I'm done with the Moped thing.

Post any and all car-related pictures here.

Moderators: charlie, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

ChadMK4
Purple Drank

I'm done with the Moped thing.

Post by ChadMK4 »

If you didn't see it on FB I wrecked the moped yesterday evening. I was trying to swap out the jets to find the right one to use so I could get the best performance for what I've got. I went out for a quick ride up to the Save Rite up by my house. I turned around in the parking lot and started back down the hill. I got up to about 40ish when the moped lurched forward and I heard one of the tires lock up for a split second. My FOERST thought was that the motor was trying to lockup. So I immediately let off the gas hit the brakes. As soon as I did that the one of the wheels locked up again and I went down. Like an idiot I was wearing shorts, t-shirt and my vibrams. I was wearing a helmet though. I elbow and leg surfed for about 7 yards or so. When I stopped I noticed that my leg was still under the moped and the rear wheel was still spinning and the moped was still running. I guess I hit the kill switch because I don't remember it running anymore after that.

I called Kathy to come pick me up. And while I was waiting on her to show up I checked myself out and the moped. The moped apparently locked on the front wheel. So something happened with the brakes. When Kathy got there we were able to load the moped in the truck by lifting the front end and letting the rear end roll as we walked it to the truck. When we got home we unloaded the moped and dragged it into the garage.

I took a shower to wash the blood off and to get the rocks out of the gashes in my arm. I think I'd rather have that wreck two or three more times before ever having to deal with that shower again! Damn that was painful! I had to use a toothbrush to get the dirt and rocks out of the deeper gashes. We used Solorcaine on my leg and Hydrogen Peroxide on my arm. OUCH!! Hydrogen Peroxide wasn't suppose to burn I thought?! Triple Antibiotic and some serious bandages and it was time for dinner and a movie.

I don't know the extent of the damage to the moped but I'll try to get down to the garage later and take a couple of pictures. I need to take the front wheel off to see why the damn thing locked up too. But I'll be selling it on Craigslist as soon as I see the extent of the damage and if it's an easy fix or not. If anyone else wants it, I'm selling it as is for pretty damn cheap. If it's fine and I can fix the brake thing I'll probably be asking something like $250. And that will come with every moped related part I have because I won't have any use for that stuff anymore.

I thought the sign in the background was pretty funny.

After the shower and Hydrogen Peroxide. Damn I need to go for some teeth whitening treatments.
struka
Slippery When Westicles

Re: I'm done with the Moped thing.

Post by struka »

daing dude...glad you're ok minus the deep scratches. I remember when I wrecked my pocket bike and had marks all over my body like that. showering HURTS SOOOO BAD.

keep an eye on it the wounds!
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

HOLY FUCK DUDE!

Glad you are okay... and by that I mean not hurt worse. That shit looks painful!
How did your brakes lock up on the front? Fkn scary shit, dude.
Abactus
Rock Smoke

Post by Abactus »

my arm looked similar a few days ago but not that bad

get well ;)
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Also... hydrogen peroxide DEFINITELY burns when the wound is at all deep. That shit suckkkks.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Depending on the damage, Chad... I may buy it off you. I've been looking to pick one up, but I can't get o'er to Fred's because I work during the week.
Treefish
Purple Drank

Post by Treefish »

andysapp wrote:Depending on the damage, Chad... I may buy it off you. I've been looking to pick one up, but I can't get o'er to Fred's because I work during the week.
Mark said he could just grab the keys and open it up on Saturday for you Andy.
FooSchnickens
Rock Smoke

Post by FooSchnickens »

Damn dude, glad to see you're still up and moving around.
f00tography
In our minds. In our reality. In our world we are QUEEN DUCHESS TEAPOT HABERDASHERY!! RULER OF ALL!! PARTY OF ONE!!!
fooschnicks: totally oawesome
fooschnicks: whatever that means
gregthore: oaseome
gregthore: without me it's just oaweso
gregthore: Eugene has a meagan muff
down_shift
Muscle Milk

Post by down_shift »

um yea fuk that.
::::: understeer is definitely a crime - Colin McRae
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

That sucks so bad, glad you're mostly alright though!

Be careful out there bros, this is why I wear my silly padded and armored jacket and get laughed at on my moped.
ChadMK4
Purple Drank

Post by ChadMK4 »

Andy, I think the bike is ok from what I could tell but I still haven't gone down there to see what the issue is with the front brakes. I just sat around the house yesterday and played xbox and tried not to move very much. I'll grab some shots of it when I get back from the Dr. And I'll pull the front wheel off and see whats up with the brakes. I really have no idea what could have happened to make it lock up unless a bearing just completely crapped out.

We had to replace the bandages yesterday with new ones which meant re-cleaning the leg and arm and applying hydrogen peroxide and triple antibiotic again. At least this time it wasn't as bad. I still punched the counter top and almost broke a tooth gritting down. I've got a Dr appointment today at 1:30 because my arm is still bleeding and leaking through our bandages and wraps. Kathy thinks I may need some stitches on the hole that's still leaking. I've got to get a shower before going and I know it's going to fucking hurt!
Generz
Eet Bacon

Post by Generz »

chad.. what jet did you have in the bike when you went down? are you running the 15.15 on it?

just trying to figure what caused it.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Foke, dude... yeah if you are still bleeding really bad you need to get it looked at. Also, as far as I know, you're only supposed to use hydrogen peroxide once or twice after the initial incident to clean it out. After that it actually eats away at healing tissue. Marlow might be able to confirm/deny this. Neosporin/Triple antibiotic the LIVING SHIT out of it. I'm talking SLATHER it up until it heals. That stuff works miracles. I was in a really bad bike accident as a child, and took half my face off with the side of a curb - but I don't have a scar anywhere because of Neosporin.

As long as the fork didn't get bent (I'm more concerned about where the fork mounts to the frame itself... not the actual fork), I'll buy it off you.
Hert
Clam Salesman

Post by Hert »

Glad you're alright buddy.
charlie
Eet Bacon

Post by charlie »

sorry to hear about the spill, buddy. i'll be thinkin bout'cha.
[html]<object data="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" style="outline:none;" width="512" height="44" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"><param value="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" name="movie"/><param value="always" name="AllowScriptAccess"/><param value="opaque" name="wmode"/><param value="noscale" name="scale"/><param value="tl" name="salign"/></object><BR>
[/html]K-TO-THE-MOTHERFUCKIN-OI! OI! OI!