Southern Fried Slide May 14th@Turner Field Atlanta, GA.

Competing in an event? Do you enjoy meat? Let everyone know about it here!

Moderators: charlie, andysapp, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

Generz
Eet Bacon

Southern Fried Slide May 14th@Turner Field Atlanta, GA.

Post by Generz »

Okay.. its a new year! 2005.... Slide or Die 2005! We had a great time at SFS last year. Everyone got a TON of runs in and learned alot.
Well... the whole off season everyone had been asking me, "When's the next event?" I posted our event schedule last month so now here's
FOERST event of the season.

DGTrials is proud to present the return to Turner Field with Southern Fried Slide 2 - 'Extra Fixins'
SOUTHERN FRIED SLIDE - Extra Fixin's @ Turner Field’s Blue Lot.
“cause you didn't get enough your FOERST time 'round!”

Date: Saturday, May 14th, 2005
Place: Turner Field – Blue Lot; Atlanta, Ga.
Time: Gates Open 7:00AM - ???

REGISTRATION AND TECH: 7:00AM-8:30AM
DRIVERS MEETING: 8:45AM
DRIFTING: FOERST CAR ROLLS AS SOON AS MEETING IS OVER

Professional Formula-D drivers, Erik Jocobs and Tony Schulz, will also be available for driver instructing once again. Make sure you ask for them while on grid!

It was quite difficult for us to negotiate and get Turner Field’s Blue Lot. Any goofing around, horseplay in the pit area, rolling burnouts on the track, and otherwise disrespectful behavior will NOT be tolerated and will result in expulsion from the facility with no refund.
Due to a series of troubles at the last event. I have hired the APD Red Dog Unit to help enforce the rules. Do not mess around in the parking lot, outside, on the street, or across the street. I am dead serious about it. I will personally take pictures of you in the back of a squad car and post your face on the forums.

This event is NOT going to be a competition, rather an Open invitation to anyone wanting to get more seat time in a safe legal environment for drifting. The track will be easy enough for a stock 240sx to slide, but technical enough for the highly modified skilled driver to link (hint: combo) the entire thing. I know some of you have had a taste of our track already and some have been able to do the whole track. :)
We will be having a competition at the end of the year. Prizes and money will be given away to the three top drivers at the event.

NOTES:
1. There will be a 40 DRIVER MAX. To make sure that everyone gets PLENTY of seat time. ONCE WE’VE REACHED THE 40 DRIVER LIMIT THAT'S IT. DON'T COME TO THE GATE IF YOU'RE NOT REGGED.

2. ALL DRIVERS NEED TO ARRIVE BETWEEN 6:45-8:00AM. If you are paid and do not arrive by 8:15AM, your registration will not be accepted. This will be 100% enforced.

3. We will be being very strict on being timely..that means...I say tech ends at 8:30, it ends at 8:30. If youre not there and ready to go by then...Not my problem, other people were responsible enough to get there on time and don'tt have the patience to wait for the rest of you.

4. General tech inspection guidelines --
a. Battery tie down -- you must have a strong battery tie down (preferably metal). Bungee cords are no good. Do not even bother getting in the tech line if your battery is not secured well. Battery boxes must be similarly secured.
b. Seat belts -- you must have a functional 3 (or more) point seat belt that is securely fastened.
c. Seat bolts -- make sure all your seat bolts are tight and present. You will not be able to drive with less than 4 bolts holding your seat to the chassis.
d. Lug Nuts / Studs -- you must have all lug nuts and studs per wheel. 3/4 or 4/5 lugs/studs fails tech. No exceptions.
e. Wheel bearings -- must not exhibit excessive play.
***These rules sound familiar? Thats cause the other guys now use it too*** hahah.

These are the basic tech requirements. Specific requirements are available at http://www.DGTrials.com/forms.php It is your responsibility to ensure that your vehicle passes tech, not ours. We will provide some assistance (read: very, very minimal), but the burden lies on your, the entrant.

Hotel Information
Hotel: Comfort Inn Downtown South 795 Pollard Boulevard Atlanta, GA 30315 Phone: (404) 658-1610 Fax: (404) 221-1812
This is one of the closest hotels there. You can walk to the event from the hotel. Check with them for rates.
Volunteers
I am currently trying to figure out a Volunteer Special for you guys. Its probably going to entail participation in a future event at a discounted rate with a certain number of volunteer days worked. We will be providing our Volunteers with lunch. For those that are interested in volunteering.. please email me at Eugene.Chou@DGtrials.com.

STAY TUNED FOR MORE DETAILS AND SPONSOR INFORMATION.

Please direct any questions you have regarding the track, sponsorship, or the event in general to Eugene.Chou@Dgtrials.com or Dennis.Mertzanis@Dgtrials.com

Thank You,
Eugene - DGtrials SEC
http://www.dgtrials.com
Last edited by Generz on Tue May 10, 2005 12:13 am, edited 5 times in total.
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is gonna be fun :).
andysapp
I need to go outside

Post by andysapp »

I'll be there at 6:40am!
:D
leon.borden
Fresh Meat

Post by leon.borden »

Too broke for hotel... Im either gonna have to find somebody to let me sleep there, or Ill be sleeping saturday afternoon, waking up at midnight, then driving down, getting there about 5:30, then sleeping some before the event.

Maybe Ill have my 2way installed by then :twisted:
POOPscandal
Taco Bar Extraordinaire

Post by POOPscandal »

not to sound like a stalker, but if yah need somewhere to crash my place is open, as long as you don't mind being somewhere where it looks like a hurricane just came through :lol:

i can't wait till this one, the last event at turner field was awesome...well except for some dumbasses who can't drive safely in a straight line leaving the event :roll:
Superb Tough Highest Performer Driven to Lifestyles Unimaginable
:domo: :domo: :domo:PHOTOBLARG! :domo: :domo: :domo:NEW EXCITING BLARG! :domo: :domo: :domo:
"thanks man, I didn't do it, but I'm a fan of apple penis" - <3 internet
leon.borden
Fresh Meat

Post by leon.borden »

I can't wait... I wasnt near good enough at the end of last year to actually be in a position where it was worth my money to enter and learn, but this time Im ready and I can't wait.

And I appreciate that offer, and I might take you up on it, except for the fact that panda in your avatar is super-intimidating.
Hachi_Drifter
Fresh Meat

Post by Hachi_Drifter »

sounds like alot of fun ill be coming Slideways
revel
Eet Bacon

Post by revel »

hopefully i can get the GC drift worthy by then!!!!?!?!?!?!??!

keep your fingers crossed for the AWD drift. awaiting new rear endlinks so i can tighten the rear sway. then i gotta find a stock front sway or just take my 20mm front sway off. i think it is just too tight, thus inducung understeer....heavy understeer. will see once the new rear endlinks are on.
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

cool, hope you can get it all geared up!
i'm about to start my suspension funding soon with some ebay strut bars and good TC rods, and then hopefully some rear upper control arms and sway bars fairly soon after that. oh, and i still need more wheels and better front tires. i'll be ready though, even if i have to clutch kick it through every turn to kill the understeer :).
revel
Eet Bacon

Post by revel »

CodyW wrote:even if i have to clutch kick it through every turn to kill the understeer :).
be right there with ya. if i can get everything ready by then.
Generz
Eet Bacon

Post by Generz »

doh.. i'm soooo retarded... my asian skills in mafamatiks is leaving me...

package for three events is $225!.. i've just fixed the paypal.

anyways.. PM me or email me if you have any questions guys!
wicked clown
Fresh Meat

Post by wicked clown »

haha i plan to be there one way or the other, driving or watching(like last year...) good times either way though.
I am Jack's inflamed sense of rejection.

BrokeAssHachi
Imitation Crab Meat

Post by BrokeAssHachi »

im so hungry now, you bastard. :x :lol:
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles

Post by CodyW »

ok, i finally registered for this. everyone else, make sure you do it this week (before the 14th) to get a good deal!
Generz
Eet Bacon

Post by Generz »

Hey guys.. we've extended preregistration till April 25th.