Happiness is.....

General automotive discussion. If you can read and write... this is the place.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, andysapp, CodyW

jo
Not Really Past the Hazing

Happiness is.....

Post by jo »

finally getting my car to get slideways with ease!!

Tonight was the FOERST night I went out drifting since the sway bar install [big ups to the airborne boys again for that!]. And wow. wow! The combination of the sway bars, rear coilovers set on full stiff, and DCCD adjustments was just what I needed to finally get my car drifting. I was afraid since it hadn't rained down in sandy springs, that it would be sticky central. Normally my car likes to grip fiercly in the dry-- but tonight it was all slide and smoke! I was actually caught completely off guard when I made my FOERST attempt because I was sliding like crazy despite minimal effort to get it that way.

Now that easy sliding is attainable, I need to focus on controlling it. I can't wait to go back out [tomorrow after the movie anyone?:] and hopefully grab some footage!

Anyhow, I'm just really happy that the suspension work is paying off tenfold, and wanted to share:)
airBORNE
Fresh Meat

Post by airBORNE »

sounds awesome! i was wondering where are some good places in the ATL to drive? what are the good spots that are relatively safe to play around?? figured if anyone would know it would be you guys. thanks in advance
http://www.airbornemotorsports.com

"Depend on the Lord in whatever you do, and your plans will succeed" Proverbs 16:3
jo

Post by jo »

I'd rather not say them publically just because I am nervous that it might be seen by the wrong person....and the fact that I don't really know specifics about some of them [street names and stuff], just how to get there-- but you should come out with us sometime:) It's usually a lot of moving around from spot to spot, but it's better than getting in trouble!
airBORNE
Fresh Meat

Post by airBORNE »

yeah thats cool, im always looking for good places to drive. im glad you like your setup. are you running the DCCD on full lock? anyway, ill ask you about the spots next time i run into you.
http://www.airbornemotorsports.com

"Depend on the Lord in whatever you do, and your plans will succeed" Proverbs 16:3
jo

Post by jo »

I've run the DCCD in automatic, and in various adjustments in the rear. Tonight it was full rear, but I'd be interested to try it in automatic with the current set up-- just to see how much of a difference it actually makes!
djdorifto
Clam Salesman

Post by djdorifto »

woot!!!! good shit chica!!! now we need vids of you in action... not in that way, but in the car... lol not that way either. Ugh, we need drift action... there we go lol
OutDriveU
Ripe Meat

Post by OutDriveU »

sweeet cant wait to see it
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

It was awesome indeed!

Second try and you nearly rocked a 270 around the light post!
Wait 'till we take'r out in the rain!!!
SLIIIIIIDE!

We all need to start going out and getting video footage for the promoSpot.
jo

Post by jo »

Rain will be fun but now that it can be done in the dry I am not so particular about going out only in the rain! I definitely need to learn more control of it and chaining into the other direction. When I did that one pretty much accidental chain into the opposite side it felt very good. I definitely want to develop the other direction just as well as turning towards the driver side.

Hahaha then we can be the no lsd and 4wd tandem pair lol.

We do need to start promoshooting asap!