Southern Fried Slide 3! July 23rd@Turner Field Atlanta, GA.

Competing in an event? Do you enjoy meat? Let everyone know about it here!

Moderators: charlie, andysapp, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

Generz
Eet Bacon

Southern Fried Slide 3! July 23rd@Turner Field Atlanta, GA.

Post by Generz »

EVENT IS FULL. CLOSED. NO MORE PRE-REG. NO GATE REG AVAILABLE. PLS K THX.
The last SFS was freakin' amazing. So many runs. Last minute slide til' you die. People coming up from Florida. Insane Mustangs. What the heck else can we do?

I don't know, but let's try it again anyway.

DGTrials is proud to present another return to Turner Field with Southern Fried Slide 3 - Mid Summer Cookout

Date: Saturday, July 23rd, 2005
Place: Turner Field – Blue Lot; Atlanta, Ga.
Time: Gates Open 7:00AM - ???
Registration/Tech: 7:00AM-8:30AM
Driver's Meeting: 8:45AM
Drifting: Meeting's end until ???

Spectators: $5 (insurance fees)

If you're late for tech, you won't drive.

Professional Formula-D drivers, Erik Jocobs and Tony Schulz, will also be available for driver instructing once again. Make sure you ask for them while on grid!

Hotel Information
Comfort Inn Downtown South
795 Pollard Boulevard
Atlanta, GA 30315
Phone: (404) 658-1610
Fax: (404) 221-1812
This is one of the closest hotels there. You can walk to the event from the hotel. Check with them for rates.

Volunteers
I am currently trying to figure out a Volunteer Special for you guys. Its probably going to entail participation in a future event at a discounted rate with a certain number of volunteer days worked. We will be providing our Volunteers with lunch. For those that are interested in volunteering.. please email Eugene.Chou@DGtrials.com.

Miscellaneous Stuff
It was quite difficult for us to negotiate and get Turner Field’s Blue Lot. Any goofing around, horseplay in the pit area, rolling burnouts on the track, and otherwise disrespectful behavior will NOT be tolerated and will result in expulsion from the facility with no refund. You guys were really really good boys and girls last time, so let's keep up the good work.

We will again have an APD police officer on duty at the track, and he will drop you with a taser like that guy on the crane. Then we'll take a picture of your electrically-induced spontaneous anal and kidney release soiled pants and post it on the internet next to the pic of your face in the squad car. So look out!

This event is NOT going to be a competition, rather an Open invitation to anyone wanting to get more seat time in a safe legal environment for drifting. The track will be easy enough for a stock 240sx to slide, but technical enough for the highly modified skilled driver to link (hint: combo) the entire thing. We are going to try and do a different course design this time. Look for less suicide bumps and more speed. We hope.

Tech Inspection Guidelines
a. Battery tie down -- you must have a strong battery tie down (preferably metal). Bungee cords are no good. Do not even bother getting in the tech line if your battery is not secured well. Battery boxes must be similarly secured.
b. Seat belts -- you must have a functional 3 (or more) point seat belt that is securely fastened.
c. Seat bolts -- make sure all your seat bolts are tight and present. You will not be able to drive with less than 4 bolts holding your seat to the chassis.
d. Lug Nuts / Studs -- you must have all lug nuts and studs per wheel. 3/4 or 4/5 lugs/studs fails tech. No exceptions.
e. Wheel bearings -- must not exhibit excessive play.
Do these rules sound familiar? Thats because the other guys are now all using it!

These are the basic tech requirements. Specific requirements are available at http://www.DGTrials.com/forms.php It is your responsibility to ensure that your vehicle passes tech, not ours. We will provide some assistance (read: very, very minimal), but the burden lies on you, the entrant.

STAY TUNED FOR MORE DETAILS AND SPONSOR INFORMATION.

Please direct any questions you have regarding the track, sponsorship, or the event in general to Eugene.Chou@Dgtrials.com or Dennis.Mertzanis@Dgtrials.com

Thank You,
Erik, Dennis, Eugene, Tony Schulz, and the other ATL DG Staff
http://www.dgtrials.com
Image[/b]
Last edited by Generz on Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:32 am, edited 4 times in total.
eightsixdrifter9
Fresh Meat

Post by eightsixdrifter9 »

I am sooo there. I live in Cumming, GA and have been to both Drift Atlanta Formula D events. I got my dad into the drifting scene with Round 1 Formula D 2004 and now he loves it. This is the day before my birthday so I will definately try to go and I think he'll love this too. Look forward to seeing a 5'9 15 year old in a white Kumho Tires / Team Enjuku shirt advertising the colored smoke tires w/ Matt V's signature with a 5'7 beer gutted dad in either a grey 1989 Pontiac Bonneville or goldish 2003 Ford Taurus.
I'm here for Southern Fried Slide
sande
Ripe Meat

Post by sande »

ah, too bad it's the same day as Falkens Drift Showoff in MD :(
eightsixdrifter9
Fresh Meat

Just told my dad about it and he sounds interested. Hell, he even said "too bad we don't have any RWD cars" haha. I told him to leave that to me because I'm going to be buying a FOERST car and my main interest happens to be RWD :D. See yall there! Bring your foam hands if you've got them!
Rhoad Racing
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Rhoad Racing »

Eugene....gotta link to a driver's list?
darkducati
Purple Drank

Post by darkducati »

Eugene, did you get my PM?
Beans and cornbread.
Generz
Eet Bacon

Post by Generz »

sorry for the hiatus guys... i'll be updating again.. along with the driver list.

blah.. trying to get a social life sucks. i'm going back to teh interweb!

oh yeah. pre-reg is open till the 18th.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

What are ya'lls plans for the morning? I talked to Erik, and I'd like to try and get there around 5am to help set up. I wouldn't imagine that everyone will want to do the same... but if so - it's always rad to roll in together.

Hollaaaa!!!
:D
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

I beleive this is the Ebisu South Circuit that will be emulated:
eightsixdrifter9
Fresh Meat

I've got work 3 - 7 tomorrow. I know the even starts well before 3 but I don't know if I can handle only seeing a little and missing the rest, it's like a really big tease. So I can't make it, but I'm making my friend who told me about it take TONS of pics. I hope yall do the same.
Generz
Eet Bacon

Post by Generz »

not quite gonna be ebisu.. but 200+hp cars should reach 3rd gear for entry for the FOERST turn. :)
Rhoad Racing
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Rhoad Racing »

quazar311 wrote:not quite gonna be ebisu.. but 200+hp cars should reach 3rd gear for entry for the FOERST turn. :)
stock KAs are so deprived :cry:

:wink:
Generz
Eet Bacon

Post by Generz »

Rhoad Racing wrote:
quazar311 wrote:not quite gonna be ebisu.. but 200+hp cars should reach 3rd gear for entry for the FOERST turn. :)
stock KAs are so deprived :cry:

:wink:
hehe.. i dunno chris.. you were kickin' it good today!

what a day.. woot. it was hotter than hell.. i'm still tryin to cool down. i passed out for about 3 hours afterwards.
darkducati
Purple Drank

Post by darkducati »

Thanks for putting it on man! You guys did a great job! I'm going to puta video together titled I sucked at Turner. LOL I think I need to downsize from 245s to 225s and stay on course where poles don't jump out in front of me. Glad I didn't end up in the autocross lot. :D
Beans and cornbread.
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

i had a blast, thanks again for another great event guys.