Well...I've done it now....

Post any and all car-related pictures here.

Moderators: charlie, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

Lightning
OK Finally Past the Hazing

Re: Well...I've done it now....

Post by Lightning »

kalifornia087 wrote:To clarify, the car I know about for $300 is not turnkey and go. It needs tires, to be cleaned out, a clutch, tune up etc. But ya it's basically super easy to get going.

Good luck selling that thing Tony. Let me know when you need directions.

well, it should be sold by the end of today actually.

So does the other one need anything else besides tuneup stuff, tires, and the clutch? I'm looking to head up there on the 12th.
unhinged......no, not really.
Lightning

Post by Lightning »

ok, I got the 12th off (2nd Saturday in March). I might fly up there that Friday night or that Saturday morning to work on the car and head home Sunday. If I cover gas, could somebody pick me up from the airport?

EDIT: I'm starting to have second thoughts about the whole thing Guys. I'm not meaning to be flaky, but I just have this huge gut feeling that the car would die on the way back to Tampa. I know you wouldnt screw me over Austin, it's just a gut feeling about the car itself though.

I'm still selling mine regardless though, it's supposed to get sold on Sunday.
kalifornia087
Rock Smoke

Post by kalifornia087 »

Lightning wrote:
kalifornia087 wrote:To clarify, the car I know about for $300 is not turnkey and go. It needs tires, to be cleaned out, a clutch, tune up etc. But ya it's basically super easy to get going.
What I mean by this is that it Needs To Be Towed. I'm sorry that I was not clearer. You should still sell that shell if you have a buyer and can get you're money back. I have NEVER paid 400 for an rx7 that didn't have a motor and transmission in it. (well I did this one time, BUT it was an S5 and the coilovers on it were worth the 400 bucks). Sell that shell, and buy an FC that is more complete. Whether or not it's the one in GA or not.

To elaborate on that GXL I know about
-Tires
-Tune up / all fluids changed etc etc
-Bleed at minimum as far as brakes go
-Clutch install **There is a brand new clutch in the sitting in the hatch. But you have to account for the fact that the flywheel needs resurfacing!
-It *MIGHT need a transmission. I think I have one n/a transmission left sitting in Jefferson, and I would give it to whoever bought this car.

In any case this car is complete and could be running quickly, and *most likely* for verrry little money invested. Plus it's already 5 lug, big brakes, lsd etc etc.

But ya find one in FL or something that shell is just way too basic for the money.
go fast or die
HATERDAN
Purple Drank

Post by HATERDAN »

Lightning wrote:ok, I got the 12th off (2nd Saturday in March). I might fly up there that Friday night or that Saturday morning to work on the car and head home Sunday. If I cover gas, could somebody pick me up from the airport?

EDIT: I'm starting to have second thoughts about the whole thing Guys. I'm not meaning to be flaky, but I just have this huge gut feeling that the car would die on the way back to Tampa. I know you wouldnt screw me over Austin, it's just a gut feeling about the car itself though.

I'm still selling mine regardless though, it's supposed to get sold on Sunday.

you need to save like 6 grand and buy a running finished car then. I don't care about the "i wanna do my own work" or whatever that's for people that have the time, space, and ability to build a car. which you do not have. I bought a built corolla for 3500 bucks so far all i've done is put a seat wheels and steering wheel in it. and I don't really wanna do much more to it.

guess what? its got like 10 events under its belt already and like 40 people drove it.
-dan
PmartyX
Purple Drank

Post by PmartyX »

Or get a SR S13 for like $2500. There's a bunch out there.
I am very safety driver!!!!!!!!!

"if you see team rowdy in anyone's sig, just don't even read the post. From my experience anything they've said to me was assholish and most of what i read is the same."
Chubby Chaser
Fresh Meat

Post by Chubby Chaser »

Agreed. My roommate spent WAY to much money on useless parts because he wants a coupe that's "his own" and is "done right" (RB, MAX suspension, widebody, etc....). He also ruined perfectly good brand new parts by trying to install them himself with no knowledge on how to properly. In the mean time he's getting zero seat time. His excuse, "Stop hating. You're the reason they made the Keep Drifting Fun stickers". WTF?!

I probably overpaid for my Chaser, but it didn't NEED anything and I've learned a lot by making more events. The only thing I've put on it is a clutch because the twin plate went out; radiator because the stock one was cracked; knuckles because who doesn't love more angle; stiffer used coilovers I got for cheap off eBay; spark plugs, cheap intake, and a boost controller. Unfortunately, I bought the farm on my roll cage because you can't trust (most) shops in the St. Louis area and I was too trusting/naive.
Lightning

Post by Lightning »

I'm probably just gonna save my money for now, which is what I should've been doing all along. Well, they call them life lessions for a reason.
PmartyX
Purple Drank

Post by PmartyX »

Life lessons? You've been trying to do something since 2003, you've known what you needed to do.

savesavesavesavesave and buy a running car.
I am very safety driver!!!!!!!!!

"if you see team rowdy in anyone's sig, just don't even read the post. From my experience anything they've said to me was assholish and most of what i read is the same."