Cool news.

Pop a wheelie into outer space AND get the chick.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, icantdrift, EVOsaiyanPrince, POOPscandal

darkducati
Purple Drank

Cool news.

Post by darkducati »

I just found out that I have been chosen to be the beta tester for American Sportbike for a preprogramed ECM for the Buell XB9. I will be performing tests with data logging and reporting back with riding impressions of driveability and performance to American Sportbike to help develop this product. I'm stoked and should have the FOERST map next week. :)
Beans and cornbread.
revel
Eet Bacon

Post by revel »

dang that sounds like fun. lucky. cant wait to here more.
Kronus
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by Kronus »

CUNT! I mean that in a good, but jealous way. My bike is slowly dieing. Possible thrown rod or failing pistion pin. :( :cry: I took such good care of her, it sucks.

It'll cost too much to strip the engine and crack the cases to find out for sure, nevermind the repair costs when whatever it is is found out. Have fun for me,
"Yes." - Mika Hakkinen
darkducati
Purple Drank

Post by darkducati »

Dude that sucks! And I was gonna call you because I took off Monday to go ride with you. LOL I am shocked you are having problems this early. I have seen plenty of these bikes ridden hard go past 50k with no issues. Hope you get her sorted soon!
Beans and cornbread.
Kronus
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by Kronus »

I'm riding it till it pops, so bring that ride on. I'll be torture testing it tonight to see how much I can dish on it in its current state.
"Yes." - Mika Hakkinen
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Dude that's rad! Congrats Chris!
How did you land that?
:D
darkducati
Purple Drank

Post by darkducati »

I was in the right place at the right time. I've already started testing it and it's going well. can't wait to get back from Fla so I can get back to it. :)
Beans and cornbread.
Kronus
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by Kronus »

How'd that new ECM feel to you? Also, my bike is in tip-top shape. No thrown rods or that nonsense. Boo mistaken H-D techs.
"Yes." - Mika Hakkinen
revel
Eet Bacon

Post by revel »

yea. how bout an update? i know i am curious about how its going.
darkducati
Purple Drank

Post by darkducati »

Kronus, glad your bike is okay. How is the job going? I still want to go for that ride sometime. Maybe Deal's Gap. Keep in touch.

It's going pretty well. The WOT maps are great and I can make them a hair better with some dyno time. But the whole reason I did it was to get rid of the flat spot at 4,500 rpm, which is completely gone. The part throttle maps are getting there. It's amazing how much time is involved with a project like this. For every map revision we make, there is approximately three hours of testing and datalogging that is required to get the data required to make another map. The reward will be well worth it when the maps are completed and everyone can benefit. Until then, I will keep on testing and collecting data. I will not stop until it is perfect. If we go through 100 maps to get there, that is what we will do.
Beans and cornbread.