am I crazy

Post any and all car-related pictures here.

Moderators: charlie, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Re: am I crazy

Post by P.Haire »

your opinion is hilarious and childish. hush. you are harshing my mellow.
please believe
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

That is wild! I miss Jerry.
PmartyX
Purple Drank

Post by PmartyX »

collink wrote:Seems like another group who is just going to award drives with money over drivers with skill.
Shut up Collin
I am very safety driver!!!!!!!!!

"if you see team rowdy in anyone's sig, just don't even read the post. From my experience anything they've said to me was assholish and most of what i read is the same."
Generz
Eet Bacon

Post by Generz »

PmartyX wrote:
collink wrote:Seems like another group who is just going to award drives with money over drivers with skill.
Shut up Collin
How is this awarding drivers with money as opposed to drivers with skill? It's just another name for FormulaD Pro Am..

NOPI Drift was not as expensive for the most part.. but look what happened to it.

Collin.. you don't even drift.
Greg
Muscle Milk

Post by Greg »

BOOOOOOOOOOOSH
Bikes, Meat, Drama, Meat, Gossip, Meat, Metal, Meat, Buttsex, Meat, Family and some Drifting.
matts13
OK Finally Past the Hazing

Post by matts13 »

http://www.wreckedmagazine.com/blog/201 ... e-is-here/

the schedule for xdc. no love for us./(
ChadMK4
Purple Drank

Post by ChadMK4 »

down_shift wrote:
quazar311 wrote:... it's the formulaD Pro Am then.. just a different name. same people.

For how crazy and retarded NOPI Drift was...it brought some variety to the scene. Got to see a lot of drivers that would not have gotten any coverage.
how many regional guys can afford to do XDC as a series? not too many.

seems that the current system is better. win your regional then get a chance to go against others at a single event that licenses new drivers. that helps to keep costs down a lot.
Thats how the original Pro-Am was designed. I'm hoping that they stick with the general format. The whole point of the Pro-am was to make "going pro" accessible. Most guys can't afford to drive across the country on a basic salary without sponsors. But they could probably make it to most of the semi local events. And if they scored high enough points then the Pro-am would pay for most of their trip out to NV to run against the pro's and hopefully landing a license and hopefully some sponsorships as well. Therefore if they can sell themselves well enough then they should be able to attain the funds through sponsorships and donations to make the trips across the country.
Oh well, I don't care. I won't ever be competing in it.
P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Post by P.Haire »

my thoughts on how pro am is setup. if you can't afford to travel for pro am you can't afford to travel for FD.
please believe
down_shift
Muscle Milk

Post by down_shift »

your FD license helps your ability to pull sponsors greatly. most companies as is don't want to talk to you until you have a few FD events completed on your own dime.
::::: understeer is definitely a crime - Colin McRae
HATERDAN
Purple Drank

Post by HATERDAN »

down_shift wrote:your FD license helps your ability to pull sponsors greatly. most companies as is don't want to talk to you until you have a few FD events completed on your own dime.

b rad can tell you all about this
-dan
jsquared
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by jsquared »

I guess Im the only one that gave up on my driving career many moons ago.
siccccckkkkkkkk
P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Post by P.Haire »

i'm not worried about it, most of the japanese pros are in their 30s, i'm not even 25 yet.
please believe
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

P.Haire wrote:my thoughts on how pro am is setup. if you can't afford to travel for pro am you can't afford to travel for FD.
I agree and disagree with you here. I totally understand your thinking... but lets play 'what-if'...

Let's say I've been saving every nickel and dime... and have $20K in the bank, which should cover travel/transport/lodging for the FD season. I'm stoked. I've already got my invite for Pro Am finals. More stoked. Then they announce that Pro Am finals are at Irwindale. Shit. My 20K budget was set up around a certain number of cross-country transports. My budget can't accommodate an extra trip to California. So now even if I go to finals... I won't have enough money to run the full season of FD. Granted, I could still run some of the season, but sponsors want to hear you're committed to the whole season, because they want max ROI.

For this reason, I wish that Pro Am was structured more sensitively around the fact that privateers are EXTREMELY limited by budget. If they want to see an influx of new talent, then I feel that regional 'finals' to get a license versus a national is necessary.

I think it is safe to say that no matter what... new drivers in the FD series will potentially last one (full) season anyway. By making drivers blow their money on Pro Am, it restricts them from even getting to the big league... even if only for one season.
P.Haire
Trunk Junk

Post by P.Haire »

that is a totally valid arguement if you think that FD wants new drivers. I do not believe that they do. I have felt this way for years. it's going to take a huge change from them for me to change my mind.
please believe
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

I have to agree with you there too. I think they want the guys with the most experience to put on a good show. There is always a definitive difference between the grassroots privateers and the big dogs that doesn't make for a good top 16.