Page 1 of 2
Coilovers are in! Thanks for the help:)
Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:36 am
by jo
Well the Tein Flex went in pretty easy it seemed. Despite a tool run and a PF Chang's break, things were wrapped up within about 4 hours. I can't thank everyone enough for coming through with the help. Four sets of hands are definitely better than one. Sam, Barry, Mike, and Cody...you guys rock! Another great job done at 507
The ride is amazing. It's going to take some getting used to, but it really rocks. The nasty ripped up road at 14th St and Howell Mill sort of banged my teeth up a bit, but I need to play with my settings a bit and not haul ass through areas like that anymore.
I'm ready for the mountains! Let's go now:P
Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:23 am
by Drift_Supra
I know of a pretty good route around there to practice driving/drifting on late. I am at Tech, so I usu. hit that area often with the supra on late nites.
Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:36 am
by EVOsaiyanPrince
nobody if you ever want to be in WRC then bumpy roads with coilovers should be no ISSUE! Glad they went in easy, Andy said when you press down on the car there is no movement. Chingy!
Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:25 am
by jo
Yeah there is no give at all, really.... I've gotta go buy some mouthguards today lol.
Actually I clicked them down two settings and they are a bit better-- I may go a bit softer but I want to see how this works out FOERST:) You should come to northpoint tonight slacker!
Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:32 am
by EVOsaiyanPrince
Tonight is Superbike night at Little 5 so we'll see
Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:47 am
by jo
Drift_Supra wrote:I know of a pretty good route around there to practice driving/drifting on late. I am at Tech, so I usu. hit that area often with the supra on late nites.
You're at tech? What major are you? Both Sam and I go there-- Sam is undergrad and I'm a second year grad student. I haven't seen any supras on campus yet so you must park on the otherside of where I always am!
Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:07 am
by jo
Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:10 am
by OutDriveU
What alingment setting u using?
Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:57 pm
by andysapp
EVOsaiyanPrince wrote:Tonight is Superbike night at Little 5 so we'll see
ROFL... you say that every week, and never go down there.
TeeHee...

Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:59 pm
by andysapp
nobody wrote:Here's some photos of the install/aftermath. These suck because I'm a sucky photographer;P
And you are NOT a sucky photographer!

Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:20 pm
by EVOsaiyanPrince
I say that about Superbike night because if my lazy ass goes anywhere other than in front of my PS2 it will be Superbike FOERST, then to NP. It's about priorities with one wheel in the air!
Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:23 pm
by andysapp
Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:25 pm
by CodyW
looks awesome, glad everything went so smoothly.
thanks again for the PF Changs too, it was delicious

.
Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:37 pm
by jo
anytime:) Man everyone I show those photos with keeps saying:
"Hey your turbo fell out!"
Then when they hear it's being used as a wheel stop they bust up laughing.

Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:34 pm
by charlie
Pssst. Hey nobody... There's really no good reason to keep some dirty old suspension parts lyin around. You know you're not ever going to want to go back to stock. Think of how much quicker you'll get that HKS exhaust if you sold them to me...