Page 1 of 1

** DriftMechaniks Labor Day Throwdown **

Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:58 pm
by andysapp
It looks like we're getting some peeps together tomorrow during the day/evening at Mike's (FunkeyMunkeyFC) house. Anyone who wants to bring food/drinks along should definitely rock it! The pool should be available to take a dip in. There will be pony rides and a jungle gym. Well, just kidding. But there will be good peeps, and who knows what else.

I'll let Mike post more details when he gets a chance with directions, etc.
It'll be a good time for sure!

Rawkin' like Maculay Caulkin.
Werd Life.

Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:18 pm
by MTRLevolution
sounds awesome!! i can bring like two twelve packs of fanta.

Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:02 pm
by K-groove
I have to be at work at 9pm, but I'll try to come hang out for a little while.

Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:16 pm
by andysapp
Awwww shxxxt.
Work on Labor Day? That totally sucks.
We should still link up for a bit!

Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:46 pm
by CodyW
i'll definately be there!
only thing that sucks is we're supposed to get hella rain (i think) but oh well.

Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:45 am
by andysapp
Yeah, we'll have to play the rain tip by ear. Mike said the BBQ is covered, so we'd be good from that angle. We'll see what the weather's like tomorrow and take it from there.

We can always meet up at my parents house in Gwinnett as well.
I know they've been dying to meet the kru, so that's an option also.

We'll make the call tomorrow morning as to what's going down.

Biblioteca.

Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:58 pm
by CodyW
will your dad let us all take the 911 out for test drives? :)

Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:42 pm
by andysapp
Hahahaha!!!
Yeah, I think that could be arranged. I'm scoping the weather, and seeing what's up as we speak. I'll letcha guys know shortly.
Werd up.

Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:29 pm
by andysapp
Mkaaay...

Since rain is pending, & we won't be able to get our swim on at Mike's... we've opted to save Mike's for another day, and move the throwdown to my parents house in Gwinnett.

We should try and meet around 4:00 pm, and caravan out as a group... we'll need to hit up a grocery store on the way. There's a Kroger right by their house on Sugarloaf Pkwy. If you already have things to bring, then rawk out!

Anyone who can't make the caravan, and wants to meet up at the house, give me a holla, and I'll give you directions.

Happy Hockey Puck Day!
:D

Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:15 am
by andysapp
Well, the BBQ today was definitely fun!

We had our FOERST innagural Kroger feild trip, which was interesting to say the least. Natural Geese in full effect!!! How many driftMechaniks does it take to buy BBQ goodies? Hahaha! A LOT!!! I don't think the U-Scan guy knew what to think when we started devying up the carts contents to pay seperately. Bwaaahahaha!

Anyway... thanks to everyone for making it out. Big big thanks to Rox for operating the grille and feeding us all! HUGE huge thanks to Ma & Pa Dukes for letting us grille out there at the house. It was a great time for sure. I want more of that chocolate cake!

Next time the rain won't stop the CarreraCoaster. $20 per ride, come on guy... why not? Just for you! Limited time offer, you cash in now, ride free later! LOL!

Here's a coupla pictures I managed to snap amongst the BBQ activities:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:16 am
by CodyW
haha...yup, the BBQ was awesome!
your mom makes some delicious chocoalte cake too :).

Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:09 pm
by andysapp
OMG, I've been fiending for more of that cake since I woke up this morning!

Mmmmmm... caaake.
:D

Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:00 pm
by ChadMK4
Looks like ya'll had fun.. I had forgotten about it. But it's ok cause I got a bunch of yard work done that hadn't been done all Summer.. My backyard looks Awesome now.. ..... . Well Better than it did.. The Broke ass roommates (Chris and I) just hung around later that afternoon and watched Starsky and Hutch for the 3rd time in a week... Excellent Movie!!

Posted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:17 pm
by MTRLevolution
that was tons o' fun. your mom rocks the cake and the spinach dip stuff. damn i'm hungry just thinking about it. the 911 was fast as hell too.

Posted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:30 pm
by Rhoad Racing
haha....barry is guarding that pizza with his life 8)

looks like ya'll had fun.