New drift series in Nashville?!

Competing in an event? Do you enjoy meat? Let everyone know about it here!

Moderators: charlie, andysapp, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

racedaygraphics
Fresh Meat

Post by racedaygraphics »

Yea, I'll be you've seen some bad ones. We'll try to get everyone as much track time as possible. That's why we're thinking about having a beginners course in the back parking lot so that the more advanced guys can have more time on the track. What do you guys think about that?

As far as safety goes, what are you guys used to? Helmets will be mandatory. I know you're not real big on fire suits and fuel cells. Fire is the scariest thing to me.

What about roll cages. Mandatory for tandem runs or no?
P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Post by P.Haire »

helmets are a no brainer. i think some kind of cage should be manditory for tandem. i hope they don't make us wear fire suits.

safety apart from the driver is usually a bigger concern. tech inspection on the car, controlling the crowd, controlling the drivers, controlling the pits, making the course safe and fun, and enforcing the rules are what make safe and fun events.
please believe
racedaygraphics
Fresh Meat

I want you guys to see the cage in mine and Jeremy's cars. J.R. over at J&D Chassis does a fantastic job building custom cages. He's real reasonable too. I'm going to try to have him at this FOERST event.

We won't mandate firesuits. I know not many of you guys have them and they can be expensive.

For tandem runs I think some kind of cage and 5 point harness is a good idea. For single runs I don't think they're AS needed. We'll probably put them in the rules as suggested but not manditory.
struka
Slippery When Westicles

Post by struka »

by having 2 tracks at once, you will need more workers...can you provide that? and will the workers know how to work in such conditions? (dont want it to be like cordele when they kept sending out cars when i spun out and couldnt get my car started...and the only reason they stopped is cause of andy and erin...)

i think we should just follow our (DG Trials) rules for tech and so on...they are strict but work.
racedaygraphics
Fresh Meat

What I was thinking, and we'll have to wait and see when you guys come out for the trial run, is that we could have a couple of just figure 8 corses for the beginners in the back parking lot. Maybe even a small, multi turn course. The main track will be inside the 1/4 mile track which won't need people to reset cones. There reall won't be any. When we go out there we can lay it out and get your opinions.

As far as tech, I want ours to be the same as other groups so that if a car is legal in DG or in Streetwise or in Drift MB it's legal here. That way we can draw cars from all over.
struka
Slippery When Westicles

Post by struka »

we just dont want junkie cars to show up there and screw up because of the faulty car.....
i can bring my car there as soon as i get it back from tony... ;)
P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Post by P.Haire »

yeah, i need to get going on my car.
please believe
J. Sharer
Ripe Meat

Post by J. Sharer »

hey whats up guys. im the one helping berry with piecing together this series. we plan on doing a tech alot like every other series. Me and berry haven't said for sure. but i would like to see manditory cages/harness for tandem. and you have to prove yourself as a driver. this looks like a fun track. im ready to get some test runs on it to say for sure.
racedaygraphics
Fresh Meat

What do you guys think about having this thing Labor Day weekend. Sunday, September 6th?

The Tennessee State Fair is the next 3 weekends and then September is over.

We could have it August 30th as well?
struka
Slippery When Westicles

Post by struka »

i am not really sure, both work for me as of right now....
Yoshi
Clam Salesman

Post by Yoshi »

as far as I know both work for me as of now.
-Bump steer makes driving more exciting.-
Josh of All Trades Blacksmithing
racedaygraphics
Fresh Meat

I think Labor Day Weekend is going to be our winner. Sunday, September 6th.

All in favor?!
racedaygraphics
Fresh Meat

I'm going to register a booth at the Import Alliance show to help get the word out.

Anyone that can help hand out some fliers is more than welcome. I think it's $10 per person to get in.
struka
Slippery When Westicles

Post by struka »

i should be at the IA and we can put flyers on my car
down_shift
Muscle Milk

Post by down_shift »

you know what would help get the word out...a dmgg style drift demo to promote it. :D
::::: understeer is definitely a crime - Colin McRae