Renegade Raid RallyCross, August 1st, TN!

Competing in an event? Do you enjoy meat? Let everyone know about it here!

Moderators: andysapp, charlie, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

jo
Not Really Past the Hazing
Posts: 1246
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:09 pm

Renegade Raid RallyCross, August 1st, TN!

Post by jo »

Image

I'm officially registered and ready to rock this event and GET DIRRRRTY! Friday the 30th is my birthday, so we will probably head up to TN on the 31st and chill in chattanooga for the night so we can get up and rally it in the morning. Does anyone know of cool stuff to do up there? And does anyone want to come along and spectate or compete? We could make a minitrip out of it.

Here is the hotel info:

Well I just got the hotel for TN! It's only a few miles from the rallycross site and it's 50 bucks a night which isn't bad I guess....at least for a nice hotel!

Quality Inn Chattanooga

5505 Brainerd Road
Chattanooga, TN 37411

Phone:
(423) 894-2040
Last edited by jo on Sun Aug 01, 2004 11:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles
Posts: 8581
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:44 am
Location: emergency surgery in the studio
Contact:

Post by CodyW »

i might be down for coming along and watching
jo
Not Really Past the Hazing
Posts: 1246
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:09 pm

Post by jo »

awesome! we need someone to take pictures and video since I have no way to mount a camera in the car!

someone please donate a sparco harness bar to me!!! k thx!:)
User avatar
Silonius
Imitation Crab Meat
Posts: 474
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:54 pm
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Contact:

Post by Silonius »

That's the greatest entry list ever. The Nissan pick up is gonna be a challenge, and I love the 1898 Golf. HAHAHA. I'll be there, ummmmm, there's the Chattanooga choo choo? Don't really know another other activities up there. I haven't decided if I'm gonna go up and camp or get up at 4 am and drive up there. At least there wouldn't be any traffic :D I love mountain runs when you don't see a soul.
jo
Not Really Past the Hazing
Posts: 1246
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:09 pm

Post by jo »

haha awesome! I am so glad you are going to be there! a little competition never hurts;) I'm gonna take that fiero down!!! lol. besides, we can take turns gather video footage and photos of each other. Who are you getting to codrive? What class did you register for? SO far it's only me and one other in the GTS class. I'd like to go see the aquarium but I'm not sure if there will be time!

I can't wait to see the impulse run! and the "tired old vw" haha

David Brooks O 33 '91 Isuzu Impulse RS
John Barnett G2 808 some tired old vw teamtac.org
eric crutchfield PS 4 1898 VW golf team meto flog
Paul Jones PS 21 1996 Nissan Pick Up
David Brophy GTS 42 85 Fiero GT BROPHY Racing
nobody Balsamo GTS 23 2004 Subaru WRX STi driftmechaniks.com
User avatar
Silonius
Imitation Crab Meat
Posts: 474
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:54 pm
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Contact:

Post by Silonius »

Since I'm in the dirt lovin Saturn, I'll be in the PS class, when I actually register. And a little competition never hurt anyone. Finally the long awaited Saturn/Suby STI battle will be settled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:
jo
Not Really Past the Hazing
Posts: 1246
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:09 pm

Post by jo »

hahahah i don't know if i can compete with the FF power..... this is going to be a tough battle! You think you can take the 1898 golf? lol.

man i can't wait to get my car dirty! i want pod lights!~!~!!!
Drew@blitzkriegmedia
Ripe Meat
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:48 pm
Contact:

Post by Drew@blitzkriegmedia »

nobody wrote:awesome! we need someone to take pictures and video since I have no way to mount a camera in the car!

someone please donate a sparco harness bar to me!!! k thx!:)
You could try and use the head rest. A friend of mine took a staight thin (1/4" thick x 1" wide x 12" long) peice of metal and drilled two holes in it to put the headrest peg threw and two more at the other end to strap the camera to. Then you just lock the head rest all the way down.

He said vibration was a bit of a problem, but you could give it a try.
jo
Not Really Past the Hazing
Posts: 1246
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:09 pm

Post by jo »

I don't have separate headrests, though.... It's all one piece with just slits for harnesses :(
Drew@blitzkriegmedia
Ripe Meat
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:48 pm
Contact:

Post by Drew@blitzkriegmedia »

nobody wrote:I don't have separate headrests, though.... It's all one piece with just slits for harnesses :(
O, thats right I forgot you were rocking the race seats, sorry :oops:
User avatar
andysapp
I need to go outside
Posts: 29034
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:07 pm
Location: KILL 'EM ALL.

Post by andysapp »

Haha... that trick works in my e46!
I can actually take a tripod... keep it closed, and pull the headrest & slide it over... locking the tripod in place. Never any problems with vibrations. I could actually extend the neck out of the car a good distance to get those front wheel drift shots, until I got my NuAngle mount. That thing is bas-assed! Now I'm no longer restricted to the seat. I can put it anywhere on the car!
:D
jo
Not Really Past the Hazing
Posts: 1246
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:09 pm

Post by jo »

Oooh! We are going to go to the aquarium on Saturday before the event and go to the nascar 3d imax movie. asscar is gay and all but the 3d movie will prolly be pretty dope.

i <3 3d imax! I'm so glad there is one up here-- I miss the one from home lots.

everyone is welcome to accompany me on the birthday weekend:)
jo
Not Really Past the Hazing
Posts: 1246
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:09 pm

Post by jo »

Woah-- Jarco is sponsoring two hachis in the rallycross event!!! Well they are technically 87's, but still...a little GTS dirt action!

Stuart Wood PS 1987 Toyota Corolla GT-S Jarco

William K Wood PS 1987 Toyota Corolla GT-S Jarco
User avatar
Silonius
Imitation Crab Meat
Posts: 474
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:54 pm
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Contact:

Post by Silonius »

What's Jarco?
User avatar
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles
Posts: 8581
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:44 am
Location: emergency surgery in the studio
Contact:

Post by CodyW »

they are a shop from atlanta (http://www.jarcoinc.com)
Post Reply