US DRIFT Nationals - August 28th - Charlotte, NC

Competing in an event? Do you enjoy meat? Let everyone know about it here!

Moderators: charlie, andysapp, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

mattology wrote:Where can I find more info about this??? I'm thinking about it.
You should come up!!!
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

K-groove wrote:I'm pretty sure that I would be able to go.
RAWK!!!
turbofb
Clam Salesman

Post by turbofb »

I called us drift today, they should have a link up on the usdrift site to sign up in about a week. Also told me they are working on regional events in Atlanta. Just trying locate the venue, seems i have heard that before. But he assured me they will have somthing just give it time.
jo
Not Really Past the Hazing

Post by jo »

Awesome! I can't wait to get the nationals info. I definitely want to enter and make a fool of myself;)

I spoke with Eric @ DGTrials this weekend and he was telling me about trying to get things done in ATL. Apparently Turner Field and Road Atlanta all want insane amounts of funds, and he doesn't think that there will be enough entrants/support to turn any kind of profit. Gwinnet County Fairgrounds will work, he said, but they are booked solid until next spring. He said they're going to do an event there at that time.

I think that if they set up a silly car show to go with the drift event it would turn a profit since a lot of ATL is a bunch of show queens. It wouldn't even have to be that great of a show-- just offer ten to 15 trophies... At 25-30 bucks a car show entry they would easily make money. All the small car clubs here in ATL do it all the time.
Drew@blitzkriegmedia
Ripe Meat

Post by Drew@blitzkriegmedia »

nobody wrote:Awesome! I can't wait to get the nationals info. I definitely want to enter and make a fool of myself;)

I spoke with Eric @ DGTrials this weekend and he was telling me about trying to get things done in ATL. Apparently Turner Field and Road Atlanta all want insane amounts of funds, and he doesn't think that there will be enough entrants/support to turn any kind of profit. Gwinnet County Fairgrounds will work, he said, but they are booked solid until next spring. He said they're going to do an event there at that time.

I think that if they set up a silly car show to go with the drift event it would turn a profit since a lot of ATL is a bunch of show queens. It wouldn't even have to be that great of a show-- just offer ten to 15 trophies... At 25-30 bucks a car show entry they would easily make money. All the small car clubs here in ATL do it all the time.
DG has never had an event with a car show or wet t-shirt, etc because it has nothing to do with drifting, but until theres more people interested in drifting there that would be a good solution. Once you start getting stuff moving, you will start make more drifters. The FOERST DG DOW had 12-15 drivers :)
jo

Post by jo »

I agree with not wanting shows and models and shit because it's entirely useless-- but i'd be willing to sacrifice that if it meant there got to be drifting here. ok, well i'd allow a car show but leave the hoochies at home.
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

:(
car show hoochies are great!
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Am I missing something?
This event isn't listed on USDrift.com.

http://usdrift.com/html/events.html
charlie
Eet Bacon

Post by charlie »

nobody wrote:ok, well i'd allow a car show but leave the hoochies at home.
speak for yourself. I'm with Cody on this one. :D
[html]<object data="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" style="outline:none;" width="512" height="44" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"><param value="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" name="movie"/><param value="always" name="AllowScriptAccess"/><param value="opaque" name="wmode"/><param value="noscale" name="scale"/><param value="tl" name="salign"/></object><BR>
[/html]K-TO-THE-MOTHERFUCKIN-OI! OI! OI!
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

it's listed under the "series" section instead of events (i noticed the same thing the other day which kinda worried me)

http://usdrift.com/html/series.html
Drew@blitzkriegmedia
Ripe Meat

So are you guys planning on doing this? I checked my vacation day and finances, and I have the vacation days to be there :lol: Its either this or FD, and this would be better for me, beause I can drive it.
jo

Post by jo »

we're going to do this! so you better come;)
Drew@blitzkriegmedia
Ripe Meat

nobody wrote:we're going to do this! so you better come;)
Yes maam :shock:

its only a 9 hour drive, peace of cake :wink:
jo

Post by jo »

hahaha welcome to our world;)

this is only a 4 hour drive for us! it's a FOERST!
sande
Ripe Meat

Post by sande »

nobody wrote: and he doesn't think that there will be enough entrants/support to turn any kind of profit.
turn a profit? shouldn't they just be worried about breaking even? :roll:

anyways, it's 6 hours down from DC so we should definitly make it out to this one.