Well...I've done it now....

Post any and all car-related pictures here.

Moderators: charlie, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

Generz
Eet Bacon

Re: Well...I've done it now....

Post by Generz »

As much as I would love to plead my case on doing things the way that everyone else here is telling you to.. someone else is going to come in here and say.. 'Do what you want.. fuck what the other people say and do your own thing.'

All I got to say is that we're talking about the easiest way to get you drifting with the rest of us... why?

Because we want you to drift with the rest of us instead of standing on the sidelines..

That's all I have to say about this.. do whatever you want.
jsquared
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by jsquared »

HATERDAN wrote: stop being an asshole.
lol
siccccckkkkkkkk
Lightning
OK Finally Past the Hazing

Post by Lightning »

thanks guys (even you too Dan)

with everything that's been happening in my personal life lately, this car has been my only stress relief from it, that's partly why I bought a shell...the other part is that I was too hasty.

I'm just wanting to do it my way, with the 8 (albeit a low-powered one, I'm not looking for LSx territory, I'll be happy with a 200~hp 318). It's why I'm not in as big of a rush as I was before. I've got a daily (even though it sucks gas like a v8 does), so it's also why I'm not in a rush on that front either.

I've already got this thing registered and insured, because my apartment complex requires it in order for it to be in the lot. (and FL law says that I can't drive it without a plate, unlike GA)
unhinged......no, not really.
Generz
Eet Bacon

Post by Generz »

Your Legend should be pretty decent on gas mileage if it's in tune and not worn out.
Lightning

Post by Lightning »

Generz wrote:Your Legend should be pretty decent on gas mileage if it's in tune and not worn out.

15-20mpg. I'm replacing the radiator tomorrow. I'm gonna do a tuneup too....and replace a couple switches.

it's got over 170k miles, so...it's pretty worn out.
Generz
Eet Bacon

Post by Generz »

all local?

what's your tire pressure like?

air filter/plugs/fuel filter/o2 sensors.. the car is coilpack i believe.

my dad got 19 city commute in LA with his Legend.. he has a Jetta TDI now though. 36 city.
Lightning

Post by Lightning »

Generz wrote:all local?

what's your tire pressure like?

air filter/plugs/fuel filter/o2 sensors.. the car is coilpack i believe.

my dad got 19 city commute in LA with his Legend.. he has a Jetta TDI now though. 36 city.

all local, a combination of city/highway and about 40% of it is stop-n-go.

Air filter is new, checking the plugs tomarrow as well as the others. (and you're correct, it's coilpack)

EDIT: just pulled off the passenger door handle....looks like my hunch was right, it's broke in exactly the same spot. Tomarrow some JB Weld-type-stuff happens.
kalifornia087
Rock Smoke

Post by kalifornia087 »

Damn I keep forgetting that you are in Tampa!! Sorry bud!
I still think that overall you would be happier cleaning up the GXL, but it's always just my opinion. To be honest, v8s are cool but you would have more fun with a 140hp n/a rotary than with a 200hp 318 v8.
I wish you good luck in building this thing either way!! Just let me know if the tides turn and you can find time to go to GA and trailer the other car home :wink:
go fast or die
jsquared
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by jsquared »

kalifornia087 wrote: To be honest, v8s are cool but you would have more fun with a 140hp n/a rotary than with a 200hp 318
siccccckkkkkkkk
HATERDAN
Purple Drank

Post by HATERDAN »

318 v8 = 500 pounds for a long block

13b = 213 pounds

so 60 more hp cost 287 pounds on the front end?

fuck you suck.
-dan
Lightning

Post by Lightning »

HATERDAN wrote:318 v8 = 500 pounds for a long block

13b = 213 pounds

so 60 more hp cost 287 pounds on the front end?

fuck you suck.

i'm not doing it for the weight, it's something I know how to work on.
P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Post by P.Haire »

That makes even less sense.
please believe
Lightning

Post by Lightning »

P.Haire wrote:That makes even less sense.

probably, I'm doing this for me though. Isn't that what it's supposed to be all about, is doing it for yourself?

EDIT: I understand my stubbornness might tick some of ya'll off. I'm just gonna do it this way though.

Also, I'm gonna keep track of how much I've spent on this thing on here.

so far:

car: $300
wipers & JB Weld: $19.45

Total so far (not counting registering the car, or the cost to rent the truck & trailer): $319.45
Last edited by Lightning on Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Post by P.Haire »

That kinda logic parallels jumping off a bridge because you're doing it for yourself. I'm more worried about reliable power levels, overall cost, transmission options, parts availability.
Power wise I would like to be around 300hp 280tq. I want a transmission I can clutch kick without worrying and i never want to be under the hood at events. That's just me though.
please believe
Lightning

Post by Lightning »

P.Haire wrote:That kinda logic parallels jumping off a bridge because you're doing it for yourself. I'm more worried about reliable power levels, overall cost, transmission options, parts availability.
Power wise I would like to be around 300hp 280tq. I want a transmission I can clutch kick without worrying and i never want to be under the hood at events. That's just me though.

The transmission problem I've got taken care of, I still have the 4-speed I was going to use on the Fury. It's strong enough to handle the abuse it'll get subjected to, especially since it's getting put in a car that's about 750lbs lighter than from the factory than the Satellite it was in originally.

I'm working on the rest of that, it's why I'm looking at going with a (essentially) a stock 273 or 318, which are anywhere from 180hp-250hp/200tq-275tq. I know they weigh about 300-350lbs more than the rotary that it had in it, but the balance will only get shifted to either 51/49 or 52/48, going by what the guys with iron-block 350's have weighed theirs in at. (and the small block Mopars weigh about 15-20lbs less than the Chevys) I've got the engine mount problem figured out, the tranny mount is what I'm thinking over right now.