Page 1 of 3

Nascar VS D1

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:51 pm
by Frosty_SPL

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:21 pm
by Kouki7
D1 > NASCAR by about 11ty-billlion to 1

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:32 pm
by Dr. Marlow
thats going to be sooooo cool! GO KASEY KHANE!

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:34 pm
by darkducati
We regret to inform you that Chris is dead. We found him with a self inflicted gunshot wound to the head with this thread on his PC. Have a nice day.

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:36 pm
by down_shift
I can see the NASCAR crowd really getting into it.

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:39 pm
by Kouki7
yeah, NASCAR fans are fuggin crazy!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
actually, drift fans are pretty damn crazy too... :lol:

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:02 pm
by icantdrift
hahahahaha! can nascar drivers turn a steering wheel fast enough to drift? and in both directions? :shock:

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:26 pm
by andysapp
When I FOERST heard about it... I said WALL - thinking the Nascar drivers would end up there. After I read up on it a li'l... I think it'll be interesting. A lot of the drivers who are doing it started out dirt track racing... so they've got experience. I think we may be a li'l surprised at the outcome.

Should be cool, IMO.
:)

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:27 pm
by CodyW
haha, i got a press release about this at work today...i kinda wanna go watch, i suspect it will at least be fun and somewhat interesting :).

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:43 pm
by rotary_drift_dreams
wow D1 is really tapping into the american market sounds kinda weird but but the exposure is good.

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:47 pm
by P.Haire
here's an old picture of tony stewart
Image

kasey kahne also got his start in midget racing.

here's what alot of midget drivers move up to
Image

they had a dirt track an exit down from where i go to college. they had a pure stock class which means you take the interior and glass out of pretty much any car, weld in a roll cage or bolt on a door bar, and you slide around a dirt oval while drunk people yell at you. man it would've been fun.

Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:03 am
by darkducati
My big issue is that the event sponsorship will largely come from NASCAR/NASCAR sponsors. These guys will twist whatever they have to do to make the NASCAR guys come out on top. They would not let the drifters come out and make them look bad. If it were even possible, they wouldn't propose the idea. This means the image projected will be that NASCAR drivers are better than everyone else and, more importantly, drifting is easy. So, I guess we'll see what happens, but I don't think I like where this is going.

Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:28 am
by andysapp
You raise a good point, there sir.
:D

Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:41 am
by Greg
NASCAR sponsors>Drifting sponsors

and please don't try to argue that, because you can't.

I see this as a last gasp for D1 trying to make it into mistream middle america. drifting is a niche market.

Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:33 am
by nsanyatl
this is just what the sport needs it to get more expensive than it already is.