For Tyler.

General automotive discussion. If you can read and write... this is the place.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, andysapp, CodyW

struka
Slippery When Westicles

Re: For Tyler.

Post by struka »

Or the time we went to Chicago for D1 event. Drifting was fun to watch but the best time was exploring Chicago with Charlie and tagging EVERYTHING with stickers. I remember Tyler was in his element. Absolutely fearless about placing stickers anywhere he felt. The more unique, the better. Is he the one that placed it on the cop car? In the last picture, you can see his smirk. It was at the corner pub we went (barely remember cause Early Times hit hard). He was just super happy with his tagging accomplishments.
revel wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:02 am pics courtesy the pandacam:

marcos
Clam Salesman

Post by marcos »

That’s awesome. You guys must have had a blast for sure.
Dr. Marlow
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Dr. Marlow »

Another story I just thought of was once we were at NSS. His car broke (it was during that like a year and half when he was always breaking at events) so he just started riding with me all day in the s13. I was so close to finally getting the whole of turn one. Maybe only like once before this. He jumps in and I blast off. When I hit 4th gear I hear him giggle. THEN I NAILED IT. We both started freaking out as soon as I hit the downshift to 2nd in turn 2. All the way to the chicane when I tried a full throttle transition and spun out. We were slapping at each other and just laughing so freaking hard. Somewhere it is on video from inside the car and I spent all day looking for it. I cannot find it. I think Tyler posted it somewhere and it was off his camera. Anybody have any clue?
It was one of the times where I really felt accomplished as a driver. He was SO STOKED for me. Watching Sammy, Dennis, Tony, and everyone blast NSS1 was always the most badass shit to me. I was finally there after pushing so hard for so many years. I always had a weird stupid feeling that I was never cool enough to be on dM or other things in my life. Thanks to all of you for making me realize that I am actually cool as shit. :heartbeat:
You've got the wrong answer
struka
Slippery When Westicles

Post by struka »

Dr. Marlow wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:12 pm Another story I just thought of was once we were at NSS. His car broke (it was during that like a year and half when he was always breaking at events) so he just started riding with me all day in the s13. I was so close to finally getting the whole of turn one. Maybe only like once before this. He jumps in and I blast off. When I hit 4th gear I hear him giggle. THEN I NAILED IT. We both started freaking out as soon as I hit the downshift to 2nd in turn 2. All the way to the chicane when I tried a full throttle transition and spun out. We were slapping at each other and just laughing so freaking hard. Somewhere it is on video from inside the car and I spent all day looking for it. I cannot find it. I think Tyler posted it somewhere and it was off his camera. Anybody have any clue?
It was one of the times where I really felt accomplished as a driver. He was SO STOKED for me. Watching Sammy, Dennis, Tony, and everyone blast NSS1 was always the most badass shit to me. I was finally there after pushing so hard for so many years. I always had a weird stupid feeling that I was never cool enough to be on dM or other things in my life. Thanks to all of you for making me realize that I am actually cool as shit. :heartbeat:
So what you're saying is Tyler made you feel like you made it as a driver and he made me feel like I became a DJ. :domo:
But for real, never think that you are not cool enough. Erase that from your thinking. If someone does not think you are "cool" enough then that is not the person or group for you.
Dr. Marlow
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Dr. Marlow »

struka wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:17 am
Dr. Marlow wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:12 pm Another story I just thought of was once we were at NSS. His car broke (it was during that like a year and half when he was always breaking at events) so he just started riding with me all day in the s13. I was so close to finally getting the whole of turn one. Maybe only like once before this. He jumps in and I blast off. When I hit 4th gear I hear him giggle. THEN I NAILED IT. We both started freaking out as soon as I hit the downshift to 2nd in turn 2. All the way to the chicane when I tried a full throttle transition and spun out. We were slapping at each other and just laughing so freaking hard. Somewhere it is on video from inside the car and I spent all day looking for it. I cannot find it. I think Tyler posted it somewhere and it was off his camera. Anybody have any clue?
So what you're saying is Tyler made you feel like you made it as a driver and he made me feel like I became a DJ. :domo:
But for real, never think that you are not cool enough. Erase that from your thinking. If someone does not think you are "cool" enough then that is not the person or group for you.
Oh it's definitely gone now
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

Found quite a few pics from back in the day this morning while searching some old hard drives, made a full Tyler folder below (I know some of these were taken by other people but somehow had them saved so figured they were worth adding).

Also discovered so much more vintage dM goodness I want to share at some point in the future, lot of good memories over the years.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
marcos
Clam Salesman

Post by marcos »

That’s so cool. Great photos. Thanks for digging.
SLYDSHW
Ripe Meat

Post by SLYDSHW »

Love all these great photos and memories. Thank you Andy for bringing the forum back and us all together again. Still got my ol S13. Still representing. Always and forever a DM. Yes I kept her just the same as she was back in the early 2000s. The white Supra too, untouched. Might have picked up a brown one in the later years. They are time capsules of some of the best times of my life with the some of the greatest people I've ever met. Tyler was one of them at the very beginning when we just kids with cool cars having a blast tinkering in the garage, driving around, trying not to hit curbs. I wish I'd been around more to see how he took our love for these cars and built it into something amazing taking everyone along for the ride and grabbing more and more along the way. It's also amazing how many people's lives he influenced in such a big and positive way. He left pieces of himself in every car he touched and person he met. He left a legacy and I'm so proud of him for who he was and who he became. He is truly missed and never forgotten. Rox has spoken.
Attachments
20230807_194241.jpg
20230807_194241.jpg (2.27 MiB) Viewed 3230 times
20211210_142026.jpg
20211210_142026.jpg (8.57 MiB) Viewed 3230 times
JustinS
Fresh Meat

Post by JustinS »

K-groove wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:41 am I might have more of his music on a hard drive somewhere.
https://soundcloud.com/revel-1
Man, thank you for posting this. I've been jamming out to his mixes. Didn't even know about them. :slayer:
Dr. Marlow
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Dr. Marlow »

CodyW wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:11 pm Found quite a few pics from back in the day this morning while searching some old hard drives, made a full Tyler folder below (I know some of these were taken by other people but somehow had them saved so figured they were worth adding).

Also discovered so much more vintage dM goodness I want to share at some point in the future, lot of good memories over the years.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Amazing <3
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

So good to see everyone on Saturday. Sorry for not being able to round up even more people but here's that quick pic we got before I had to leave. Gotta catch up again soon.
Attachments
R0000579.JPG
R0000579.JPG (9.33 MiB) Viewed 3174 times
foilman
Not Really Past the Hazing

Post by foilman »

So many beards!
struka
Slippery When Westicles

Post by struka »

Patrick said we need to PS him in there...
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Saturday was the toughest day I can remember. I'm super SUPER thankful for each and every one of you. I couldn't have made it through the day without y'all. There was so much love there... both at the service and at the shop. It was overwhelming, and I'm still trying to process it all.

I used to say this apologetically about how often I say it... and I'm done feeling apologetic about it. I love y'all so much. You all mean the world to me and I would do anything for you guys. The friendships we wound up with through this crazy, awesome, silly, and totally stupid motorsport is INFINITELY special. I am eternally grateful... I know we ALL are. Life is different now... and many of us don't see each other as much as we used to. But that is okay. What is important is that in a time of need... we all came together the way we did. That is so beautiful. Saturday was so beautiful.

That old adage "It's better to have love and lost than to never have loved at all" used to bother me... because for me, the pain of losing can feel so overwhelmingly intense that it made me feel unsure. But the love we all had for Tyler... and more importantly... the love he had for ALL OF US... was worth it. Tyler was worth it. We are worth it.

From the bottom of my heart... thank you. Each and every one of you. For being there. For showing up.

Tyler was with us... smiling down from his Sweet Hut in the sky... loving every second of it.
struka
Slippery When Westicles

Post by struka »

andysapp wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:24 pm That old adage "It's better to have love and lost than to never have loved at all"
Going through something similar like this a year and a half ago made me realize many things and even reevaluate certain things within my life that I wanted to eliminate or even add. Losing someone special puts a mark on your soul. That mark never disappears but also doesn't become something that you get "used" to. The magic happens when instead of focusing on the negative, over time you start to think of the positive. I think about the person I lost all the time, even every day, just like I will think about Tyler. I think about the memories we shared, the stories we created, and even the stories/memories that I created without them but they were created BECAUSE of them. You know, the ones that you go out and do but you may not have done them before and say "This one is for you Tyler!". All of those things make me smile and bring joy to my heart because, without them, I wouldn't be the person that I am today. So yes, I am like you, I did not like the adage but once I truly processed the actual meaning I began to love it. Because yes, I would take the love I had for them any day for any minute just to share it instead of never sharing that amazing moment, even with the pain that comes after.

Andy, and others, we are here for you. Tyler and other loved ones are here for us too.
Tyler is smiling at us, but I think he was laughing at us when the rain came in because it was not just plain rain, it was rain with a storm and some flare. Lightning and power surges.... Thanks T, always with style. Couldn't be just plain ole rain.....