Page 1 of 1

Powersteering?

Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:27 am
by Korey
If you have it, is it because it helps in drifting, or not strong enough to steer without it? :D

Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:05 am
by Epik
hellyea. you try steering a 3500 lb boat without it.

Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:39 pm
by Korey
Anybody in a fairly heavy car not have it anymore? How about you light cars?

Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:46 pm
by 240sx Sr20 drifto
aight i drove a buddies car ( 240 1993) with SR and on power steering and it sucked to sum it up!!!! Screw weight reduction... ya need it.

Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:50 pm
by matts13
marcos used to try not to run it. but guess what he got it now.

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:17 pm
by sil80det
I drifted/daily drove my sr 240 for 2 years without p/s and I did ok. It's just a matter of getting used to the car. It was nice because I could feel the car but tight courses kicked my ass and hard countersteering can get rough. I have only drifted a few times since I put p/s on and it is definately nice, but it's just a matter of getting used to what you have. If given the choice though I vote p/s.

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:52 pm
by 240sx Sr20 drifto
sil80det wrote:I drifted/daily drove my sr 240 for 2 years without p/s and I did ok. It's just a matter of getting used to the car. It was nice because I could feel the car but tight courses kicked my ass and hard countersteering can get rough. I have only drifted a few times since I put p/s on and it is definately nice, but it's just a matter of getting used to what you have. If given the choice though I vote p/s.
man i dont see how you got used to it.... also if your wanting to clean the engine bay up a little i guess this could help to.

Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:42 pm
by Korey
Alright, I guess all of ya'll summed it up. P/S is the way. I was asking this because a friend has an e30 without P/S and after driving it, it didn't seem that bad, but I wasn't sure what it would be like trying to countersteer in a slide. Thanks for the response's and votes. Anymore input from other drivers would be great too.
Korey

Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:49 am
by andysapp
I think the higher speed, the less you notice, but when you slow down for tight technical stuff... it gets difficult. I think a big part is what you're used to with the car.
:)

Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:53 am
by sil80det
man i dont see how you got used to it.... also if your wanting to clean the engine bay up a little i guess this could help to.
Yah it did clean up the engine bay nicely. It made everything much easier to work on too... lots of empty space.
I think the higher speed, the less you notice, but when you slow down for tight technical stuff... it gets difficult. I think a big part is what you're used to with the car.
That's exactly right. Some wider courses wouldn't bother me at all but tight courses kicked my ass.

Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:32 pm
by 240sx Sr20 drifto
I think the higher speed, the less you notice, but when you slow down for tight technical stuff... it gets difficult. I think a big part is what you're used to with the car.
That's exactly right. Some wider courses wouldn't bother me at all but tight courses kicked my ass.[/quote]
yeah good point