Bought a new motor for the 240!! yay!

General automotive discussion. If you can read and write... this is the place.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, andysapp, CodyW

Rhoad Racing
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Rhoad Racing »

indeeeeed! great! Ive been smiling from ear to ear for the last two days :D
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

cool, glad it's back on the road!
i was hoping to have mine going too by now, but looks like i gotta wait 1 more week. oh well, it'll be worth it.
now go get that thing sideways chris :).
Rhoad Racing
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Rhoad Racing »

thanks again.
I'm really happy its back up and running. however, i do miss the Fanta powered Honda :wink: And I definatly plan to get this thing sideways as soon as I finish breaking-in and adjusting the clutch.
oh! I can't wait.
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

haha...the outstanding honda was a real treasure, i'm gonna miss it.
Rhoad Racing
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Rhoad Racing »

i'll sell it to you!? cheap! :wink: :P
Rhoad Racing
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Rhoad Racing »

i just can't freakin win!
once again the 240 is screwing up. now the brand new clutch is slipping incredibly bad. to the point where I can barely make the car move. Odly enough, the clutch grabs really well when the car is cold. But as the temp rises the worse it gets. I was supposed to go to school at 6 tonight, but couldn't make it b/c of the damn car! grrh!
well, I called rox and we're going to have Rohan look at when ever he gets a chance. Hopefully tomorrow.
In my personal opinion....I think the real main seal is gone (again!). so oil is getting into the clutch assembly causing it to slip. the only other thing it might be is the clutch adjustment which I messed around with yesterday with no luck.
good news is that the guy(s) who installed my motor will be paying for the fix. yay for that! PISS on the fact that I've only had the car for two days and it's back on the Emobile 240 List alrighty!
*hopefully it'll get me to work tomorrow morning*fingers crossed*
MTRLevolution
Get Some

Post by MTRLevolution »

damn man, that sucks huge asses. tell your car to straighten up or you'll make it toss your salad. no syrup or jelly either.
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

you shold consider buying back the outstanding honda for a backup, it would help deal with the heartbreak of seeing it gone forever too :).
Rhoad Racing
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Rhoad Racing »

shiz,......................................nevermind. :?

i really hate the Outstanding Honda....and will never drive it again if I can help it. Good news, is that I made it into work this morning with no complications. It's odd....the clutch only slips when the engine temp gets too high. :?: So, I think I'm going to have my dad's mechanic look at again when I go down there this Friday for my sis's 21st b-day.
just for the record....i'm getting really dick of this shit!
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Dayom, C...
I feel for you. It's the best feeling in the world getting your car back after such an extended period of downtime. It's absolutely the worst feeling when it starts acting up shortly thereafter.

I hope it's nothing major... and I hope it gets fixed... FAST!!!
marshun
Ripe Meat

Post by marshun »

hmm. did you ever touch the slave cylinder for the clutch? sometimes those bastards suck because of that dampening box.

if its the rear main seal then you should see oil soon.
Rhoad Racing
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Rhoad Racing »

i had Rohan look at the car last night and from what he could tell, it's the pressure plate. Like me, he tried to adjust the clutch and didn't have any luck. It wouldn't disengage fully or disengage fully no matter how we adjusted it. Also, I put a trash bag under the car last night to see if there was any oil leaking.......there wasn't! So it's go to be the pressure plate or release bearing; one of the two.
On top of that.....Rohan ran my car out of gas last night (it was my fault). So it sucked a bunch of shit into the fuel system. me and rox replaced the fuel filter with a new one (z31) but it's still screwed up. We replugged a vacuum leak that I created during the installation of the filter which we thought was the problem. But it wasn't. So, now the car seems likes it's choking...not getting enough fuel. After school tonight I'm going to check the filter on the fuel pump itself. if that's not it.....then I don't know. it may be an injector, but I doubt it.
damn this car!!!! im just going to buy a porsche!!! :roll: :evil:
Last edited by Rhoad Racing on Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

Image ?

you should probably pick a porsche good sir :)
Rhoad Racing
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Rhoad Racing »

no way man....i want a porche to go with my sunroom! ;)
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Rhoad Racing wrote:i had Rohan look at the car last night and from what he could tell, it's the pressure plate...
Aragorn King of Rohan?

Hahaha... seriously though... good thing she's not leaking any fluid.
Choking and not getting enough fuel doesn't sound nice.
I hope it turns out to be the pump filter...
and what's all this about a Porsche??