Yay For new toys!!

General automotive discussion. If you can read and write... this is the place.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, andysapp, CodyW

Rhoad Racing
Salsa Rodeo

Yay For new toys!!

Post by Rhoad Racing »

After my clutch went to shit on me at SFS:2 this past weekend, I decided to bite the bullet and upgrade it. So I just ordered this beast from Top Hat Performance. It should do very well with the Top Hat KA-T crate motor that will be going in soon. :twisted:

Comp Clutch
Stage 3 : IronMan - Strip Series 1680 Clutch Kit
IronMan Strip Series 1680 Clutch Kit
The IronMan Strip series kit is designed for the intense street enthusiast. This hybrid material combines iron and carbon producing less fade with aggressive bite from take-off, along with extreme stability and less wear on opposing surfaces. This performance setup is rated to handle 150-200% increase in torque capacity.

The 1680 Kit includes a Competition Clutch performance pressure plate, a 6 pad IronMan high-torque sprung disc assembly, all applicable bearings, and the appropriate alignment tool.
turbofb
Clam Salesman

Post by turbofb »

Little over kill. Looks like a flywheel killer. Have fun in traffic w/ a 6puck clutch. Atleast its a sprung hub. ACT makes great full disc, w/ a heavy psi plate, w/ a nice psi plate it wont ever slip. I can dump the clutch at 8k in second gear and just blaze the tires.
Rhoad Racing
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Rhoad Racing »

true....it's going to be in a pain in the ass for street driving, however, my car isn't going to be a daily driver for too much longer. And I went with CompClutch b/c of the 20% discount I get through SEDA. Not to mention CompClutch is a sponsor of TopHat who is now sponsoring me.
turbofb
Clam Salesman

Post by turbofb »

Oh trixs. Thats cool, dude!
Rhoad Racing
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Rhoad Racing »

yea man. As of right now, me and Jay Cooper will be driving for TopHat in Formula D next sesson. 8)
SLYDSHW
Ripe Meat

Post by SLYDSHW »

I agree that ACT's pressure plate is what makes that clutch so good. I have a stage one that never slipped at 315hp. I could stand on it too. Its organic so its less likely to score my Toda flywheel. Im not sure what will happen when my car is done being broken in and tuned. The stage one may slip above 350, I will just have to see. I may have to start shopping around for another one. My friend has a spec stage one and I KNOW that pressure plate has less clamping force than my ACT. I will probabbly avoid spec.
Rhoad Racing
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Rhoad Racing »

SLYDSHW wrote:I agree that ACT's pressure plate is what makes that clutch so good. I have a stage one that never slipped at 315hp. I could stand on it too. Its organic so its less likely to score my Toda flywheel. Im not sure what will happen when my car is done being broken in and tuned. The stage one may slip above 350, I will just have to see. I may have to start shopping around for another one. My friend has a spec stage one and I KNOW that pressure plate has less clamping force than my ACT. I will probabbly avoid spec.
For what it's worth....SEDA members get 20% off Comp. Clutches.
SLYDSHW
Ripe Meat

Post by SLYDSHW »

I am a seda member. I paid my dues but never got a dam shirt tho...
Rhoad Racing
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Rhoad Racing »

SLYDSHW wrote:I am a seda member. I paid my dues but never got a dam shirt tho...
I know. A lot of people haven't gotten their shirts yet b/c we ran out. Well, actually, I've got a couple of mediums and smalls, but very few people can wear those.
I'll get you your Charter Member Sticker and SEDA stickers though. They should be cut by martymartymarty.net before Untouchable.
SLYDSHW
Ripe Meat

Post by SLYDSHW »

I can wear a medium. I know I wear a small batlground t-shirt.
Rhoad Racing
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Rhoad Racing »

ok...I'll save one for you and I'll give Jen a small
AadosX
Fresh Meat

Post by AadosX »

awesome man. i know you love it.

my car is stock power and will always be stock power. i have the 6 puck unsprung act clutch and love it to death.

i have no complaints, it doesn't bother me in traffic or anything... anymore than any other stock clutch. and it doesn't suck like a stock clutch lol. as long as you can drive/don't suck at life a puck isn't really any different in traffic etc... it's all in how you drive.
Rhoad Racing
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Rhoad Racing »

I totally agree man. I've gotten used to it now and it doesn't bother me in traffic at all anymore. I didn't care for this clutch at FOERST, but now I love it. It didn't slip once at Untouchable and I was clutching constantly.