Future Mods... What do you have planned?

General automotive discussion. If you can read and write... this is the place.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, andysapp, CodyW

jo
Not Really Past the Hazing

Future Mods... What do you have planned?

Post by jo »

Since I'm getting busy with the online shopping today, I was just wondering if anyone else has some future plans in mind [maybe in the distant future...?]

I just bought my Tein Flex System! Can't wait til it gets here so we can hit up the 507 garage and get busy with them. I'm also ordering my rear strut tower bracing momentarily.

After that, I'm going to do my Exhaust since I can get a wholesale deal on the HKS CarbonTi, and then some adjustable sway bars. And then the EDFC control for the flex system.

When I hit the lotto, it's gonna be a set of ro_ja formula 7's in black or maybe some work wheels.

$$$$
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Sweeeet! Coilovers on the way?!? Niiice!

I'm torn between multiple suspension mods. I know that suspension is a crucial element in drifting, and I want to get set up properly to rock it. Unfortunately, not many people set up BMWs for drifting... so I'm slightly in the dark on where to go. I'm trying to take info from other people (with Japanese cars) and apply that knowledge to my car, and where to go with it.

I'd like a set of coilovers, but I've been reading that a good spring/strut setup can be just as effective in drifting (short-term only). I'd also like to get a set of UUC Sway Bars, but I've read that the wrong sway bars can do more harm than good (like eliminate nearly all body roll). I would kinda like to do a roll cage, but the daily comfort factor deter me from doing so.

I would also really like to do a brake upgrade... but I can almost guarantee that my next purchase will be suspension. I'm still doing a lot of research... so we'll just have to wait and see.

I'll keep you all posted!
OutDriveU
Ripe Meat

Post by OutDriveU »

get a beefy good adjustable sway bar. That way you can adjust it to whatever you want. Its amazing how much difference a good rear bar can make on a car. Also if you are gonna spend the $$$ get coilovers. People have tryed the shock spring setup but by the time you get revalved Konis and set springs you could have yourself some JIc's.

Just my .02
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

i just want a new car.
i'm about to go look at a swapped 95 S14 tonight though, and if i get it i'll be back in the modding game pretty soon. this particular one is already set up pretty well but i'd still add coilovers (tanabe, tein, or JIC), a bigger turbo (probably a garett GT2871R), a race manifold, and then do some appearance stuff (S15 front if i could afford it but a kouki from a 97-98 is more likely).

oh, and 507 will be glad to give your suspension a shot nobody :).
djdorifto
Clam Salesman

Post by djdorifto »

just frontend for now.
jo

Post by jo »

awww yeah 507 steez in the house....er garage!

Shane, I noticed your new favorite word is BEEFY. It's in all your posts lately. That worries me.

:P
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Man... I didn't even think about it when I posted earlier...
Two hours after my post I purchased my next mod:
TYRES!!!

OutDriveU
Ripe Meat

Post by OutDriveU »

good choice!!!
Them are some Beefy tyres
jo

Post by jo »

ok wtf is up with all the beefy!

**concerned more**
jo

Post by jo »

coilovers arrive on Friday! Too bad we're going to MIA and can't put them in this weekend. Any openings in the 507 garage the weekend after this one?:)
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

My next next purchase has been made as of yesterday at 1pm!
They were shipped yesterday at 4pm, and should be here Thursday!
DriftShowoff here we come!!!
charlie
Eet Bacon

Post by charlie »

After Dahlonega I have decided that I severely need sway bars as well. I'm going to start with the rear and see how it feels and then do the front (unless I can find a good combo deal.) I've decided to go with Perrin because they include upgraded mounts, not to mention they're black instead of LAVENDER like the Helices I was looking at. (Helix plural, I did that right, right?)

c
[html]<object data="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" style="outline:none;" width="512" height="44" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"><param value="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" name="movie"/><param value="always" name="AllowScriptAccess"/><param value="opaque" name="wmode"/><param value="noscale" name="scale"/><param value="tl" name="salign"/></object><BR>
[/html]K-TO-THE-MOTHERFUCKIN-OI! OI! OI!
OutDriveU
Ripe Meat

Post by OutDriveU »

I would seriously think about getting the whiteLine Adjustable bar with some KartBoy beefed up mounts. Its pretty sweet setup and made our WRX OVERSTEER on turn in. Well we did have other suspension mods done as well.
jo

Post by jo »

I'm holding off for some adjustable ones, although it may be another month or two before I can afford them because I just got this:

And the bracket/slider to go along wtih it.
charlie
Eet Bacon

Post by charlie »

Out of curiosity, why would the Whiteline setup be better than the Perrin? Both are adjustable and for a reasonable price ($185) the Perrin already comes with the "juan hung lo" mounts. I looked around and can't even seem to find the kartboy mounts. Do you think that the Perrin (22-24mm) would be too stiff for fast road and daily use? I think that the Whiteline advertises 20-24mm but I don't understand why because in the pictures the bar only has 3 adjustment positions. I want better cornering but I don't want to write off comfort, just yet.
[html]<object data="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" style="outline:none;" width="512" height="44" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"><param value="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" name="movie"/><param value="always" name="AllowScriptAccess"/><param value="opaque" name="wmode"/><param value="noscale" name="scale"/><param value="tl" name="salign"/></object><BR>
[/html]K-TO-THE-MOTHERFUCKIN-OI! OI! OI!