Page 1 of 5

T.A.D. 2.0 Operation : Ressurection!

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:33 am
by aburazaru
Long story made short with pictures, because I am a very simple creature and pictures are easy to follow when you're hammered. :teethslay:

I started with this...

Image

Image

Decided to go do some of this...

Image

Image

Image

Which lead to a little bit of this...

Image

Image

So I did this...

Image

Image

Yeah I know there really wasn't a real need to take THAT much out of it but I am new to the yota world and am a big believer of "rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it". Ya heard?

then I picked up this gem...

Image

Image

Phase one of operation : resurrection is finished now that the old car is stripped and junked. Phase two begins this Saturday at ill shoppo maximo! (the local auto hobby shop) I'll post up as time and progress documentation become available. Have a nice day and rock on dudes! :slayer:

Re: T.A.D. 2.0 Operation : Ressurection!

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:07 am
by P.Haire
parts pallet is crackin' me up. i hope you get back to drifting very soon dude.

Re: T.A.D. 2.0 Operation : Ressurection!

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:39 pm
by down_shift
cant wait for the next update.

Re: T.A.D. 2.0 Operation : Ressurection!

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:50 pm
by revel
in before the awesomeness gets any bigger

Re: T.A.D. 2.0 Operation : Ressurection!

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:40 pm
by Pittsy
So stoked to follow this.

Re: T.A.D. 2.0 Operation : Ressurection!

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:26 pm
by andysapp
HOLY SHIT! You scrapped the ol' one?!
That gas station in the FOERST two shots is GNAR.

Hella stoked to see you sliding again for sure. You deserve it after Alaska!

Re: T.A.D. 2.0 Operation : Ressurection!

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:32 pm
by kOOpA
looking forward to more awesome ^^

Re: T.A.D. 2.0 Operation : Ressurection!

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:40 am
by aburazaru
Super miniature update. Let me start with a quick disclaimer; I am in no way, a pro photo guy. I have no idea what the hell I am doing when it comes to setting up car pictures. I just took these to get a before and after set for later on when the car is done-ish. Haha and I just saw the post about the gas station! It's my favorite little spot to get some hard parking going. So be gentle.



Before...

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

If all works out well the after shots should be just shy of a month away. TAD 2.0 for 2010! That hoopty rolls into the shop tommorrow morning for the strip down! Lets rock and roll! :slayer: :slayer: :slayer: :slayer:

Re: T.A.D. 2.0 Operation : Ressurection!

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:51 am
by andysapp
That gas station... and those photos totally RULE!!!

Re: T.A.D. 2.0 Operation : Ressurection!

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:25 am
by aburazaru
Update! I drove the car to the shop this morning and got cracking. I feel I made decent progress, considering I am old and slow now! I am also using our little travel camera so sorry for the kinda blurry shots.

Pulled the car in and started with the interior. I forgot to take pics today but it is fairly well stripped down to the metal. (body harness needs to be changed) Thank you toyota for pre-installing 87 computers and 17 bajillion thousand feet of wiring.

Image

Here is the engine that had to go. Look at it, just sitting there. Poor little guy never saw it coming.

Image

Then this happened...

Image

Image

Then a little problem popped up, this fucker had NO fuel return line. NONE. Just a feed and a breather. So I says to da guy "return? No pressure? Fuck it gimme my drill..."

Image

Image

SHAZAM! It's not pretty but locating hard line in quantities long enough to make this damn line is a little harder than one would expect down here. As soon as I locate the stock it will be fixed up pretty.

Then the fun part. In she goes! OH SHITTTTTTOOOOOOOOO!

Image

Image

It's all bolted in and attached to the car. Now tomorrow morning I have to cut a bigger hole in the mission tunnel for the shifter to actually fit through. The auto that was in there sits a little lower I guess. I hope to get the chassis rolling by tomorrow's end. Then next weekend start the wiring disaster!

Have fun dudes!!! Rock on! :slayer:

Re: T.A.D. 2.0 Operation : Ressurection!

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:40 pm
by Generz
This is really awesome. The shot of the chaser on the lift.. with the Skyline and what looks to be like an Evo next to it is awesome!

Damnit.. too awesome. Wish I lived in Vancouver.. then I wouldn't buy a new car!

Re: T.A.D. 2.0 Operation : Ressurection!

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:47 pm
by Abactus
quazar311 wrote:This is really awesome.

Re: T.A.D. 2.0 Operation : Ressurection!

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:13 pm
by andysapp
Holy shit! Mega progress FAST!
:slayer: :slayer: :slayer:

Re: T.A.D. 2.0 Operation : Ressurection!

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:20 pm
by Zigerus
andysapp wrote:Holy shit! Mega progress FAST!
:slayer: :slayer: :slayer:
Yes, keep it up. It should be fun!

Re: T.A.D. 2.0 Operation : Ressurection!

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:50 pm
by revel
i got ants in the pants with anticipation