Not really drift pics, but from my shoot last night

Post any and all car-related pictures here.

Moderators: charlie, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

djdorifto
Clam Salesman

Post by djdorifto »

what cam ur using?! fawking aweosme pictures!!!!!
captobvious
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by captobvious »

djdorifto wrote:what cam ur using?! fawking aweosme pictures!!!!!
an 8 yr old Canon Elan II with a 50mm f/1.8 lens, rather meager set up, but i do what i can with it 8)
MTRLevolution
Get Some

Post by MTRLevolution »

that hardtop s2k is friggin' awesome.
180SXDRFTR
Fresh Meat

Post by 180SXDRFTR »

those pics are crisp as hell..... bling bling 8)
Drew@blitzkriegmedia
Ripe Meat

Post by Drew@blitzkriegmedia »

captobvious wrote:
djdorifto wrote:what cam ur using?! fawking aweosme pictures!!!!!
an 8 yr old Canon Elan II with a 50mm f/1.8 lens, rather meager set up, but i do what i can with it 8)
They are great photos. Just out curiosity what ISO speed film are you shooting? They seems to be a little grainy, although the more I look at them I think it adds a nice tone to the colors.
captobvious
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by captobvious »

mainly 100, but the rolling shots and FOERST few still shots were 400
Drew@blitzkriegmedia
Ripe Meat

Post by Drew@blitzkriegmedia »

captobvious wrote:mainly 100, but the rolling shots and FOERST few still shots were 400
Its probably just the scanning then, never the less they are great shots :D
captobvious
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by captobvious »

well, the 100 ISO "expired" like a month ago, but its been kept in a fridge, so i dunno, it was half price, thats why i bought it
Rhoad Racing
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Rhoad Racing »

those are really great shots; very inspiring to us noobie shutter bugs . keep up the good work! 8)
captobvious
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by captobvious »

Rhoad Racing wrote:those are really great shots; very inspiring to us noobie shutter bugs . keep up the good work! 8)
i'm pretty much a noobie to it too, i just really started getting back into it in april, i'm in the process of trying ot decide if i want to get an s13 or a bad ass lens for my camera, right now i'm leaning toward the lens cause i'm more likely to become a pro photographer then a pro drifter or racer, and also if i start making good money off my pics, then i'll be able to buy a car after that so i'm thinking i'm gonna go for the lens
Rhoad Racing
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Rhoad Racing »

wise choice....why pick only one when you can have both. :)
if my site (http://www.rhoadracing.123ts.com) ever comes back up I'll show you what I've done so far in my 6 months of shooting.
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

yup, those do look awesome but i'd love to see you behind a D-SLR to get even more sharpness :).

and like chris, i'm also working on a portfolio site and if i ever get motiaved enough to finish it i'll post a link too.
captobvious
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by captobvious »

CodyW wrote:yup, those do look awesome but i'd love to see you behind a D-SLR to get even more sharpness :).

and like chris, i'm also working on a portfolio site and if i ever get motiaved enough to finish it i'll post a link too.
you buy me one and i'll show you what i can do :D , but yeah, i want to go digital soon, i figure with the out put i have now with film, if i switch to digital and can take 1000+ pictures instead of 400 pictures, and get lik 80% usable shots like im getting with film, i'm gonna be a force to be reckonded with 8)
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

haha....gotta strike it rich and buy my own D70 FOERST :).
but yea, you'll love digital though. i've been on it for 3 or so years now (although only 1 year with a decent camera, a sony717) and it's so much more practical than film. just wish i would've bought a SLR last year instead of a nice prosumer which costs the almost same, but it's still pretty nice (just wish it had more expandability).
captobvious
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by captobvious »

if youre gonna use the cam for action shots, go for canon, canon has better high shutter speeds, plus they have more selection in digi slr's and nikons customer service sux big donkey balls, trust me i work in a camera store, something goes wrong with your nikon and you send it back under warranty, you'll be lucky to get it back within 5 months