New drift series in Nashville?!

Competing in an event? Do you enjoy meat? Let everyone know about it here!

Moderators: charlie, andysapp, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

racedaygraphics
Fresh Meat

Post by racedaygraphics »

Oh, and P.Haire's right about the course.

The 1/4 mile track is nice and wide and flat. Plenty of roof for a good fast entry going either direction.

We want to do the FOERST round going one direction and then flip the course for the second round so everyone gets to go both ways. I know how some of you guys like that kind of thing.

We will stage on the big track but no drifting on the high banks. Too dangerous. Cars will line up in the turns on the big track. Accelerate down the front straight and then pitch into the 1/4 mile turns. There will be clipping points on the inside of the turns to keep cars away from the walls.
down_shift
Muscle Milk

Post by down_shift »

I want to say more then once a month is too much. but I really dont know how many locals youll have coming out. and the cost is lower then our monthly-ish events here. if you dont have a lot of cost to rent the track insurance etc might as well try the bi-monthly stuff.
::::: understeer is definitely a crime - Colin McRae
struka
Slippery When Westicles

Post by struka »

twice a month might be too much cause people will get burned out since our scene isnt too big. once a month is fine i think....
racedaygraphics
Fresh Meat

That might work out good. We'll have them once a month for the FOERST 4 times through the end of the year and see where we are at that point.
Greg
Muscle Milk

Post by Greg »

burned out and out of tires.
Bikes, Meat, Drama, Meat, Gossip, Meat, Metal, Meat, Buttsex, Meat, Family and some Drifting.
racedaygraphics
Fresh Meat

I'm working on a tire deal. I know that's the main expense. I have a friend that owns a tire store. I'm talking to him about being one of the title sponsors. We'll see how it goes.

If he does come on board, he'll have new and possible used tires he can bring and sell. He'll be handling the tire changers as well.
racedaygraphics
Fresh Meat

As far as being burned out, if you really love it you won't get burned out.

I have raced round track every Saturday night for 30 weeks straight.

Tires $440 per week.
Fuel $150 per week.
Entry fees $100 per week for 4 guys.

When it was over I was sad. I wanted to go again.
Yoshi
Clam Salesman

Post by Yoshi »

I'm willing to help out as well. Just let me know.
-Bump steer makes driving more exciting.-
Josh of All Trades Blacksmithing
Turner
Fresh Meat

Post by Turner »

Yeah, Yosh and I can help... If I actually get over the whole lazy thing I can get a lot done. Few energy drinks, hit of cocaine and we'll get some stuff rolling.
Midtenn
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by Midtenn »

racedaygraphics wrote:As far as being burned out, if you really love it you won't get burned out.

I have raced round track every Saturday night for 30 weeks straight.

Tires $440 per week.
Fuel $150 per week.
Entry fees $100 per week for 4 guys.

When it was over I was sad. I wanted to go again.
Have you actually met and talked with many drifters? Most don't make that kind of money to support a habit once a week.
<12 -- We really don't know what it means either.
marlow<12 wrote:Well the AE86 is <12's specialty, and <12 is awesome, so therefore the AE86 is awesome
P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Post by P.Haire »

racedaygraphics, i work in nashville so i'm there most weekdays, let me know if you want to meet up and we can go over some stuff. i would love to get a group together. andrew would you and big mike be willing to meet up in nashville sometime?
please believe
struka
Slippery When Westicles

Post by struka »

^he PMed me and i told him we would. i am back in nash too so i can meet as well, just give me a heads up cause i still dont have a phone
Midtenn
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by Midtenn »

P.Haire wrote:racedaygraphics, i work in nashville so i'm there most weekdays, let me know if you want to meet up and we can go over some stuff. i would love to get a group together. andrew would you and big mike be willing to meet up in nashville sometime?
Sorry, but I am out of the event coordination business. I've got enough responsibility running the TRSCCA.
marlow<12 wrote:Well the AE86 is <12's specialty, and <12 is awesome, so therefore the AE86 is awesome
racedaygraphics
Fresh Meat

No prob, midtenn. I'll handle the coordination. Just want to make sure you come out as much as you can.

I just want some good advice and feedback to make sure our event goes as good as possible.

I can't make everyone happy, I know that. We'll do the best we can to help the sport and give everyone a place to learn and compete. If we work together we can make it really good for everyone.
Midtenn
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by Midtenn »

racedaygraphics wrote:No prob, midtenn. I'll handle the coordination. Just want to make sure you come out as much as you can.

I just want some good advice and feedback to make sure our event goes as good as possible.

I can't make everyone happy, I know that. We'll do the best we can to help the sport and give everyone a place to learn and compete. If we work together we can make it really good for everyone.
I always concentrated on safety FOERST. After that I just tried to make the event run as smooth as possible and make sure every one got equal amounts of seat time (no. of runs, not physical time of course), within reason. Most of these guys will tell you there is nothing worse than a half ass ran event.