Page 1 of 3

Intro and hello!

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:18 pm
by naturalborn
Just want to introduce myself, my name is Becca and we met a group of drift guys this weekend at AMS this weekend, they told me about this forum so here I am. My hubby is Darrick and is a stunt rider for ATLfreestyle.com.
I am in the process of choosing what car I want to learn with. Right now I am looking at a 240sx. I am thinking cheap but I really like the body style of the newer ones, what should I do? Do I want to think long term (pay more now and get the car I really want)? Do I think cheap just to learn? Any ideas or suggestions will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance! :)

Re: Intro and hello!

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:26 pm
by down_shift
Welcome! I think we met this weekend.

The S13 chassis 240's are great cheap starters that you can eventually build into a top level car.

Re: Intro and hello!

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:35 pm
by andysapp
Welcome to the madness! It was rad meeting you this weekend!
:slayer:

Re: Intro and hello!

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:37 pm
by charlie
welcome.

Re: Intro and hello!

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:40 pm
by Greg
noobs? ugh
:wink:

Re: Intro and hello!

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:23 pm
by FooSchnickens
Greg wrote:GLWS? ugh
:wink:

Re: Intro and hello!

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:57 pm
by Greg
FooSchnickens wrote:
Greg wrote:4 lug? ugh
:wink:

Re: Intro and hello!

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:10 pm
by Pittsy
Hey Becca. Glad you joined up. I'm with Byron on this, go with an affordable s13 ('89 - '93). You won't be dissapointed.


By the way, flip through the pics section. Somewhere in there is a picture of your daughter with the "Drifting Is Not A Crime" sticker I gave her.

Re: Intro and hello!

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:44 pm
by HATERDAN
stuntin'? ugh

Re: Intro and hello!

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:41 pm
by struka
stuntin is a habit...

Re: Intro and hello!

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:26 pm
by Cankles
welcome to the salsa bar. get a 240

Re: Intro and hello!

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:42 am
by Greg
drifting will stuntin' your growth, like big dicks in your ass, it's bad for your health.

Re: Intro and hello!

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:09 am
by naturalborn
andysapp wrote:Welcome to the madness! It was rad meeting you this weekend!
:slayer:
I think you gave me a ride in your car this weekend right? :headbang:

Re: Intro and hello!

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:13 am
by jsquared
Welcome :domo:

Definitely S13 if you want something cheap and capable. Only downside is you will have to paint it an obnoxious color or set a smoke signal on the roof so you can find your car at events.

Re: Intro and hello!

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:17 am
by naturalborn
jsquared wrote:Welcome :domo:

Definitely S13 if you want something cheap and capable. Only downside is you will have to paint it an obnoxious color or set a smoke signal on the roof so you can find your car at events.
My hubby is a great painter and I already have a paint scheme in mind, 2 tone flat red and black!!! I have looked on auto trader and none are available but there are quite a few on craigslist.