Need help getting ready for Nashville 4/4

Competing in an event? Do you enjoy meat? Let everyone know about it here!

Moderators: charlie, andysapp, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

Pittsy
Rock Smoke

Need help getting ready for Nashville 4/4

Post by Pittsy »

OK, so I've decided I need to get the Corolla up, running, and at an event SOON. I have had this thing far too long without bringing it too any events. I'm tired of it, and if I don't get it out there soon, I'm going to have to sell it to someone that can treat it the way it deserves. With work the way it is though, & time/money restraints, I'm not going to be able to complete the build the way I want for a while. So I've decided to see if I can get it out to Nashville "as is".

This week I, along with some friends, will be pulling the valve covers & taking care of "the tick", as well as cleaning up some of the wiring issues it's got from the swap. Here's where you come in.

I need:

- A 2nd set of wheels.
Either another set of "Baby Supras" or comparably CHEAP 14x7 0 offset wheels. If not to buy, then does anyone have a set I could borrow for the weekend?

- Some help putting the "old" TRD suspension on & bleeding the brakes.
It's a pretty soft setup, but Russ has been great enough to let me use it until I can afford the setup I want & it's better than stock. haha. Also, if anyone has a lift I could use for this, that would be amazing.

- A harness.
Either an old one you have laying aroung for CHEAP (see the theme here?), or one I could borrow. In a perfect world, I'd have my seat/harness setup already, but it's just not going to happen.

And last but MOST IMPORTANT:

- I need a COMPLETE alignment.
Long story short, a curb jumped out in from of me a while ago, doing some serious damage to the rear end. The biggest damage was to the panhard rod mount on the rear subframe assembly. I had a shop cut it off and fabricate/weld in a replacement piece. I went ahead and got a four-link setup & adjustable panhard rod while they were in there to try and get everything squared up again. For some reason now though, it seems like the rear is sitting a solid half inch to the left again. (Or maybe it was never right after the work done & I just never noticed.) But as well as getting the front aligned after the susp install, I could really use someone who knows what they're doing to take a look at the rear and see if it can be adjusted properly or if I need the mount reworked again.

So that's it. If at all possible, I would LOVE to have this this driving in Nashvegas. Always good times to be had when we take "the crew" out to mingle with the locals.

- Pittsy -

Sorry for the short novel here, and lack of usual sarcasm. Umm...

Everyone go fuck yourselve, all noobs blow goats, Cankles and I are masters of the Eifel Tower, DM is better than everyone else.
"Too poor for the DM RBO Elite, but they let me tag along anyway."
John Lennon wrote:I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me.
zeus
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by zeus »

I may have a set of wheels you can borrow. They are stock off of a 280z. So whatever size that is.
~~I am the Walrus~~Please visit http://www.only100pennies.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and spread the word.
Dr. Marlow
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Dr. Marlow »

you can use any of my wheels that pat isnt using, but they are in nashville and i have no clue about the tires on them
You've got the wrong answer
icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo

Post by icantdrift »

i have an old harness you can have if you want it. in fact i have a couple of old ones that might work. i'll have to dig through the basement and see what i have. i know i have at least enough for one good working harness.
POOPscandal
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by POOPscandal »

zeus wrote:I may have a set of wheels you can borrow. They are stock off of a 280z. So whatever size that is.
i think 14x6 with 0 offset if you have the 6 spoke ones. i also have a set, but they are in abalambala.
Superb Tough Highest Performer Driven to Lifestyles Unimaginable
:domo: :domo: :domo:PHOTOBLARG! :domo: :domo: :domo:NEW EXCITING BLARG! :domo: :domo: :domo:
"thanks man, I didn't do it, but I'm a fan of apple penis" - <3 internet
P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Post by P.Haire »

yeah let me check on wheels(they would be marlow's it'll be next weekend before i can get back to you). i might be able to grab you a pair of tires or you could ask andrew or big mike if they have any old 14s and i will happily go get them and get the tires mounted.

r speed has 2 lifts CALL martymartymarty.net.
GTE can get you aligned.
please believe
struka
Slippery When Westicles

Post by struka »

^cant he use our S13 rims? or they wont fit too good?
Dr. Marlow
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Dr. Marlow »

struka wrote:^cant he use our S13 rims? or they wont fit too good?
i doubt they will fit on any lowered corolla
P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Post by P.Haire »

hey that is true, marlow used s13 rims on his rolla before.
please believe
P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Post by P.Haire »

nm
please believe
struka
Slippery When Westicles

Post by struka »

yea, i didnt know if they would fit...i remember them being used at one point.
Cankles
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Cankles »

marlow r7 14in's. the rotta dial ones, they work right?
bighuyner
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by bighuyner »

wes, you won't need alot of tires at this event. you can probably use the tires you drive to the event, drift all day, and drive home on the same
tires.
struka
Slippery When Westicles

Post by struka »

yea, the lot is awesome....
Dr. Marlow
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Dr. Marlow »

Cankles wrote:marlow r7 14in's. the rotta dial ones, they work right?
i had stock 15in s13 wheels on my 4x4 rolla at the FOERST event i ever did and they barely fit

damn that was a long time ago