Checking in from the road...
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:17 am
OMG DRIFT RACING!!!1
Its been a craaazy weekend. Three events... Three days... Summed up: pure mayhem. We're headed back to ATL, but I figured I'd drop word on how things went.
The FD qualifier was a mess. It rained, turned all the dirt and sand in the lot to mud... And turned everyone to suck. People were killing it at the practice day a day earlier... And one the mud was slung... Nobody was looking good.
They only gave one FD license... To Quoc Luy in his satin black 13 hatch. A provisional license was given for the FOERST three events to the driver of the green Garage 112 hachi. Two invites were given to the qualifier in San Diego. One to "Hachi Bill" Sherman from No Ants... And the other invite to me.
After the announcement was made we all went back out for an amazing session filled with tandem madness. It was sooo much fun. Once the pressure was taken out of the equation, and it dried up a little... People were ripping it.
Last night we blazed trails to Lousiana for the Import Face-Off invitational. It was gawt damed AWESOME. It was a road course that was very challenging... And by mid-day we were killing it. Hot lapping the entire circuit with non-stop drift madness at every corner.
martymartymarty.net, Dan and I all made top 8. martymartymarty.net and I both advanced once, to be eliminated. I was taken out by the 1st place finisher (mostly due to fuel cut with gas sloshed to one side), and martymartymarty.net was taken out by the second place finisher... Also in a Miata.
martymartymarty.net and I got to battle it out for 3rd/4th... Just like the drift expo!!1 it was AWESOME. From what we were told it was the best tandem of the day. We got wikkid close, and finished it off with some slow manji standing burnouts for the crowd to finish the day.
People at the event were SO stoked about drifting. It was really a cool day, and it totally validated all the stress, sleep deprivation, and personal anguish I put myself through in the past two weeks. It was an amazing track and an amazing day.
Anyway... Now that I've rambled on for a good bit... I guess I'm gonna pass out. It's been a looong two weeks... And I can't wait to get home.
Let's set some shit on fire this weekend.
Its been a craaazy weekend. Three events... Three days... Summed up: pure mayhem. We're headed back to ATL, but I figured I'd drop word on how things went.
The FD qualifier was a mess. It rained, turned all the dirt and sand in the lot to mud... And turned everyone to suck. People were killing it at the practice day a day earlier... And one the mud was slung... Nobody was looking good.
They only gave one FD license... To Quoc Luy in his satin black 13 hatch. A provisional license was given for the FOERST three events to the driver of the green Garage 112 hachi. Two invites were given to the qualifier in San Diego. One to "Hachi Bill" Sherman from No Ants... And the other invite to me.
After the announcement was made we all went back out for an amazing session filled with tandem madness. It was sooo much fun. Once the pressure was taken out of the equation, and it dried up a little... People were ripping it.
Last night we blazed trails to Lousiana for the Import Face-Off invitational. It was gawt damed AWESOME. It was a road course that was very challenging... And by mid-day we were killing it. Hot lapping the entire circuit with non-stop drift madness at every corner.
martymartymarty.net, Dan and I all made top 8. martymartymarty.net and I both advanced once, to be eliminated. I was taken out by the 1st place finisher (mostly due to fuel cut with gas sloshed to one side), and martymartymarty.net was taken out by the second place finisher... Also in a Miata.
martymartymarty.net and I got to battle it out for 3rd/4th... Just like the drift expo!!1 it was AWESOME. From what we were told it was the best tandem of the day. We got wikkid close, and finished it off with some slow manji standing burnouts for the crowd to finish the day.
People at the event were SO stoked about drifting. It was really a cool day, and it totally validated all the stress, sleep deprivation, and personal anguish I put myself through in the past two weeks. It was an amazing track and an amazing day.
Anyway... Now that I've rambled on for a good bit... I guess I'm gonna pass out. It's been a looong two weeks... And I can't wait to get home.
Let's set some shit on fire this weekend.