Page 1 of 1

The Mitty

Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:03 pm
by Pittsy
Image




http://www.roadatlanta.com/event_detail ... Token.id=3



My daughter is kind of excited to go to this. Think Caro & I are gunna be making it a bit of a "family day". Not sure yet which day we'll be there.

Any of you guys planning on going?

Re: The Mitty

Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:39 pm
by FooSchnickens
I'm probably gonna sit this year out.

If you've never gone before definitely do it. So many cool cars both on and off track. Entirely different crowd from FD.

Re: The Mitty

Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:44 pm
by andysapp
I want to go every year, and every year I am tied up that weekend. If I'm not, I'd love to go.

Re: The Mitty

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:55 am
by jsquared
I just saw a commercial for this, never seen a commercial for any events at RA. Whats it like, a lot of different races/classes scheduled throughout the day and a car show and vendors and stuff?

Whats that fancy word they use for a car show when the cars are actually classy and worth money? Like thoroughfare or tarmac or something like that.

Re: The Mitty

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:01 am
by P.Haire
concourse?

Re: The Mitty

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:44 am
by down_shift
P.Haire wrote:concourse?
yes, that shit
Image

Re: The Mitty

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:04 am
by jsquared
Hahaha yes, that shit.

Re: The Mitty

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:15 pm
by icantdrift
jsquared wrote:I just saw a commercial for this, never seen a commercial for any events at RA. Whats it like, a lot of different races/classes scheduled throughout the day and a car show and vendors and stuff?

Whats that fancy word they use for a car show when the cars are actually classy and worth money? Like thoroughfare or tarmac or something like that.

Less car show, more badass cars that most people would only think of showing out on the track.

Re: The Mitty

Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:13 pm
by kalifornia087
The last time I went to the mitty a couple years ago, I found myself in a line with some rotary buddies and I got to take 2 or 3 "parade" laps on RA in an FC I had at the time. It was stock but still had a kick ass time because I'd never seen RA from the actual track!!

Re: The Mitty

Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:06 pm
by ChadMK4
Well, it looks like I'll be working there for the weekend. Don't know if we're going to be down by the track or if we're gonna be in our building. But maybe if I can break away for a few I can get over and look at some of the awesome cars!

Re: The Mitty

Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:46 pm
by andysapp
Definitely not going to make it again this year. This HUGE project I have been on at work is due the 2nd. This is going to be an insane-o week into the weekend to get it all done.

Re: The Mitty

Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:43 pm
by struka
i think i may go to this.....

Re: The Mitty

Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:37 am
by Pittsy
I'm going to be taking the kid on Sunday, in case anyone wants to meet up. Gimme a call.

Re: The Mitty

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:14 pm
by foilman
I'm going up Saturday, maybe Sunday too.