Meet - Friday Sept. 17th - Andretti Speed Lab

Competing in an event? Do you enjoy meat? Let everyone know about it here!

Moderators: andysapp, charlie, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

Post Reply
User avatar
andysapp
I need to go outside
Posts: 29034
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:07 pm
Location: KILL 'EM ALL.

Meet - Friday Sept. 17th - Andretti Speed Lab

Post by andysapp »

When. Friday Sept 17th 8:00 pm
Where. Andretti Speed Lab, Monte Carlo room.

Atlanta Drift enthusiast meet. We are having a meet for the Atlanta and surrounding area Drift enthusiasts to discuss ideas about ways to get the ball rolling in Atlanta. We will be discussing places to contact, ways to contact them and things to say to them to calm any doubts about a Drift event in the area. Bring your ideas, suggestions and good attitudes and have some fun. On hand will be Tony Schultz, Toyo sponsered Drifter for Finish Line Motorsports (sponser permitting) and his car, Sae Kang from Finish line motorsports, Products from Core Performance Products and we will raffle off a Stage 2 Gravity clutch from Competition clutches and Stainless Brake lines from Core Performance. Raffle tickets will be 2 dollars.

Meet like minded people in your area, trade spots if you want and lets try to build the base in Atlanta. Everyone wants more events and safer places to slide so lets make em.
Last edited by andysapp on Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
ChadMK4
Purple Drank
Posts: 2425
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:23 am
Location: Stocking Wood
Contact:

Post by ChadMK4 »

Ok it looks like we may have an Issue with this Date Due to the Frack'n Hurricane coming our way.. It's suggesting that the Winds will be hitting us really hard by Friday Afternoon.. Last I heard the winds were at 165MPH!! By the time it gets to us it will still be packing 60+MPH winds..
http://www.weather.com/maps/news/atlsto ... large.html

It's really Ghey that the last few events have beeen ruined by storms..
Image
User avatar
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles
Posts: 8581
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:44 am
Location: emergency surgery in the studio
Contact:

Post by CodyW »

i think wind drifting would be cool :).
MTRLevolution
Get Some
Posts: 991
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:57 am
Location: www.dashiz.com

Post by MTRLevolution »

BAH i have plans already scheduled. dammit, why do things always come up that prevent me from hanging with the drift folk? maybe the hurricrap will cancel the meeting and i'll make the next one.
Image
User avatar
Rhoad Racing
Salsa Rodeo
Posts: 5781
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:51 pm
Location: Sisu.
Contact:

Post by Rhoad Racing »

MTRLevolution wrote:BAH i have plans already scheduled. dammit, why do things always come up that prevent me from hanging with the drift folk? maybe the hurricrap will cancel the meeting and i'll make the next one.
you're not the only one. I've missed every event thus far due to previous plans or lack of funds. :?
User avatar
andysapp
I need to go outside
Posts: 29034
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:07 pm
Location: KILL 'EM ALL.

Post by andysapp »

ChadMK4 wrote:Ok it looks like we may have an Issue with this Date Due to the Frack'n Hurricane coming our way.. It's suggesting that the Winds will be hitting us really hard by Friday Afternoon.. Last I heard the winds were at 165MPH!! By the time it gets to us it will still be packing 60+MPH winds..
http://www.weather.com/maps/news/atlsto ... large.html

It's really Ghey that the last few events have beeen ruined by storms..
Do you really think the meeting will be postponed?
I'll be there either way.

I want to race goKarts!
:D
User avatar
ChadMK4
Purple Drank
Posts: 2425
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:23 am
Location: Stocking Wood
Contact:

Post by ChadMK4 »

I"m willing to say that Andretti will be closed also.. ..
Image
User avatar
Rhoad Racing
Salsa Rodeo
Posts: 5781
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:51 pm
Location: Sisu.
Contact:

Post by Rhoad Racing »

the meet is still on.
ya'll going?
User avatar
andysapp
I need to go outside
Posts: 29034
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:07 pm
Location: KILL 'EM ALL.

Post by andysapp »

YES!!!

I have mad shxxxt to do in prep for Nopi tomorrow (like wash my driftMuddy e46)... but I really want to attend the meeting, and OWN some folks in goKarts! :D
User avatar
Rhoad Racing
Salsa Rodeo
Posts: 5781
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:51 pm
Location: Sisu.
Contact:

Post by Rhoad Racing »

andysapp wrote:I have mad shxxxt to do in prep for Nopi tomorrow
me and you both! And there's no way I'll be able to get to it all before the show especially with the meet tonight. :( But I'll do what I can.
User avatar
andysapp
I need to go outside
Posts: 29034
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:07 pm
Location: KILL 'EM ALL.

Post by andysapp »

I hear ya!

I'm glad I started in on my vinyl last night... cause I wouldn't have been able to pull it off tonight. I'll prolly end up running my car thru a touchless carwash and calling it a day. I don't want to win anything at Nopi anyway (although I said that last year, and won)... I just wanna hang out and have a good time!
:D
User avatar
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles
Posts: 8581
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:44 am
Location: emergency surgery in the studio
Contact:

Post by CodyW »

i have to make an attempt to get my car running right before the meet tonight and then get it sorta clean too.
aslo, anyone still wanna stay at my dad's tonight? i'm kinda leaning towards it so i can get a little more sleep.
User avatar
Rhoad Racing
Salsa Rodeo
Posts: 5781
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:51 pm
Location: Sisu.
Contact:

Post by Rhoad Racing »

CodyW wrote:i have to make an attempt to get my car running right before the meet tonight and then get it sorta clean too.
aslo, anyone still wanna stay at my dad's tonight? i'm kinda leaning towards it so i can get a little more sleep.
yea....i might. the more sleep i get the better.
Post Reply