For Tyler.

General automotive discussion. If you can read and write... this is the place.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, andysapp, CodyW

andysapp
I need to go outside

Re: For Tyler.

Post by andysapp »

struka wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:19 pm
Generz wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:12 pm Y'all remember when T used to mispell Donk all the time.. so DriftDonk was always DriftDink?
When dM autocorrect was ahead of its time before iOS autocorrect
We knew thingz. One of the thingzz we'z knewzzz... izzzzz...
rcoffel
Fresh Meat

Post by rcoffel »

Found an SD card from circa April 2019 at a TR private day at Midpond.
DSC_2429.JPG
DSC_2429.JPG (12.75 MiB) Viewed 3543 times
DSC_2955.JPG
DSC_2955.JPG (13.69 MiB) Viewed 3543 times
DSC_2308.JPG
DSC_2308.JPG (12.68 MiB) Viewed 3543 times
CubanMike
Get Some

Post by CubanMike »

andysapp wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:37 pm
CodyW wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:40 pm Man am I glad to see this back up. I saw the news yesterday and I'm still in shock, was actually thinking how it would be great to have this back to share old stories and pics and such. I've been digging through my old web server all morning and didn't really have any plan with what to do with what I find but I'll keep sharing as I come across some good ones.

Miss all you dudes and gonna miss Tyler like crazy. Def need to get the old crew back together in person sooner than later for some hugs.
CODYYYYYYYY!!!! I know I just talked to you on the phone... but THANK YOU thank you again for posting these photos. They are everything!!
See you soon, buddy.
Cody nailed it with the pics. He posted the exact one I was looking for from the Cali trip. Of the many awesome memories with Tyler, this one is definitely at the top of the list. There are so many with him throughout the years that I or anyone wouldn't be able to pick just one. Hanging with the group or spending time one on one with him was always special. We all had our own connection with him in one way or another. Tyler will be missed by all.

Love you Tyler. Rest easy brother.
Grease Munkey Drift & Speed
GreaseMunkeyFC@yahoo.com
kalifornia087
Rock Smoke

Post by kalifornia087 »

I selfishly cut a post down so I could tell a story -

FOERST of all, god damn I was a child in the second photo :shock:
Second, I think about both of these cars from time to time in regards to the old days. The silver car got crashed during a private day at Turner field. We had an insanely fast layout that started at the bottom of the lot, charging full speed uphill and tossing it in waaaaay up at the top. Looking back, I'm confident in saying this was the fastest course layout that was ever run at turner field. We were all starting to feel good and run tandems when Tyler took the lead for a lap and charged full tilt boogie up the hill. I was following directly behind him, but as soon as we entered I could tell he was a little late on the toss and absolutely hauling all of the ass. I watched helplessly as Tyler washed out into the outside dust and headed uphill at what felt like 80mph. I took a front row seat as he wadded up into a light pole while still carrying a shitload of speed. Everyone was panicked, it was a hard hit, worst crash I'd seen at Turner field. EVERYONE rushed over to help, and thankfully Tyler was still in fair shape, in fact when it was all said and done he walked away. The whole gang took a long lunch break and then changed the course layout for the second half of the day. Shortly after the event, Tyler made it clear that he planned on rebuilding the car. I had asked around and it turned out an old friend of mine recently dismantled his coupe and sold the shell to another close mutual friend of ours. It had a cool history with my local group and ended up being a great candidate to reshell the freshly crashed silver coupe into. Tyler bought the car, and it's the same coupe that is at Koruworks right now. At the time, he worked his way back into in the saddle and kept on shredding. He made it clear that he wasn't giving this shit up over one bad crash! This is when I FOERST really found out that Tyler had a strong spirit and it stuck with me from there on out. Me and my buddy who owned the car back in the day have been living together for the past couple years and we talk about the fun times had ripping that car through town as kids. Thinking of driving it as both a bone stock automatic KA car, and then a flat black, slammed out straight pipe SR coupe, just mobbing through flowery branch fast as fuck, getting stopped at dui checkpoints and having the cops chopping up to us about how they heard us coming for 5 miles away etc... but always letting us slide through because we weren't drunk, just dumb kids out having fun way too late at night in small town Flowery Branch. I love reminiscing on how the car survived those days, yet after it looked like it was all over for that chassis, I still got to watch up close and personal as it received the most awesome glow up and has gone on to live in so many amazing forms in the hands of an incredible artist. It's been a good trip to see the photos and think about those times :heartbeat:

andysapp wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:52 pm I am still in the process of digging through some stuff... but I found this in the meantime!!
charlie wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:56 pm AND SO IT WAS WRITTEN.
revel wrote:post inspired by generz;

Last edited by kalifornia087 on Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
go fast or die
DJones
Not Really Past the Hazing

Post by DJones »

Have you ever been so overwhelmed by something that you just want to sit back and process it all before you say or post anything? That's where I am.

I absolutely love all the pictures and kind words that everyone is sharing about Tyler. As soon as I begin to think about posting a picture or a post on social media I fall into a void of space and time. Hours slip away as I start looking at all the pictures or remembering some of the amazing shit that he and I did. My head is spinning. I feel so fucked up. Today was better than yesterday and I know tomorrow will be better than today. Just got to keep pushing forward.

Love you dudes!!
foilman
Not Really Past the Hazing

Post by foilman »

Tyler was such an authentic, gracious and humble person. Despite building a fleet of show quality cars, with genuine parts, did not back down from throwing them in harms way on the track. Even after things went wrong- always rebuilding, improving, persevering, and yet never boasting or throwing it in peoples face. Inspiring creative vision and great friendship for all that knew him. His impact on TR/DM can't be overstated and the broader drifting community feels it too. Struka mentioned the parties at his house... those were some of my favorite times as well. Mad respect. Wish we could share the track just one more time, or even just a post-event food run.
Tyler.png
Tyler.png (4.01 MiB) Viewed 3518 times
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

rcoffel wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:05 pm Found an SD card from circa April 2019 at a TR private day at Midpond.
Man these RULE!!! That Cressida was so dick!!! I love seeing it all covered in mud getting proper thrashed!!!!
Thank you for these!!!
TMooney
Fresh Meat

Post by TMooney »

I remember the FOERST time meeting Tyler.. it was at the big Type S meet at Koru before FD ATL last year. I had told a coworker that I was going and he then proceeded to tell me I’m going on a “scavenger hunt” for some of his stickers around the shop. I only found one, the only one I knew where it was/what it was on. He then told me “well.. go find Tyler and find the rest of them! I know there is more than just that one!”. I ended up finding Tyler eventually. Told him what I was doing. Man looked at me like I was crazy and like I had a giant dick growing out of my forehead up until the point I told him I was looking for the Foerst Motorwerks stickers because Matt told me to find them. Tyler instantly lit up and walked me around the shop looking for Matt’s stickers trying to find any and all of them as he shared amazing stories and memories of the past! I’ll never forget that night and how genuine he was! Calling him “amazing” is an understatement… I don’t think there is one single word on this planet that can describe him to the fullest…
Attachments
IMG_8647.jpeg
IMG_8647.jpeg (2.35 MiB) Viewed 3507 times
IMG_8646.jpeg
IMG_8646.jpeg (3.65 MiB) Viewed 3507 times
IMG_8642.jpeg
IMG_8642.jpeg (2.48 MiB) Viewed 3507 times
IMG_8643.jpeg
IMG_8643.jpeg (1.1 MiB) Viewed 3507 times
struka
Slippery When Westicles

Post by struka »

andysapp wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:23 am
rcoffel wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:05 pm Found an SD card from circa April 2019 at a TR private day at Midpond.
Man these RULE!!! That Cressida was so dick!!! I love seeing it all covered in mud getting proper thrashed!!!!
Thank you for these!!!
Funny thing about the Cressida... Tyler texts me asking me if I had any extra e30 skirts laying around because he thought they might fit the Cressida after doing a bunch of research. I just got rid of the e30 and told him that e30 skirts are a bit expensive so instead you can mod Taurus skirts to fit and make them look exactly like e30 (if not better). I had a pair of Taurus skirts and one day when I had to be at a work conference in ATL, I drove by the shop and threw them over the fence. LOL. The skirts that are on the Cressida are my old Taurus Pull-A-Part skirts that were meant to be for my e30.
dangerdan
Fresh Meat

Post by dangerdan »

Foerst of all I really enjoyed reading through these stories and photos. Y’all are amazing! This brought back a flood of memories from the best years of my life to date!

Story time

A bunch of goons dressed like they are some secret society on a yacht playing in a croquet tournament to decide who gets to rule the world all end up at Nashville Super speedway. The day started with many hugs, high fives and a drivers meeting. Mismatched panels and underpowered cars all line up to grid for one of the best drift events of all time. I know myself personally wanted to be FOERST on track so I got straight to it hitting lap after lap with some of my best friends. After many hours of beating the hell out of my car I decided to take a break and watch my friends rip a bit. One car stood out to me more than the rest. An S13 with every panel a different color and wheels wider than the Rio Grande. I knew Tyler was in the process of rebuilding this car and this was the FOERST time I could see his vision. It would forever change my perspective of style knowing that this car would indeed be perfect! It also sounded super sweet and with the heavy foot he had it was singing! I knew I had to ride with him before the day was done. I ran over to grid and hopped into his passenger seat anxiously waiting to feel the power of this thing! He smiled because he was feeling it, you know the feeling when you’re on a heater. We blasted down the straight into the foerst long sweeper at what felt like Mach Jesus to me, flying through the closing radius lefter he mashes it to the floor and we reached the next right before my brain could comprehend and I’m just giddy inside waiting for more! We ran wide all the way track out to another snappy transition on full noise but to our surprise the massive deep dish wheels gripped up and shot us straight across track like a spaceship from Elon Mustard and we flew off track to a place I didn’t even know existed at that track! Falling down this hill way deeper than I thought we were laughing hysterically as I was yelling “stay in it!” As to not get stuck in this deep grassy knoll. We blasted back on track in tears from laughing so hard! Such a great moment and still one of the best ride alongside I’ve ever been in.

Damn I love you all! I would’ve never been able to live out some of my dreams if it wasn’t for you guys and Tyler! Gonna miss his laughter, hugs and inspiration. Every single conversation whether in person or online left me feeling motivated and happy like he truly believed in me! He definitely left his mark in my heart. I will never forget that!
struka
Slippery When Westicles

Post by struka »

dangerdan wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:43 am Story time
That event was the absolute best. Leading up to it, we all had fun creating the Gossip Girl flyers.
K-groove
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by K-groove »

I might have more of his music on a hard drive somewhere.
https://soundcloud.com/revel-1
Generz
Eet Bacon

Post by Generz »

struka wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:22 am
andysapp wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:23 am
Thank you for these!!!
Funny thing about the Cressida... Tyler texts me asking me if I had any extra e30 skirts laying around because he thought they might fit the Cressida after doing a bunch of research. I just got rid of the e30 and told him that e30 skirts are a bit expensive so instead you can mod Taurus skirts to fit and make them look exactly like e30 (if not better). I had a pair of Taurus skirts and one day when I had to be at a work conference in ATL, I drove by the shop and threw them over the fence. LOL. The skirts that are on the Cressida are my old Taurus Pull-A-Part skirts that were meant to be for my e30.
Dude...I got a set of Taurus sideskirts in my garage that me and him got a Pull-A-Part for my 2002.

Our dumbasses would go out for lunch from the shop and end up looking at the cars inventory at PAP and end up hitting up PAPs around Atlanta to pull shit from Ford Taurus'es... cooling fans from the V6 big block cars and sideskirts. LOL
struka
Slippery When Westicles

Post by struka »

Generz wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:27 am Dude...I got a set of Taurus sideskirts in my garage that me and him got a Pull-A-Part for my 2002.
I got mad respect for that Taurus era. Gave us lots of treasures. Crazy thing, they are never at PAP anymore
marcos
Clam Salesman

Post by marcos »

Love you brother :heartbeat: Will be missed and forever in our hearts. :cry2: Rest in Peace.
Attachments
0FB44C64-2313-4969-B570-D63EF5166063.jpeg
0FB44C64-2313-4969-B570-D63EF5166063.jpeg (176.79 KiB) Viewed 3450 times