I AM A WAR MACHINE - UCF10

Post any and all car-related pictures here.

Moderators: charlie, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

mranlet
Imitation Crab Meat

I AM A WAR MACHINE - UCF10

Post by mranlet »

Fresh off the trailer. Got it 2 hrs away for $1100 running and driving. Caribbean woman owner had the blown front airbags changed out for steel spring on shock, but the back was still airbag. She gave me the rear steel suspension as well.

Gross inside.

And then I got to it. Threw some shit away out of the trunk; a lot of shit: 6-CD changer, Motorolla cel phone module, cables upon cables, the spare cover, the spare spare cover, the cover for the spare cover for the spare (but not the spare), the suspenison computer, some other computer thing, the computer for the CD changer, the rack for the CD changer,FOERST aid kit cubby, toolkit cubby, panels upon panels of trunk trim, airbag pumps, amplifier for the stock subwoofer, stock subwoofer, rear deck cover, rear seat underpad, etc. In the trunk alone there was 60 lbs of shit that went, and in the back seat area excluding the seat itself there was 25 lbs.

Then the steel suspension went into the rear and I cut the springs to the proper height.

The car will probably be another 1.5"-2" lower after suspension is done. I've also already figured out what wheels I'll be using and have confirmed that the fitment will be as sweet as bear pussy (which is so sweet on account of how much honey they eat).

So, before you douchebags can speculate what I'll be doing to this car let me make the plan clear:
Manual swap
Welded differential/Kaaz 2-way
Coilovers, probably 18kg/14kg Megan Tracks for Mk III Supra
Dual 2"-2.5" exhaust, no stupid Bosozoku tips
Stripped interior minus dashboard, bolted-down floormats and center console
6-point chassis-tied frog-ass tight rollcage
Satin black exterior
No more areo than perhaps a lip, cheap sideskirts and NB Miata valences
Later on I'll do power: cams, metal head gaskets, counter-rotating TD04s, cryo-treated bottom end, 500-600 rwhp
Last edited by mranlet on Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Southeast Reginoal Director of Full Auto, BTTS and STFU&D
down_shift
Muscle Milk

Post by down_shift »

looks rad as-is.
::::: understeer is definitely a crime - Colin McRae
David Adams
Stale Meat

Post by David Adams »

VIP-ness
I am, the most interesting man in the world.
P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Post by P.Haire »

Dual 2"-2.5" exhaust, no stupid Bosozoku tips
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
please believe
charlie
Eet Bacon

Post by charlie »

god i just wanna ride around in that thing and shoot at people.
[html]<object data="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" style="outline:none;" width="512" height="44" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"><param value="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" name="movie"/><param value="always" name="AllowScriptAccess"/><param value="opaque" name="wmode"/><param value="noscale" name="scale"/><param value="tl" name="salign"/></object><BR>
[/html]K-TO-THE-MOTHERFUCKIN-OI! OI! OI!
Cankles
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Cankles »

charlie wrote:god i just wanna ride around in that thing and shoot at people.
you sure you live in chicago and not st louis??
charlie
Eet Bacon

Post by charlie »

ha maybe i'd have an argument if i lived on the southside but no, i live in leisurely northern edgewater, just steps away from beautiful lake michigan.
[html]<object data="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" style="outline:none;" width="512" height="44" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"><param value="http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/ ... r10=FF0000&" name="movie"/><param value="always" name="AllowScriptAccess"/><param value="opaque" name="wmode"/><param value="noscale" name="scale"/><param value="tl" name="salign"/></object><BR>
[/html]K-TO-THE-MOTHERFUCKIN-OI! OI! OI!
mranlet
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by mranlet »

charlie wrote:god i just wanna ride around in that thing and shoot at people.
The sunroof is big enough that I've thought about mounting a .30 cal machine gun on the roof and having a gunner out the top...

There will be nothing VIP about this car. It is cheap as shit, the wheels won't be some $20 billion dollar 19 or 20", it won't be shiny and it won't be on airbags, and the owner will not have a snooty attitude. In fact, here are some things you can expect NOT to see go into this car:
zeus
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by zeus »

i can't wait to see what becomes of this....

i <3 yo style...
~~I am the Walrus~~Please visit http://www.only100pennies.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and spread the word.
down_shift
Muscle Milk

Post by down_shift »

I say leave the paint alone
::::: understeer is definitely a crime - Colin McRae
Pittsy
Rock Smoke

Post by Pittsy »

down_shift wrote:I say leave the paint alone

High gloss black FTW.
"Too poor for the DM RBO Elite, but they let me tag along anyway."
John Lennon wrote:I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Ratrod VIP.
Do it.

I love that it is slammed already.
:D
Dr. Marlow
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Dr. Marlow »

i am intrigued by this thread and will follow closely
xoxox
You've got the wrong answer
struka
Slippery When Westicles

Post by struka »

nice nice......
mranlet
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by mranlet »

I've already pitched 150 lbs worth of needless shit, and I haven't even touched the sound deadening. I'm going to keep a running list of the shit I threw out just for laughs, but it's rediculous. Swapped out the toilet seat steering wheel for a much more intuitive one, with a small spacer I made.

Aparently you can also fit a 2nd 1UZ in the back. Sold the spare motor out of my Cressida project to put towards coilover fund. Image
I drove 80 miles to Sarasota just like this, pulled the motor out with a hoist and drove 80 miles back at 3AM with my buddy sleeping in the passenger seat. The car is definitely a Lexus - even with no rear door it was quiet enough we could have a conversation.

And now for cool shit:
The fenders were sitting on ballon-fitment Mustang tires, therefore the car is sitting about 2" higher than it will with properly sized (stretched) tires. The wheel to body fitment is absolutely perfect in 17x9 +25 front and 17x10.5 +26 rear. I'm split between these ones (Cobra replicas), FR500s and the Saleen SSC wheels, all of which can be had for around $600 per set brand new!

For those who don't know...
FR500s:

Saleen SSC:

Also, no pictures to go with it, but I have the Ebrake handle, the clutch master positioning and pedal (which is the tricky part on the UCF chassis manual swap). Both of them are super-sneaky.

I also know what I'm going to do for increased steering angle, rear differential and coilovers. They aren't quite as sneaky, but still need to happen.
Last edited by mranlet on Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.