Thinking about buying these wheels. Yay or nah?

General automotive discussion. If you can read and write... this is the place.

Moderators: andysapp, charlie, CodyW, darkducati

Thinking about buying these wheels. Yay or nah?

Do it to it. Be ahead of the curve.
16
89%
No! Fall back in line bitch.
2
11%
 
Total votes: 18

User avatar
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles
Posts: 8581
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:44 am
Location: emergency surgery in the studio
Contact:

Re: Thinking about buying these wheels. Yay or nah?

Post by CodyW »

PS, you need to run whitewallls with those.

Image
User avatar
collink
OK Finally Past the Hazing
Posts: 1732
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:01 pm
Location: Madison, Abalambala

Re: Thinking about buying these wheels. Yay or nah?

Post by collink »

I vote yes on black/chrome cap/red stripe.

I also vote yes on whitewalls.

I ALSO vote yes on rearovers.

GET TO IT RHOAD!
User avatar
Rhoad Racing
Salsa Rodeo
Posts: 5781
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:51 pm
Location: Sisu.
Contact:

Re: Thinking about buying these wheels. Yay or nah?

Post by Rhoad Racing »

Image
gawd damn thats hot!
quazar311 wrote: Chris...you know that the hachi in the picture has rearovers right? Gonna have to PULL the crapola outta yours.
yea, I noticed that as well. i can pick up a set of overs for pretty cheap but Im going to wait till I get the wheels and go from there. Might get the overs. Might just pull the shit out of the fenders. We'll see.

I emailed JEGS last night with a couple of questions about the wheels. ie the diameter of the center bore. Assuming they write back with good news, I'll order them tonight.
User avatar
struka
Slippery When Westicles
Posts: 8263
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:59 pm
Location: Rocketbrah

Re: Thinking about buying these wheels. Yay or nah?

Post by struka »

get a job=spend money fast... :)
I like them! White walls? Played out and did that...i'm partying now.
User avatar
Rhoad Racing
Salsa Rodeo
Posts: 5781
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:51 pm
Location: Sisu.
Contact:

Re: Thinking about buying these wheels. Yay or nah?

Post by Rhoad Racing »

agreed. I highly doubt I could find whitewalls in the size tire I'll need anyway.
struka wrote:get a job=spend money fast... :)
Close. I received a 401K check for 5 bills. :wink:
User avatar
FooSchnickens
Rock Smoke
Posts: 3747
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:52 am
Location: Hotlanta, GA
Contact:

Re: Thinking about buying these wheels. Yay or nah?

Post by FooSchnickens »

Nice!

I was hoping for something similar to that but I must be the only person that the unemployment office has ever paid attention to. I was about to get my FOERST check from them but instead I received a letter saying I wasn't eligible because I was employed. Well, yeah, NOW I am, but I wasn't a month ago when I started this whole process.

Oh well, I'll take what I can get right now.

Now hurry up and get those wheels!
f00tography
In our minds. In our reality. In our world we are QUEEN DUCHESS TEAPOT HABERDASHERY!! RULER OF ALL!! PARTY OF ONE!!!
Image
fooschnicks: totally oawesome
fooschnicks: whatever that means
gregthore: oaseome
gregthore: without me it's just oaweso
gregthore: Eugene has a meagan muff
User avatar
Frosty_SPL
Purple Drank
Posts: 2255
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:28 am
Location: Lake Berkley Special Stage

Re: Thinking about buying these wheels. Yay or nah

Post by Frosty_SPL »

HELL YES!!!

GOLD PLATE DEM

MEXI-STEEZ
Sugar. Water. Jacket.
Image
User avatar
Abactus
Rock Smoke
Posts: 3042
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:34 pm
Location: near vienna...
Contact:

Re: Thinking about buying these wheels. Yay or nah?

Post by Abactus »

do it !

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
andysapp
I need to go outside
Posts: 29035
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:07 pm
Location: KILL 'EM ALL.

Re: Thinking about buying these wheels. Yay or nah?

Post by andysapp »

That Ghia is HOT.
User avatar
charlie
Eet Bacon
Posts: 7526
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 10:09 pm
Location: ๏̯͡๏﴿

Re: Thinking about buying these wheels. Yay or nah?

Post by charlie »

andysapp wrote:That Ghia is HOT.
K-TO-THE-MOTHERFUCKIN-OI! OI! OI!
User avatar
kOOpA
Rock Smoke
Posts: 3770
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:47 am

Re: Thinking about buying these wheels. Yay or nah?

Post by kOOpA »

not really something i'd choose, but they do look tight, especially with whitewalls ^^
Image
User avatar
foilman
Not Really Past the Hazing
Posts: 1472
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:52 pm

Re: Thinking about buying these wheels. Yay or nah?

Post by foilman »

I like baby moons. I hate heavy steel wheels and you have a tiny car. Buy more power to offset some of the penalty.
User avatar
Rhoad Racing
Salsa Rodeo
Posts: 5781
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:51 pm
Location: Sisu.
Contact:

Re: Thinking about buying these wheels. Yay or nah?

Post by Rhoad Racing »

foilman wrote:I like baby moons. I hate heavy steel wheels and you have a tiny car. Buy more power to offset some of the penalty.
Their weight is def going to present a problem. If nothing else I can use these as my street wheels and use the Centerlines to slide on.
User avatar
Generz
Eet Bacon
Posts: 7970
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:11 am
Location: XOXO GossipGene
Contact:

Re: Thinking about buying these wheels. Yay or nah?

Post by Generz »

Use NOS.

You have maybe 100 hp before the NOS.. like maybe 350 after NOS. Oh Motty.
Image
User avatar
Greg
Muscle Milk
Posts: 11575
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:05 pm
Location: Seventh Circle Inner Ring.
Contact:

Re: Thinking about buying these wheels. Yay or nah?

Post by Greg »

Image
Bikes, Meat, Drama, Meat, Gossip, Meat, Metal, Meat, Buttsex, Meat, Family and some Drifting.
Post Reply