Page 1 of 4
Nopi Nationals 2004
Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:48 pm
by CodyW
well it just occured to me that nopi is coming up much faster than i expected (i think we've got like 4 weeks left) and wanted to see if any plans had been made yet. i talked to ed earlier and unfortunately that shop he knows (ride revolutions) doesn't have enough space to let us share their vendor booth, but he did say we can talk to nopi about getting a booth if we still want too (but i have a feeling the price will suck, and i think they are filling up quick).
if anyone has any ideas post it up so we can get ourselves organized and have some fun down there

.
Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:53 pm
by andysapp
I'm not aware of any plans as of yet, besides Ed's possibility.
I can try and get in touch with Nopi and see what's up with getting some space. I remember they put all the clubs in the grass... so maybe if we all register as the same car, we'll be able to park together.
?
Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:40 pm
by SLYDSHW
Damn, I cant believe Nopi is that close. We havnt even tricked out our golf cart yet. Are we really going? Im not even sure my car will be running by then...

Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:56 pm
by Rhoad Racing
^ same here! or my pocket bike
whats a ball park figure for a booth?
Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:37 pm
by CodyW
yea, i'm definately going but it's just a matter of how we'll all get in together without having to enter as a club and getting thrown way out in the middle of nowhere (like last year for us celica folks).
and chris, i have absolutely no clue what a booth would cost but i doubt it's cheap. i'm just hoping there's some concrete space they'll let us have where we can put the tent up and give out flyers and stuff sorta like at HIN.
oh, and i wish we could hook up the cart too but i'm not sure if time will permit. we can still bring it though (as long as we have something to pull the trailer with).
Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:39 pm
by charlie
After HIN it's hard to even think about another car show. I just want to drive. I'm still hungover from all of the fake breasts, overbearing promotions and horrible music. The pinnacle for me was the asshole on stage trying to get the crowd to chant "Blau-punkt, Blau-punkt!"
Are you serious?
Blaupunkt?
Whuh?
And if I'm not mistaken they're the same fux that brought the SILVALIER with the Lexus taillights. It's not like it's a big surprise or anything, it just reminds me of all the reasons I DIDN'T use to justify buying and modifying my car. NOPI will be exactly the same except without as many girls and without air conditioning.
All that being said, are we going as a club or together "separately?"
oh yeah, just to be fair I did really enjoy the good things about the show such as meeting with other owners and discussing mod do's and dont's, being the center of the Ver6 / Ver7/ Ver8 white to black gradient, and watching bimbos continuously stumble on their 7" stiletto stilts. (all the while being followed by a herd of digital cameras)

Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:04 am
by djdorifto
ha, i promise myself never go to another HIN show after my FOERST one in 99.
Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:05 am
by CodyW
hahaha....yea, shows themselves typically do suck but they are good exposure and i usually have a pretty good time.
oh, and chris mentioned earlier that we should see about getting some media passes for this too, which might not be a bad idea (last year they let press people inside that gated area for the drifting stuff which would be nice).
Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:38 am
by jo
TURBEEE!!!!
at least the awesome 6-7-8 triple threat can park together!;)
Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:47 am
by CodyW
yea, turbee is the coolest thing ever

.
i really want to get this too but i bet it costs a lot:
ok, i'll stop rambling about cool HKS stuff now and pretend we're back on topic

Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:30 pm
by high plains drifter
Hope to see most of you guys there, I'm going to be comming down for this event (barring a catastrophe)
the past 3 years I've either broken my car or something f-ed up has happened to my car either the week before or the week of this event!! It's very spooky! lol either that or I'm just clumsey.
Hope to see most everybody there!
P-
***UPDATE***
Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:14 pm
by andysapp
Here's the scoop (fiiinally).
I can get us a row... it's on concrete, not grass, and it's in the Orange section - Row W.
It's not the greatest location... it's pretty far, actually.
He said he could get us a better spot in the grass if we wanted...
but I couldn't get him on the phone at all today.
Let me know what you guys think!
We can always enter separately and try and park together...
just an idea.
Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:17 pm
by Rhoad Racing
granted, I've only been to NOPI once. But from what I saw...the Green isn't an ideal place to be. And the chances of all of us getting to park next to each other is pretty slim. so, I'm down for the Orange.
now....I need to enter my car as normal correct?
Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:51 pm
by CodyW
sadly enough, i'd actually lean towards going in the grass if it's closer. i have to admit that i've never wandered out that far in the orange lot in 5 years of going there, and i doubt many other people have either. the grass kinda sucks but i think it would get us a little more exposure. plus it looks like we'd be right by the "neon chamber," and i don't think i want to find out what that is

.
Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:19 am
by high plains drifter

just one more week!