Top Gear US

General automotive discussion. If you can read and write... this is the place.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, andysapp, CodyW

shawn shawn
Hollasaurus Rex

Re: Top Gear US

Post by shawn shawn »

CodyW wrote:Just to put things in perspective...

http://www.streetfire.net/video/top-gea ... 380787.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Watch 5-10 minutes of that and see if you're as impressed with TGUK back then as you are now :).

Yeah I wanted to see that after watching TGUSA. Even early off the personalities and originality were there in TGUK FOERST episode. That's what makes me keep coming back to watch TGUK.
ImageImage

_team rowdy_
icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo

Post by icantdrift »

Ferrara is a comedian, yet not a very funny one (or a good actor). Tanner is just BLAND in front of a camera. If you've ever caught that Supercars Exposed show that he hosts on SPEED it's basically the same as he was on TG. Rut has the personality, but being along side the other two kinda kills it all for him.

I thought the helicopter deal wasn't bad, although the helicopter pilots were much more impressive than the viper. The lambo segment was just a snooze. And what's with the super shaky in-car cameras? Looks like it was filmed with a GoPro standard def camera with the suction cup not seated fully.

I'll give it a chance, but I'm a little disappoint at the FOERST episode.
Generz
Eet Bacon

Post by Generz »

Would everyone support me if I wanted to be a Top Gear USA host?

It's a far fetched dream.. but I think I'm crazy enough.
P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Post by P.Haire »

go for it dude. i kinda want to shoot a homebrew version and show them how much they suck. i'm thinking; showcase a car, we do the news, we try to decide what the best road trip car is, celebrity interview, cool wall, conclusion to the road trip challenge, done.

we just need a celebrity, an airstrip, half a dozen cameras, and a weekend to road trip it from atl to somewhere in east tn so we can do mountain driving and such and such. who's with me?
please believe
down_shift
Muscle Milk

Post by down_shift »

thats a good plan.
::::: understeer is definitely a crime - Colin McRae
Generz
Eet Bacon

Post by Generz »

lol. i haven't the FOERST clue how to try to get on the show as a host. hmmmm.
Pittsy
Rock Smoke

Post by Pittsy »

P.Haire wrote:go for it dude. i kinda want to shoot a homebrew version and show them how much they suck. i'm thinking; showcase a car, we do the news, we try to decide what the best road trip car is, celebrity interview, cool wall, conclusion to the road trip challenge, done.

we just need a celebrity, an airstrip, half a dozen cameras, and a weekend to road trip it from atl to somewhere in east tn so we can do mountain driving and such and such. who's with me?

In.
"Too poor for the DM RBO Elite, but they let me tag along anyway."
John Lennon wrote:I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me.
boostbeef
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by boostbeef »

who owns a minivan? lol
-Jonathan-
Zach
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Zach »

I'm watching it right now. It's actually been decent so far. I'll definitely watch again, but I can see where most of the comlaints are coming from. It's also the very FOERST episode of the series. I'll maintain faith that they will only get better.

edit: ok Ferrara just started reviewing the gallardo and he just sounds bored in such an exciting car....
Lightning
OK Finally Past the Hazing

Post by Lightning »

I thought Adam Corolla was supposed to be the comedian that was going to be one of the hosts??
unhinged......no, not really.
Pittsy
Rock Smoke

Post by Pittsy »

Zach wrote: edit: ok Ferrara just started reviewing the gallardo and he just sounds bored in such an exciting car....

Lamborghini hasn't made an exciting car since the 80's. (& even then, it might have only appeared that way because I was a kid.)
"Too poor for the DM RBO Elite, but they let me tag along anyway."
John Lennon wrote:I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me.
Zach
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Zach »

If you mean to tell me that you wouldn't get a total chub driving around a lovely screaming v12 supercar worth a quarter of a million dollars down a runway at a ball flattening flat out clip you're crazy...
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Lightning wrote:I thought Adam Corolla was supposed to be the comedian that was going to be one of the hosts??
I want to say they announded Ferrera in April... but I'm not sure.
I don't like Adam Corolla at allllll.
boostbeef
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by boostbeef »

Lightning wrote:I thought Adam Corolla was supposed to be the comedian that was going to be one of the hosts??
That was for the canceled version of top gear that NBC was going to do. They canned the show after the new knight rider show didn't do well... :?
-Jonathan-
Lightning
OK Finally Past the Hazing

Post by Lightning »

boostbeef wrote:
That was for the canceled version of top gear that NBC was going to do. They canned the show after the new knight rider show didn't do well... :?

Ah, I knew I read it somewhere. Only reason knight rider didnt do well is because Ford decided to use it as a season-long commercial. :stare:
unhinged......no, not really.