new holiday

Pop a wheelie into outer space AND get the chick.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, icantdrift, EVOsaiyanPrince, POOPscandal

icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo

new holiday

Post by icantdrift »

i am officially dubbing April 23rd as "All Squids Day". yesterday while riding in the mountains and after i got home i saw some of the largest acts of stupidity on motorcycles i'd ever seen to date.

a timeline of my day:

8:00am- wake up and get the bike all ready to go, verify the people i'm meeting will be there, load up the truck
10:00am- get to gas station up the street, notice i've forgotten my boots and my slip on Merrell shoes won't go well with my new leathers.
10:15- finally get on the road to TWO to park and unload, pretty uneventful drive other than stopping at the spot off of 52 an aquaintance was killed on his bike saturday afternoon to pay my respects for a moment.
11:30- pull in to TWO, everyone starting wildly at the bike. unload, get stopped by 10 different people on the way out of the parking lot wanting to check out the bike. hauled ass across 180 to meet the guys i was riding with on blood mountain by noon. came up on Sqiddo numero uno just after crossing the lake. apparently he didn't see my bright orange bike or something but the bastard wouldn't let me by. i'd show him a tire in the turns and made it apparent i wanted by but he just kept blasting down the straights only to have me held up at the next turn. i finally passed him on that nice switchback going downhill near vogel, he seemed a little unhappy with that at the time but 3 turns later he was out of sight.
12:00- met max and paul near DeSoto falls and had a fun run to the top with them. did suprisingly well considering they were both on SS bikes with race rubber on them and i was on a dirtbike with sport touring rubber :wink: . had a chat at the top, rehydrated and headed back down for another run. we hit DeSoto again to turn around and had to wait for this group of 6 squids to pass, all but 2 were on literbikes of various makes. after letting them pass we proceeded to pull out a few seconds behind and quickly catch their group. these guys couldn't decide where they wanted to be on the road and it was quite a task passing them for that reason alone. max and paul made short work of them, i had to be a little more aggressive and unfortunately pass in the same lane as a few of them just to work through them. about 5 turns up i'd picked off all but their lead rider and he was being a total dick. apparently he had too much pride to be passed by a dirtbike with 1/3 the power of his gsxr1k. he blast down the straights, way too fast for his own good and nearly sent himself off the side of every turn just trying to shake me. of course i'd more than make it up at the next turn and finally he got scared when i went underneath him hard on the brakes going into the switchback near the cabins :D. we then decided to run down 129 to 180 and over to Dale's to see a few friends, on the way over 180 we get behind another group, except most of these guys are on hayabusas and EXTREMELY slow in the turns. passing on 180 is interesting enough, but trying to get by 10 or so people is real sketchy. max and paul took advantage of the passing zones and made it look real easy, i had to work my way through about 2 or 3 at a time and just fall into their group to make it happen. not much fun there but they weren't very courteous either. they got to dale's and were mean muggin us :lol: .

after a short stop we headed over to 129 for more of the same, stuck behind yet another group of squids on their many different 600SS bikes.... max and paul just stuffed them all at once, and they thought they needed to hold me up even though i was clearly faster. a guy in their group on a green 636 ran wayyyyyyyy wide in one of the closing radius turns and used more road than he had, ended up in the oncoming lane near another blind curve and still wouldn't let me pass him :roll: . 3 turns up he did the same thing and instead of backing off and making sure he made it alive i just went around his stupid ass.

on the highway coming back there were droves of idiots hauling ass and weaving traffic in their gloveless, jacketless, shorts wearing glory.

to sum it all up, squids are fun to play with but get annoying after a while :wink:
POOPscandal
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by POOPscandal »

hahahahaa!

i remember when i went up to the dragon, i was on my sv650 and my friend had his r1, we came up on these 2 squids on custom chromed out 600SS's, i swear they were going like 15mph around the corners, we passed them and when we got to the gas station we took a break for about an hour and they never showed up, and we didn't see them on the way back. i guess they just said fuck it and turned around.
Superb Tough Highest Performer Driven to Lifestyles Unimaginable
:domo: :domo: :domo:PHOTOBLARG! :domo: :domo: :domo:NEW EXCITING BLARG! :domo: :domo: :domo:
"thanks man, I didn't do it, but I'm a fan of apple penis" - <3 internet
Kronus
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by Kronus »

I was waiting for it to happen. As soon as the weather gets bright and sunny the motorcycling population doubles. Thats all find and dandy, but its the people that you described that bother me. The squid uniform is usually a t-shirt or tanktop, shorts, flip flop sandals, no gloves, and a very nice helmet. Oh yes, and a top performance Japanese sportbike.

They're fast in a straight line, any monkey can wack on the throttle like a self-abusing ape, but when they clog up touge roads scared shitless while I'm doing double their speed (causing me to have to hit the brakes hard MIDCORNER) its a major problem. I get engraged. The other day some twat on a bike asked me where he could find some replacement rears pads. He later told me he was afraid to use the front brake because the forks dive. WTF!! He only uses the rear and the front when he absolutely needs to.

/rant
"Yes." - Mika Hakkinen
icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo

Post by icantdrift »

Kronus wrote:I was waiting for it to happen. As soon as the weather gets bright and sunny the motorcycling population doubles. Thats all find and dandy, but its the people that you described that bother me. The squid uniform is usually a t-shirt or tanktop, shorts, flip flop sandals, no gloves, and a very nice helmet. Oh yes, and a top performance Japanese sportbike.

/rant
it is that time of year, but it seems every year as of late it gets worse and worse. a lot of the squids i described in my post were wearing full leathers and such, they were squids in my eyes because they had no courtesy at all. they let pride take over their riding instead of just keeping a steady manageable pace and tried their best to keep another rider behind. that pisses me off more than anything, even the morons who don't value their skin enough to wear gear. if someone is clearly coming up on me fast i make sure they have room to go by, even without the double lanes of 129 i'll pull to the right and wave them on.
POOPscandal
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by POOPscandal »

reminds me of those douchebags on duc multistradas last time i went up there with you.
Superb Tough Highest Performer Driven to Lifestyles Unimaginable
:domo: :domo: :domo:PHOTOBLARG! :domo: :domo: :domo:NEW EXCITING BLARG! :domo: :domo: :domo:
"thanks man, I didn't do it, but I'm a fan of apple penis" - <3 internet
icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo

Post by icantdrift »

lol, yeah almost the same deal but way squidlier.

dammit i need to figure out a way to rig the camera to mount on the bike.