I'm really lucky to have this

Post any and all car-related pictures here.

Moderators: charlie, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

mikespeed95
Get Some

I'm really lucky to have this

Post by mikespeed95 »

So today, after months of thinking about it, saving up I went for it. I totally don't deserve this and its really a blessing, and I was really wondering how I would afford it until my little cousin texted me saying "Hey if you wanna get that shop you've always wanted I'll pitch in half if I can store the Belvedere there and stuff"

I am really thankful for this. Its on the northside of Huntsfail and I am soooo thankful for it. Crappy cameraphone pics and I just kinda stood there humbled as I was about to unload my gray coupe shell I'm turning into new Ls1 car. It was really surreal, this is just a shop space, but I've been trying to have somwhere I could work on cars and build this shell for 2.5 years now, and just to have the opportunity to do it, I'm really thankful. Crappy pics the weather was terrible and I just got it today, and haven't even turned on the electricity yet, and I need to clean it ( The lady who owns the place swore there was no electrical box, although I looked at this unit before ) and when her son showed me the unit they opened today, I was like wheres the lights, and then rented the dirty one that had lights, haha!

I'm so thankful for this, I wish I didn't have to work tomorrow so I could set it up more, but I think in about 1.5 months it'll be setup like I want, I just have to move all my stuff in. I've even got tools/shelves at my Mom's storage place I've had since 2005. Can't wait to get it setup, I'm stoked/thankful/humbled.

The place is really cool too, security, cops frequent, and they have a whole 80' section of fence they said I could park my trailers at as well, and I told them what I did, and they were cool with temp parts cars sitting there for months as long as they had a cover and rolled!

Ok, crappy pic time

collink
OK Finally Past the Hazing

Re: I'm really lucky to have this

Post by collink »

Where at in Huntsfail?
AndrewC
Fresh Meat

Post by AndrewC »

wickid..
cant wait to see the final outcome of the new shop. having a nice comfortable work place helps alot with your big projects. i just cant seem to keep crap out of mine. hehe

you got a heater in there?
froggi
mikespeed95
Get Some

Post by mikespeed95 »

I'm gonna put some insulation foam on the walls, redo the weatherstripping on the roll-up, and build an entry hall type deal for the front door for security and insulation reasons, then I'll have a propane heater and two of those little electric dealiedoos. In theory it should keep it above 60 if its freezingish outside, but with that high ceiling and all that metal its gonna be tough. They say metal is naturally cold-blooded, and thats gonna make it tough. I'm not really worried about keeping it warm as much as I am keeping it cool in the summer.

I'm in Tejas, so its probably not the Huntsfail you're thinking of, but its about 15 minutes from my house, which is pretty sweet.
collink

Post by collink »

mikespeed95 wrote:I'm gonna put some insulation foam on the walls, redo the weatherstripping on the roll-up, and build an entry hall type deal for the front door for security and insulation reasons, then I'll have a propane heater and two of those little electric dealiedoos. In theory it should keep it above 60 if its freezingish outside, but with that high ceiling and all that metal its gonna be tough. They say metal is naturally cold-blooded, and thats gonna make it tough. I'm not really worried about keeping it warm as much as I am keeping it cool in the summer.

I'm in Tejas, so its probably not the Huntsfail you're thinking of, but its about 15 minutes from my house, which is pretty sweet.
THAAAAAAAANK God. Just watch out for convicts...
Lightning

Post by Lightning »

ooooo....more room under a cover and a light is always good.

What year is the Belvedere?
unhinged......no, not really.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

dick, Mike! I'm stoked for you!!! That is killer!
:D
mikespeed95
Get Some

Post by mikespeed95 »

66, i got more pics of it somewherez
Lightning

Post by Lightning »

mikespeed95 wrote:66, i got more pics of it somewherez

:D
mobceo
Stale Meat

Post by mobceo »

congratz Mike i have started on a new car also love the new digs! i need to hit you up
SLAM Racing......do you have what it takes??
Zigerus
Clam Salesman

Post by Zigerus »

That's really cool, Congrats ^.^
Control Freaks!~ http://www.cfdrift.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Throttle fixes everything. Love is kissing your rear bumper into a snowbank at 40 mph and not leaving a scratch. If hookers carried active differentials in their purses and knew how to use 'em, I wouldn't be married. Left-foot braking fixes everything the throttle doesn't fix, including impotence and poor self-esteem. Banging off a rev limiter while looking out a car's side window and slamming into a steering stop will cure cancer. If the car isn't moving around under power, you are a small, testicle-free squirrel. The handbrake fixes everything left-foot braking doesn't fix, including philosophical issues with most major religions and the heartbreakingly impossible question of what you should have for dinner*.
mikespeed95
Get Some

Post by mikespeed95 »

Jerry!!!!!

My clock. It's awesome.
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

Please tell me it stopped at the exact time of his passing. That would be incredible.
Lightning

Post by Lightning »

andysapp wrote:Please tell me it stopped at the exact time of his passing. That would be incredible.

:eh: I don't think it's too far away from when he did pass.....
mobceo
Stale Meat

Post by mobceo »

yo did you see my new car ? ls11111111111111111111111111111111111111111 :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
SLAM Racing......do you have what it takes??