Sept 25th: Offical DDay 3 -RESCHEDULED! PLEASE NOTE!

Competing in an event? Do you enjoy meat? Let everyone know about it here!

Moderators: andysapp, charlie, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

User avatar
andysapp
I need to go outside
Posts: 29034
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:07 pm
Location: KILL 'EM ALL.

Post by andysapp »

Image

Well, despite another possible hurricane threat... it looks like we're ready to go for Ocala. I'm all packed up... the WARwagon is in our possesion... and I'm in need of massive amounts of sleep. Sounds like a normal trip! Hahaha.

The storm should hit late Saturday... then the actual hurricane'll hit Florida on Sunday... by which time we should be long gone. I just hope all the Floridians don't suck up all the gasoline. LOL. We should be fine, though.

Anyway... the tentative plan is leave out around 7-7:30 from driftMechaniks HQ. I'm gonna try and get out of work early... but we'll see.

I can't wait... I've been fiending for a day of seat time since Charlotte.

If it turns out the hurricane's gonna hit Florida earlier... I'm headed for Chicago... who's down? ;)
MTRLevolution
Get Some
Posts: 991
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:57 am
Location: www.dashiz.com

Post by MTRLevolution »

can't make this one, work is interfering with my plans once again. this bites. :(
Image
User avatar
andysapp
I need to go outside
Posts: 29034
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:07 pm
Location: KILL 'EM ALL.

Post by andysapp »

No sweat, gee... there'll be other events to rawk out at!
:D
MTRLevolution
Get Some
Posts: 991
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:57 am
Location: www.dashiz.com

Post by MTRLevolution »

yeah, you're right. i'll keep it real in the atl for this weekend i suppose.
Image
BrokeAssHachi
Imitation Crab Meat
Posts: 459
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:24 am
Location: waipahu, hawaii
Contact:

Post by BrokeAssHachi »

:lol: "when keepin' it real goes wrong" :lol:


well atleast it looks like the eye is gonna miss you guys in georgia :D
Image
MTRLevolution
Get Some
Posts: 991
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:57 am
Location: www.dashiz.com

Post by MTRLevolution »

that was a good episode of chappelle's show.
Image
User avatar
andysapp
I need to go outside
Posts: 29034
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:07 pm
Location: KILL 'EM ALL.

Post by andysapp »

I wouldn't mind waiting through a hurricane to get to the eye... then going out and drifting while it's calm. I wouldn't get bothered by the cops... that's for sure. If they said anything I'd just be like "Uhhh... we're in the eye of a friggin hurricane, yo... back off!" Hahaha... LOL.

Drifting in the eye has to be pretty peaceful. I can only imagine...
turbofb
Clam Salesman
Posts: 606
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:24 pm
Location: Sunnyvale Trailer Park

Post by turbofb »

drugs are bad , mmmkay
User avatar
andysapp
I need to go outside
Posts: 29034
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:07 pm
Location: KILL 'EM ALL.

Post by andysapp »

Hahaha... no drugs for me!

Since the hurricane is on it's way... and they've started evacuating parts of Florida already... we've decided to pull out of the Ocala event. Those Floridians will suck all the gasoline dry in an attempt to flee, leaving my car and the WARwagon high'n'dry. Not to mention the clusterfxxxck of trying to get home with the rest of Florida trying to leave.

Hurricanes fuggin suck.
They need to plan more events not in hurricane season... like next week, lol.
User avatar
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles
Posts: 8581
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:44 am
Location: emergency surgery in the studio
Contact:

Post by CodyW »

yup, the hurricane sucks :(.

on a good note we ran up to andretti for a quick round at the karts and me and chris did pretty good. i lapped everyone out there but still only got 4th though, but it was still fun.
User avatar
djdorifto
Clam Salesman
Posts: 647
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:14 am
Location: Melbourne, Fl (ex-southern californian)

Post by djdorifto »

haha, i was about to PM u back a reply when I remember there is a curfew starting tomorrow at 8:30pm! ugh.. but I think this is a sign of god because he is giving me a 2nd chance to get my car here and battle ready. We will see =D

hey andy, u never replyed back to the AE86 thread, how much for your 86?
Image
turbofb
Clam Salesman
Posts: 606
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:24 pm
Location: Sunnyvale Trailer Park

Post by turbofb »

I take it everyone was to scared to venture down to Ocala, being only 4 people from the atl. area showed up, thats funny because it only rained at 430 in the afternoon. Everyone had about 15 runs each, but if they had setup sesions instead singal runs everyone would have done better. I have a new found respect for the DG trails crew, nothing but good things to say about them. I will tell you this i am so dick of 240's, its like the damn mustang, everyone has one. It gets so boring watching them, its nice to see some different cars. Oh and if the 240 is the mustang the corrola must be the camaro
User avatar
CubanMike
Get Some
Posts: 953
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:45 am
Location: Baghdad Special Stage

Post by CubanMike »

I wouldn't say scared. This past weekend there was a lot going on and some people chose better events to attend like RSR Drift festival and Petit LeMans. As for the 240 comment, I'll let the SR junkies answer to that, and that Corolla comment was gay!
turbofb
Clam Salesman
Posts: 606
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:24 pm
Location: Sunnyvale Trailer Park

Post by turbofb »

who are you the drift mechaniks spokesman who never speaks? I didn't know you could drive in the petit lemans, who knew. From my understanding its 14hours to the rsr event, hmmm, its only 5.5 to ocala, so what would you call it. Oh and open your eyes, the 240 and corrola are going to be hammered into the ground just like the camaro , and the mustang, if you can't see that then you f'ing dumb.
User avatar
djdorifto
Clam Salesman
Posts: 647
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:14 am
Location: Melbourne, Fl (ex-southern californian)

Post by djdorifto »

uhh yeah... thanks guy, want us all 240 guys to buy rx7's like you or what? If it was the new mustang they would be everywhere... who can hontesly say they see different modded 240's each day? You can't cause its not wide spread... Shit once you go to a event or a meet then you see them... the 240 and corrola is the budget car for a drifter


edit - Please keep the name calling to your self, if you can't have a intelligent convo with someone then don't start these comments. Thank You

-dj
Image
Locked