DDAY4 - Ocala Gran Prix, FL - November 20th

Competing in an event? Do you enjoy meat? Let everyone know about it here!

Moderators: andysapp, charlie, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

User avatar
andysapp
I need to go outside
Posts: 29034
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:07 pm
Location: KILL 'EM ALL.

Post by andysapp »

Hahaha... rock and roll! There might be a fight going down for the other bed... but I'm bringing the Aero Bed as well, so it'll all be straight!

Either way, it's on like Tron. I'm stoked to slide out this weekend!
User avatar
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles
Posts: 8581
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:44 am
Location: emergency surgery in the studio
Contact:

Post by CodyW »

i'm not positive on my plans yet, but if i go the aero bed is mine :).
User avatar
icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo
Posts: 5987
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:03 pm

Post by icantdrift »

andy, i need some details as to when/where you guys are leaving. you got a phone i can call you at today/tomorrow?
User avatar
andysapp
I need to go outside
Posts: 29034
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:07 pm
Location: KILL 'EM ALL.

Post by andysapp »

PM sent, yo!
User avatar
andysapp
I need to go outside
Posts: 29034
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:07 pm
Location: KILL 'EM ALL.

Post by andysapp »

I'll have the e46 all packed up and ready to roll out Friday night after work. I work in Li'l 5 Points downtowne... so I'll be ready to stroll from there. In theory, I'm supposed to be out of work at 7pm... but it's a rare day that I leave then. However, I'll make it a point to leave out early on Friday... prolly around 5-6 pm.

We'll have to work things out however's best for everyone who's rolling down Florida stylee.
User avatar
icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo
Posts: 5987
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:03 pm

Post by icantdrift »

man the earlier you can leave the better. road trips aren't as fun when you can't see the cops ;). plus it would be nice to get down there with enough time to sleep before heading out to the track.
User avatar
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles
Posts: 8581
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:44 am
Location: emergency surgery in the studio
Contact:

Post by CodyW »

ok, the more i think about it, it's looking like i will actually be able to go this weekend (hopefully). andy, you still have an open spot in your car? if so i'll ride with you, but if not i'll figure something out.
User avatar
andysapp
I need to go outside
Posts: 29034
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:07 pm
Location: KILL 'EM ALL.

Post by andysapp »

icantdrift wrote:man the earlier you can leave the better. road trips aren't as fun when you can't see the cops ;). plus it would be nice to get down there with enough time to sleep before heading out to the track.
I hear ya! I'll have to see what I can do. I have a great radar/laser detector... so I can always run in front as blocker. We never seem to get to the hotel at a reasonable hour. This one should be better, though.
CodyW wrote:ok, the more i think about it, it's looking like i will actually be able to go this weekend (hopefully). andy, you still have an open spot in your car? if so i'll ride with you, but if not i'll figure something out.
RAWK!!! I'm not sure if there's a seat open or not. I know Mike said he would go... I'll have to talk to him and see if it's for sure or not. I'll let you know!

It's gonna be rad!
:D
User avatar
andysapp
I need to go outside
Posts: 29034
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:07 pm
Location: KILL 'EM ALL.

Post by andysapp »

We're about to hit the road for Florida! Ya'll stay out of trouble while I'm gone. NO LOCKED THREADS, lol!
:D

We'll take lots of pictures and shoot mad video while we're down there.

One love...
--
*.andy``
User avatar
Rhoad Racing
Salsa Rodeo
Posts: 5781
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:51 pm
Location: Sisu.
Contact:

Post by Rhoad Racing »

have fun guys!
User avatar
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles
Posts: 8581
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:44 am
Location: emergency surgery in the studio
Contact:

Post by CodyW »

well, i won't get too detailed yet but i'll just quickly say that i had a freaking blast this weekend! everything (the track, people, cars) was great and there were some really good runs from everyone (dM represented hardcore with andy, erin, and batlground showing everyone how ATL does things). i took tons of pics and we also gathered up a good bit of video footage so check back soon for all that good stuff.

oh yea, never ask for directions in ocala though. those people suck at that.
User avatar
andysapp
I need to go outside
Posts: 29034
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:07 pm
Location: KILL 'EM ALL.

Post by andysapp »

Yeaaayaaah! What a great time! I had a rad-axxxed time rawkin' out sidewayz style with Erin, Dan, & Tracy! It was rad to see Eugene, Dennis, Tony, and Erik as well. The e46 held up nicely, and my gawd, do I love the Michelin Pilot H4's. They make the car drive itself... it was amazing.

My last run of the day, three people piled in the car... filling it to the brim with helmet sporting drift fanatics. It was too too funny! Family drift outing in the european sports car, lol.

There was an s13 coupe with a silvia front end painted like the General Lee. It was awesome! I donated a mounted tyre to the Ter-Tech guys for their turbo e34... Harri took me out for four runs in that beast of a bimmer. That thing is evil reincarnate for sure!

Yo... I have to say: Mr. Icantdrift sure CAN drift. He was ripping it up out there for sure, and definitely should have been in the intermediate/advanced class with us. Next event it's on!

We'll get pics up as soon as we can... and well - the video is another story. But rest assured it will be slammin! We got some super-rad footage with crazy new angles.

Oh, and Cody's right... it officially sucks getting lost in Ocala. You would think SOMEONE would know where the track was. We even stopped at a Racetrak gas station figuring they'd know since racetrak is in their name... but no - they had no idea! Everyone looked at me like I was an alien when I asked. I felt like I was in Russia or something. I got fed up and asked a guy at a red light if he knew where the Kremlin was. He said he never heard of it, lol.

Anyway... there was discussion at the end of the day about another event there before the end of the year, which would be way rad. I know December is a hectic as all hell month... but hopefully we'll all be able to make it down there. The track is way rad, and the pavement is smooth and consistent.

Kay... I'm soo sooo tired (it's a pun... get it?!?)... so I'm audi five grip.

DriftMechaniks slide to side, global takeover.
Word.
User avatar
icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo
Posts: 5987
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:03 pm

Post by icantdrift »

other than the fooked up traffic on the way back (still haven't figured out what the heck happened but i bet dan and tracy are still sitting in it ;)) this event was the shiznit. i'm fiending to see all the cool video andy took on his car and mine. it's all about the full car drifting, 4 people in an NA bimmer with an open diff can still get their slide on :D .

time for some sleep
User avatar
icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo
Posts: 5987
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:03 pm

Post by icantdrift »

andysapp wrote:Kay... I'm soo sooo tired (it's a pun... get it?!?)... so I'm audi five grip.

DriftMechaniks slide to side, global takeover.
Word.

bahaha, lack of sleep kicking in already man? i took a shower and i'm awake now :oops: .
User avatar
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles
Posts: 8581
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:44 am
Location: emergency surgery in the studio
Contact:

Post by CodyW »

oh yea, i looked up the traffic stuff on the news but there wasn't anything about it last time i checked. AM750 did say later on that if you were in it to remain in your car and to please lock your doors though :shock: .
Post Reply