European Guys

General automotive discussion. If you can read and write... this is the place.

Moderators: charlie, darkducati, andysapp, CodyW

Zach
Salsa Rodeo

Re: European Guys

Post by Zach »

It's looking like I can get there the 19th, I'm going to keep looking to see if I can find it any cheaper. I'll let you know when I have something set in stone.
Zach
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Zach »

Bad news, I am having to go on a super tight budget so I'm not going to be able to make it to Vienna. I'll be in Amsterdam for 21-28 Paris 28-2 Budapest 2-8. I'm gonna make some day trips within those periods to places nearby also so if anyone is in that general vicinity and wants to meet up lemme know.
Abactus
Rock Smoke

Post by Abactus »

Zach wrote:Bad news, I am having to go on a super tight budget so I'm not going to be able to make it to Vienna. I'll be in Amsterdam for 21-28 Paris 28-2 Budapest 2-8. I'm gonna make some day trips within those periods to places nearby also so if anyone is in that general vicinity and wants to meet up lemme know.
:cry2: :( :cry2: :( :cry2: :( :cry2: :( :cry2: :(
Zach
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Zach »

I really wanted to check out Vienna hard core, but it ended up coming down to me needing to pick a couple places and spend more time at each one so as to save money by not being in transit so much... I am here until June though and have a ton of vacation next semester so I'll have to make it out there at some point. I really wanna try and hit some motorsports events next semester, namely Le mans at the end of my stay.
Zach
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Zach »

possible good news, I'm in Budapest until the 8th and didn't realize it was super close to Vienna. If you're still up for a visit I'd love to come check out Vienna for a day or two, let me know if theres a time good for you between now and like the 7th so that I can make it back to catch my flight back to Madrid.
Abactus
Rock Smoke

Post by Abactus »

Zach wrote:possible good news, I'm in Budapest until the 8th and didn't realize it was super close to Vienna. If you're still up for a visit I'd love to come check out Vienna for a day or two, let me know if theres a time good for you between now and like the 7th so that I can make it back to catch my flight back to Madrid.
nice

unfortunately i'm very busy at work at the moment so i won't be able to take any days off
the only possibility to manage it would be like this:

jan. 6th is a holiday here so i don't have to work
if you come to vienna on 5th (evening) i could meet you at the airport after work
then party from 5th to 6th
6th - "sightseeing"
6th evening or 7th morning i could bring you to the airport

let me know if this would be ok for you
Zach
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Zach »

That could work out perfectly if you're up for it, I'd probably take a train though as I think it would be cheaper and considerably easier for me. I'll look into getting a train ticket there to see if I can afford it and also if I can cancel my reservations for the hostel those nights. If you're actually up to hosting me on your day off let me know, I don't want to impose. I'll let you know on the train ticket early tomorrow at the latest. And thanks for the offer even if it doesn't work out.

-Zach
Abactus
Rock Smoke

Post by Abactus »

hi,

a train ticket from budapest to vienna should be around ~40euro one way

keep me updated, i'm looking foward :rotate:
Zach
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Zach »

I actually believe I have the funds, and I am able to cancel my reservation so I'm going to go tomorrow and see if I can get myself a ticket both ways for those days for that price. I'll let you know when it's all said and done as far as arrival time and what not. Thanks again! I'm excited to get to see Vienna!

On a side note I tried one of those Ottakringer beers you always post up and it was pretty good.
TurboGrinch
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by TurboGrinch »

let me tell you you just missed 2 days of drift matsuri at the nurburgring ;)
Zach
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Zach »

AWWWW damn it all. Oh well just more reason to come back during the spring when the season's in full swing. You guys mind sending me series schedules when they become available so I can plan a trip to come hang out and enjoy some drifting. I need my fix bad!
TurboGrinch
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by TurboGrinch »

alrighty, as soon as we got the final dates i´ll let u know:)
Abactus
Rock Smoke

Post by Abactus »

do you have news for me zach? :)
Zach
Salsa Rodeo

Post by Zach »

I do indeed. I managed to get my tickets for the journey there and back for only ~$36 USD or ~24 Euros. I'll arrive at 9:08 P.M. (21:08) on the night of the 5th and my return ticket is for 9:50 in the morning on the 7th. I hope that's not any kind of inconvenience for you and I'll see you tomorrow evening. I'm going to go enjoy some more of Budapest today and I'll be online again later. If there's any issue don't hesitate to let me know.

-Thanks,
Zach

P.S. super excited for Euro DM visit!
Abactus
Rock Smoke

Post by Abactus »

hi,

sounds good to me :)

that’s cheaper than I tought

will you arrive at ‘Wien Meidling’ or ‘Wien Westbahnhof’?

do you have a mobile phone number (that works in Europe) that I can call you if something goes wrong?

see you tomorrow evening then :)