Top Gear US

General automotive discussion. If you can read and write... this is the place.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, andysapp, CodyW

P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Re: Top Gear US

Post by P.Haire »

this show tries toooooooo hard and misses soooooooooooooooooooo bad.

the dudes seem more relaxed and this show already seems way better than the FOERST episode so hopefully it'll continue to get better. still dangerously cheesey.
please believe
boostbeef
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by boostbeef »

This episode was much better than the FOERST. Rut's piece on the Aston was pretty good.

Still think Tanner is the worst host.
-Jonathan-
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

Rut was rocking a Still Hood shirt in the 370Z section, haha. Thought this one was already improved too, excited to see the rest of the season pan out.
VRT nenders
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by VRT nenders »

so i saw it tonight and i'm not a fan.....even though it was funny when the dog pissed on the TG logo.
i can tell as the season progresses it looks like it could get better, but i cant stand how dry the personalities are coming from the hosts.
HATERDAN
Purple Drank

Post by HATERDAN »

It also annoys me that they do some like "signature" moves that each host does. like the slapping the times on the power lap board or having to say "across the line" at the finish. the more I watch it the more I realize its not the hosts that are ruining the show its how dumbed down they have to make it for stupid Americans that don't understand anything other than nascar. for example:
do they have to describe the course every time some one goes around it or every time the stig drives it? do they need a map like its a video game so people know where they are driving?

also adam ferrerararararara can't drive he shouldn't be a host.
-dan
jsquared
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by jsquared »

I am going to watch some of this tonight, havent seen either episode yet. I think Imma start with episode two, then watch the opener.
siccccckkkkkkkk
kOOpA
Rock Smoke

Post by kOOpA »

never saw the FOERST episode, the car segments in the second episode seemed pretty cool. the hosts weren't _too_ bad. strangely, i think tanner had more personality than adam ferrara. i think he feels out of place.. because he is. adam carolla would have been SO much better. i guess they thought they could replace him with another comedian named adam and it would be fine, lol.

tanner took some chances driving that evo down the ski slopes, so that was pretty sweet.
Treefish
Purple Drank

Post by Treefish »

Look at 40 seconds in, you might get deja vu, way more entertaining.

I think TGUSA would do much better if they just did more original stuff, like the blind drifting (which was them just spinning out everywhere), and the Aston Martin segment (which still was only ok). Their review was, the V8 one doesnt have enough power for mindless desert driving, so the V12 one is better coz it has more power.

I reflect Patrick's sentiments on this second episode. But still way to try-hard. They need better writers for sure. It comes off as really rednecky so far.

The dog pissing on the TG logo was hilarious.
Pittsy
Rock Smoke

Post by Pittsy »

I haven't seen last night's episode yet, but I caught the opener at Alex's over the weekend. I didn't hate it.
"Too poor for the DM RBO Elite, but they let me tag along anyway."
John Lennon wrote:I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me.
Greg
Muscle Milk

Post by Greg »

Ferrar has to go, the EVO portion was cool.
Bikes, Meat, Drama, Meat, Gossip, Meat, Metal, Meat, Buttsex, Meat, Family and some Drifting.
Zach
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Zach »

I thought the second episode was a bit better. I still think the writing is terrible. Visually it's pretty good, at times a bit over-done, but for the most part it's just lacking the banter that the original show has.
icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo

Post by icantdrift »

second show was better, but not great. i think the evo segment was the best because it was actually somewhat exciting. yeah it was a cookie cutter Top Gear race but I dig that about the original show. the blind guy segment was decent too. I think it would be great if they emulated the UK version more and just added some 'merican personality to it, but they may have missed the boat on that one.

Ferrara needs to go.... like.... bad. If Tanner can seem more outgoing and friendly and you can't even do a damn donut it's time to pack your bags.
kOOpA
Rock Smoke

Post by kOOpA »

icantdrift wrote:Ferrara needs to go.... like.... bad. If Tanner can seem more outgoing and friendly and you can't even do a damn donut it's time to pack your bags.
this is buzactly my thoughts put perfectly into words.
P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Post by P.Haire »

my thoughts:
ferrararar- needs to go, we all agree on that.

the evo segment was better than the astin segment because i don't give 2 craps about a car doing donuts in the desert. also they tried too hard to be critical of the car. that friggin v12 vanquish looks amazing and they hardly showed it.

the FOERST part of the evo race, when he was stuck behind the truck, screamed bad production. like wtf, if that was planned then it was stupid, if it wasn't planned then it was extremely stupid, i hope tanner gets beat up by a dude who drives a truck. the way they edited most of that segment made it seem really fake and stupid. special effects/stunts = good story telling/entertainment.

the blind dude was blind, you could tell by the glasses and the seeing eye dog and because they mentioned it every other sentence.

they had a prius driver on the show. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a) they didn't tell him to f*ck himself. b) you're supposed to interview car people, not british/german midgets who date really hot chicks for no reason.
please believe
Generz
Eet Bacon

Post by Generz »

Like I was saying.. I should replace someone as a host.