I don't care because I enjoyed my time with them."

I made several posts like this aimed at D1 a couple places, if people stop supporting shady events/shops they will eventually run out of money and die.
Cankles
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Cankles »

or if we just ran them outta town like they did in the old west........ you know a few of us have alot of experience as cowboys and stage coaches....... just sayin
eVox
Fresh Meat

Post by eVox »

anyone know how many were at the previous gymkhana?
Rotus Sevren
P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Post by P.Haire »

knoxville bro down is tomorrow if you dudes wanna bounce on that lame ass shit and come bro down.

slumber party with blevins. all the dragon you can handle.
please believe
HATERDAN
Purple Drank

Post by HATERDAN »

mikespeed95 wrote:
HATERDAN wrote: yes it is cheap but to what end? we really should stick together and be like "hey every year they fuck someone over I'm gonna skip this event and go somewhere else" I don't know about you but if I showed up won and then they were like "hey that 3 grand you were supposed to win we forgot it" and they packed up and left you wouldn't be like "oh its cool I had some fun track time and even if 3000 bucks is owed to me I don't care because I enjoyed my time with them."

I made several posts like this aimed at D1 a couple places, if people stop supporting shady events/shops they will eventually run out of money and die.

it doesn't work believe me. no honor among fellow drivers/event coordinators
-dan
bighuyner
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by bighuyner »

andysapp wrote:
mikespeed95 wrote:This is seriously about as shady as when I found out Batlground was paid per driver for the 2006 demos, and didn't share any of that with the drivers they were paid to bring.
Let me tell you how this infuriates the fuck out of me. I spent a lot of money out of my own pocket to do those demos.

Let me also tell you what I am totally fed up with: Drifting and all of it's fairy-tale hustler motherfucking shady piece of shit fucks ruining the ever-living-hell out of the thing in life I love the most - DRIFTING.
:evil: I can't believe they did that.
mikespeed95
Get Some

Post by mikespeed95 »

HATERDAN wrote:
mikespeed95 wrote:

it doesn't work believe me. no honor among fellow drivers/event coordinators
But hey, winning a Nopi event nobody was at is like 10000 "Pro drifter" XP on Facebook. People's ego's will keep nopi/d1 drivers lists full.
foilman
Not Really Past the Hazing

Post by foilman »

foilman wrote:Tell them to come to Atlanta and I will win their money, and I'll make sure I get it too.

P.S. Sorry for ruining drifting for the known universe.