Update pics of the FC. *now with working pics* :D

Post any and all car-related pictures here.

Moderators: charlie, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

djdorifto
Clam Salesman

Post by djdorifto »

wow bro!!!! Finally day time pics of ur FC. Its fuckin awesome dude! Do I see GC behind the rims =D. Am missing my girlfriend too bro, don't worry man, it will be running again! hang in there, I know I barely am haha
Kouki7
Clam Salesman

Post by Kouki7 »

thanks and yes, those are Ground Control springs paired with Tokiko Illumina 5 way adjustables. the car handles awesome (as Shiz can attest for). i took him for a little "ride" when i was in ATL.

i still want to get some more suspention work done like rear toe steer illiminators, rear sway bar, and beefier end links.
1991 RX7 GTR - JDM Daily Driver

Microtech LT10S, 3" Turboback, 9psi.

225rwhp on 9psi
djdorifto
Clam Salesman

Post by djdorifto »

awesome.

So whats needed to be done to the girl to get back on the road?
Kouki7
Clam Salesman

Post by Kouki7 »

the engine is blown so it has to be rebuilt. thats all thats keeping it off the road. my injectors are at RC Engineering right now getting rebuilt and cleaned. i'm hoping to have the car back running by early september.

225rwhp on 9psi
MTRLevolution
Get Some

Post by MTRLevolution »

cool pics and stuff! hope that thing gets running again, it was fast.
djdorifto
Clam Salesman

Post by djdorifto »

i didn't get the full story of your blown engine. What extaclly happen? Didn't break it in right or what? Whats your price your paying to rebuild the engine? Isn't it avg like around 3grand? I really want to buy a FD, but... ugh sucks about the engine crapping out within 70-90k miles. Maybe i'll just drop in a SR =P. Keep us updated on the engine man.
Kouki7
Clam Salesman

Post by Kouki7 »

i'll address this individually...
Maybe i'll just drop in a SR =P
thats blasphamy. if it came with a rotor, keep the rotors. :wink:
i didn't get the full story of your blown engine. What extaclly happen? Didn't break it in right or what?
i was driving home from work, got on it in 3rd gear and it blew at 4000rpms at 10psi. it didn't run lean, it was a weak apex seal that just couldn't take it anymore. i never rebuilt it when put it in so it was a gamble from the start.
Whats your price your paying to rebuild the engine? Isn't it avg like around 3grand?
i'm paying roughly 2400 for the rebuilt. the average depends on where you get it rebuilt and what you have done to it during the rebuild. i'm not going to disclose what i'm doing with the motor to keep everyone guessing "what the hells he got done to that thing". :wink:

225rwhp on 9psi
Kouki7
Clam Salesman

Post by Kouki7 »

wow, looking at that side profile pic of my car i just realized i really should adjust that rear caster back some. i don't like how the wheels sitting so far forward in the wheel well. :?

225rwhp on 9psi
djdorifto
Clam Salesman

Post by djdorifto »

ahh ic ic,

A SR in a FD is perfect!! hehe but yeah i love me my hi rev rotory =P

Ohh ic, damn those apex seals!! I haven't been on rx7club forums in awhile, any news on better seals? Like from the rx8?

2400 is very not bad. My friend is getting this done for 3grand by a Rotory Only shop. I guess your doing some madddddd porting =D and maybe a boost upgrade, but we'll see hehe

again goodluck on the car
Kouki7
Clam Salesman

Post by Kouki7 »

the reason the seals were bad was because the motor had been sitting for over 10 years. its a 1991 J-spec motor with about 13,000miles which means it wasn't driven much. as for my rebuild plans, they're still staying secret. all i'll say is that i'm not going for any monster port jobs or anything to extreme. i want to have a grand total of about 325-375rwhp when i'm done with the mechanical side of the car. (which won't be for a long time still.)

225rwhp on 9psi